Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Leleni posted a comment on Wednesday 25th February 2015 12:03pm for Chapter 11: In the Midst (Year 3)

This is one of my favorite sections you have ever written. The beauty of the words you use, the perfect parallelism. "Into the midst of life came death and into the midst of death came life." I have certainly read this section half a dozen times and yet it alwas brings tears to my eyes.

If ever you are looking for story sections to rewrite into original short stories, this would be a phenomenal candidate. The specific identity of the characters is not essential, the writing is powerful and beautiful, and the magic used fits in with a general mythology setting.

Lel

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Friday 8th February 2008 5:26am for Chapter 11: In the Midst (Year 3)

The "so we speak, so we intend"
"and so let it be done"
speech and response form that you have introduced in the Dangerverse doesn't have any basis in canon (at least none I remember) but it has a very real feel to it.

If magic worked in the real world(*), it would be something like that. A focusing of will, and an acceptance that what is intended be done.

If I heard somebody talk like that in ordinary speech, I would probably laugh. But if I saw it done on stage (or in a movie) by actors who knew how to make it feel right, I would believe in it.

Congratulations to WhyDoYouNeedToKnow on creating a more real-feeling magic than Rowling managed.

(*) I'm not asserting it doesn't, merely that I haven't seen it done.

CodeRomance posted a comment on Thursday 24th January 2008 12:53pm for Chapter 11: In the Midst (Year 3)

bloody brilliant! i loved it! very awesome!

CodeRomance

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 11th September 2006 4:07pm for Chapter 11: In the Midst (Year 3)

BYOT Warning should have been supplied

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 10:09am for Chapter 11: In the Midst (Year 3)

I adored this chapter, especially the balance in the Longbottoms and the way the magic worked. Fantastic.

Rocky235 posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd March 2006 3:02am for Chapter 11: In the Midst (Year 3)

You're inventing worlds within worlds.

The way you got to Frank and Alice was beautiful, in all aspects.