Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

daysoftheweek posted a comment on Sunday 26th July 2009 12:36pm for 76: What Truth You Hear

So basically, Hermione is being given free reign to Malfoy Manor?

carolebear posted a comment on Friday 24th July 2009 9:29am for 76: What Truth You Hear

Well, I know the immediate effect is to do the things you replied to earlier, but the process is driving me barking mad! I love you so much!

BaltaineShadow posted a comment on Friday 24th July 2009 7:54am for 76: What Truth You Hear

I can't wait to read the next chapter... This was just too good!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Too good? Should I get worse? *innocent smile*

Dracolych69 posted a comment on Friday 24th July 2009 4:20am for 76: What Truth You Hear

Hot Damn! He's really good with that double speak, isn't he. Makes what is closer to what he wants, what he is comfortable with. Very nice. As always, eagerly awaiting the next one,

Jeremiah

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I love writing it, too. Fun fun fun!

callie posted a comment on Friday 24th July 2009 1:13am for 76: What Truth You Hear

hmm interesting... i had to read it twice but... that could turn out very curious indeed

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Curiouser and curiouser!

tangentsferret posted a comment on Thursday 23rd July 2009 11:37pm for 76: What Truth You Hear

OK, what the heck is going on? Let's see...

Luna thought she would count as enough of a Malfoy to manipulate the wards because she and Draco are betrothed, and she was kind of right. Got that bit.

The Sword of Gryffindor can kill all kinds of things, probably, got that bit too.

Hermione *might* be slightly confused about why he amputated her hand, or she might have figured it out (smartest witch, blah blah), but she is holding it together enough to try to play up to Draco (although she's not much of an actress, canonically), who she sussed out as Reflection quite a while back. Got that.

Draco is either vamping desperately for time, hoping the cavalry will come over the hill before he has to do anything *worse* than take her hand off, (and that he won't be target number one when said cavalry arrives) or possibly he has had another of those moments of sheer brilliance he suffers from periodically and he is deliberately setting up a ruse by which Hermione can be kept safely at the Manor for some time, always providing a) her acting skills are up to the job (see above ref to canon), and b) the adults fall for it (doing fairly well on this count, based on Lucy's reaction). Got.

And then there's Peter, and the inside of his head seems to indicate he may not be *quite* as completely evil and unrepentant as previously believed. Got.

Goodness. What a complex bit of storytelling. OK, we have Draco and Hermione in a room with Lucy and Bella, we have Harry, Gin and Luna, outside the walls getting ready to do something Gryffindor-ish and probably very noisy to the ancient wards on Malfoy Manor, and we have Ron and Peter, rolling around on the floor (right outside the room containing Lucy, Bella, Draco and Hermione) trying to maim each other.

Whoa. That is a LOT of information. Did I miss anything?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, doesn't look like it! One note: Hermione doesn't need to act much here. She's as scared and confused as she sounds, because she really doesn't understand what's going on. But she'll catch on!

HGRHfan35 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd July 2009 11:30pm for 76: What Truth You Hear

Anne,
What a delight!
40 minutes left before I go away for the weekend and you surprise us with this.

That Draco, what a delightfull boy he is!
Always trying to make daddy dearest proud.

Yes! We need MORE, we always will be needing MORE from you.
Please Please Pretty Please?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Timing. Sometimes, I has it. And yes, Draco's enjoying making Lucius proud... because he knows how badly he's going to hurt his daddy dearest when it all comes crashing down...

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Thursday 23rd July 2009 7:47pm for 76: What Truth You Hear

Beautiful! (without even speaking of the updating speed) I'm sorry for the short review, their length is generally proportional to how much work I have to do.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No problem--why do you think I'm writing BC and not FD?

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Thursday 23rd July 2009 7:39pm for 76: What Truth You Hear

Okay, so argh, again. Just getting started??!! I do see where Draco is going with this, but I wish you didn't have to keep us in suspense so much...But as I love your work so much I'll just have to cope! As always, I hope you can update soon...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hey, if I didn't keep you in suspense, how would you know it was me?

carolebear posted a comment on Thursday 23rd July 2009 3:18pm for 76: What Truth You Hear

You are so devious! Okay, I'll admit that I don't have a clue what is going on in this chapter, but I'm glad to be getting updates again!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Draco's trying to keep Hermione safe. Ron's trying to get in to save her. Harry and Ginny are trying to get in to save them both. Any further questions?