Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

ClarenceRose posted a comment on Saturday 1st August 2009 6:49am for 77: Why You Cast Spells

Yay! i'm excited!
That was great!

callie posted a comment on Thursday 30th July 2009 10:42pm for 77: Why You Cast Spells

please tell me that draco has some big elaborate plan so hermione doesnt have t do that!

poor harry he really didnt want to do that

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, don't you worry, Draco's plan is going fine... and will, right until the point when he runs into something he didn't expect...

BaltaineShadow posted a comment on Thursday 30th July 2009 9:13am for 77: Why You Cast Spells

Wonderful as ever...
And now you'll have to update really fast - that's your own fault, by the way... you really shouldn't end a chapter at SUCH a point. It's EVIL!

Ryan Illuser posted a comment on Thursday 30th July 2009 8:09am for 77: Why You Cast Spells

Well that was good and Draco well Draco is being Draco with his own agenda.

Ladyofthelight posted a comment on Thursday 30th July 2009 5:57am for 77: Why You Cast Spells

Quite good as always! I can't wait for Harry & Co. to figure out that Draco's not all he seems! Hmm, what's Ron's reaction going to be, I wonder? He's much more against Draco that anyone else, I feel.
~LotL

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ron's actually going to be okay with it--he's had longer than Harry to assimilate the idea that maybe Draco isn't all bad anymore, and it's going to help a lot that Draco did save Hermione's life. It's Harry who won't be able to take this one in.

Dracolych69 posted a comment on Thursday 30th July 2009 3:11am for 77: Why You Cast Spells

The effects of an AK on a house's wards. Should definitely be interesting. Liked how you remembered that Harry is still a teen, and not a hardened warrior like some do in situations like this. Definitely looking forward to the next one.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It does what they were hoping it would do. And yeah, Harry's got reason to have second thoughts about this...

HGRHfan35 posted a comment on Thursday 30th July 2009 1:42am for 77: Why You Cast Spells

Oh my.... Oh my....Oh my....I'm speechless.
What a brilliancy. It kept me on the edge of my seat but then......end of page? Noooo!

Will Ron charge in (of course he will).
Will Luciius be able to call his Dork Lord.
Will Harry & Ginny get there in time.
Will Draco ....uhm...yeah...what is he doing.

Btw, if it's down hill fast, I'll let go of the pointy black hat but I'll grab my black skirt to keep them down.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Draco's arranging for Hermione and Ron to get away while still covering his own tracks... also bettering his standing among the DEs and gratifying a certain sneaky desire of his own...

carolebear posted a comment on Thursday 30th July 2009 12:47am for 77: Why You Cast Spells

I'm sorry this one was so hard to write - do you know why that was so?

I would have never thought of "killing" a ward before, but I suppose the wards are living in a way, since they usually depend on the will (and perhaps blood) of their creator. I am a little surprised that Hermoine isn't in shock from pain, but I realize that only a few minutes have passed between the beginning of the last chapter and the end of this one. I hope that Ron doesn't do anything stupid, because he is a bit of a hothead.

So we are at the top of the roller coaster right now? All the build up behind us? I'm strapped in and ready for the screaming to commence!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It was mostly hard because I hate writing Harry being all stupid and noble. There's a reason Hermione isn't in shock from pain--it's got blond hair and an annoying smile.

tangentsferret posted a comment on Thursday 30th July 2009 12:26am for 77: Why You Cast Spells

I dunno, maybe it's just that it's early and I have a headache, but I finished this chapter with a wild urge to whap Harry upside his head and yell "Get ON with it,you twit!". How incredibly annoying of him to develop moral qualms about killing a WALL, of all things, at the least possible convenient moment. I mean, there's Ron being all heroic and attacking a grown man (even if it is Peter), and there's Hermione being brave and steadfast, Draco risking everything from his life to his happiness by intervening and Luna doing the same, not to mention Ginny who has laid her whole future on the line for love of one stupid green-eyed boy, and then there's Harry himself, having a whiny-baby moment about using lethal force on an inanimate object (ok, more or less inanimate) in order to help SAVE Ron and Hermione?!?!?! Argh! What, does he really think he's going to beat Moldyshorts with a Wingardium Leviosa?

Ok, sorry about the (probably headache-inspired) rant. I must have missed something that will cause it all to make sense when I re-read it after the meds kick in. I suppose in a way it is a compliment that you write these people so well I get that wound up about them!

Thank you for updating!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes! I made the impression I was going for! This is exactly what I think of canon!Harry, and I was trying to convey it! Morals have their place, but so does keeping oneself alive! And then JKR managed to set it up so that doing the brave, noble, and stupid thing was exactly the right thing to do to win the war (perhaps not with a WL, but with an Expelliarmus), and though I cheered I also wanted to scream... ah well. I can always write it my way later. Come to think, I'm gonna!

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Wednesday 29th July 2009 7:21pm for 77: Why You Cast Spells

Oh Lord, more evil? Anyway, a great chapter as always, and I'm loving how Draco's is drawing this out to give Ron, Harry and co time to get there. Nice Ron/Wormtail confrontation too, Ron confronting him with the terrible way he repaid Harry for saving his life. There's almost a moment when you can feel sorry for Wormtail, who has, after all, to face the consequences of his actions in the afterlife - I wouldn't wish to be him should he have to face James, Sirius and Lily...As always, a plea to update soon, and for more Facing Danger if possible...