Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

AnnaPFOaks posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 1:45pm for Chapter 12: Thirds (Year 3)

could you help me? I can't read chapter 11, I don't know what happen to it, but I Can't read it. Coul you just see, if there is a problem?


well, thanks.... i really like this stories. bye

CodeRomance posted a comment on Thursday 24th January 2008 1:28pm for Chapter 12: Thirds (Year 3)

haa lol that was great....i hate Malfoy just so you know and not Draco...he's a Black...and i knew that Danger wanted kids! it was so obvious earlier in the story...sigh...i wonder if there could possibly be some way to fix that...hmm...after all...Remus is apparently not a werewolf...so shouldn't that mean he could have kids...i mean i still don't get that whole thing...if he's not a werewolf then why does he change...and why can't he have kids...just doesn't make any sense to me and i wish you had explained it better

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 10:20am for Chapter 12: Thirds (Year 3)

Was the "not a pirate" line a Princess Bride reference? Loved that the Longbottoms are revived and Danger wants babies but can't have them.

Matt posted a comment on Sunday 19th February 2006 2:19am for Chapter 12: Thirds (Year 3)

Though in general I've been really impressed with this series, I grow increasingly frustrated at the lack of ultimate mystery. After all, everyone lives no matter the risks, the "good" people don't suffer significant losses eyond those at the beginnning of Canon and though there is suffering, its generally fairly short lived.
Though I certainly like having things work out OK, I get frustrated because theo nly question becomes: How will she come to a solution to a problem similar to those in the books without following the plot exactly. Its an interesting process to be sure but one in which everything is sure--in broad strokes--to come out all right. In Canon we're not even sure that Harry will live--in fact there is significant evidence to suggest that he won't. In your construct, the final outcome seems predictable, which certainly takes something away from what is otherwise a great story.
That said, I will contineu to read what you've done so far and look forward to what you do because you draw your characters so well and do find interesting ways to solve the problems that you pose them.
Matt

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You've found my true weakness - I'm a sucker for happy endings, and I hate seeing my characters suffer. I'm hoping to overcome it gradually by torturing them more and more over the next few years... it's probably too late to change the way this story is going now, but I'll be sure to keep your comment in mind as I write my original fiction.