Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Nenya posted a comment on Thursday 5th December 2013 10:51am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

I've said before that I think Percy's character journey is one of the most interesting and well handled aspects of this series. I'm really enjoying seeing it all unfold again, especially since I can pay a bit more attention to the smaller plot strands now I know the main arc pretty well.

CodeRomance posted a comment on Monday 28th January 2008 2:47am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

OH PERCY DONT DO THAT! under the imperious for you...crap! and ALTHEA argg poor charlie and tonks!

CodeRomance

ps but that play sure sounds interesting!

Yamainu posted a comment on Saturday 20th January 2007 9:34am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

It's funny. I've been a (sort of) fan of Remus/Tonks long before it was even a possibility in the books, yet the first time you showed Charlie and Tonks together, I actually forgot they weren't a pair in the books? Remus/Danger is now so thoughrouly in my mind that I was almost done with Living Without Danger before I remembered that Remus and Tonks got together in cannon! Now, reading HBP feels... a little strange.

I normally HATE original characters. My mother is always reading stories about muggle friends and relatives of characters who suddenly get magic, are paired of with a cannon character, and change the world of HP as we know it. I never understood why she liked those stories so much. I've never been able to read one without gagging.

Not this storyline. Your characters are so real, so round, so right that they're as real to me as Ginny, Hermione, or Neville. I've laughed with them, cried with them, loved with them. In my near decade of reading fanfiction, no story, AU or not, original characters or not, one-shot or not, has ever made me stand in awe the way yours has. I know you are still working on the fourth story, and I want you to know that I cannot wait to read the complete work.

I meant to do this whole spiel at the end, but it came out now. I give you a standing ovation, such as I have never given before.

oriona posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 9:13am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

but flames make the perfect s'mores!

n4zhg posted a comment on Friday 23rd June 2006 11:22am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

I scored the Donny Osmond version, so it's a good review in anticipation of the next chapter.

amulder posted a comment on Wednesday 21st June 2006 3:49am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

Realized I hadn't formally reviewed...
So I just had another read, and all I can say right now is thanks. No concrit to offer this time. At least, nothing springs to mind.

Someone else commented elsewhere about Ginny taking over as Alpha... and i find myself wondering how Neenee will react to that. Probably better than if it were the reverse.

I was a bit surprised to see no reaction from Ron about Krum singing with Hermione. I seem to remember reading about one Joseph show where Potiphar and Jacob were played by the same actor - Potiphar is really quite a small role after all.

Percy... now, that is a puzzle. nice bit of cliff hanger there. But it may not mean anything, after all, they might not be hiding at Crouch's house any more. If they are, well, Bad Things will happen.

best,
...art

Mariposa posted a comment on Wednesday 21st June 2006 2:28am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

Lovely chapter! I just feel bad over the whole Letha/Tonks/Charlie thing. Poor guys but I'm sure it'll be resolved quickly. Remus holding back his hysterical laughter was quite funny though. Why did you have to have Letha make such a big mistake? Haven't the other adults shown they're not infallible too? The ending was very "dun, dun, dun!" I can't wait for more! :o) Mari

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 19th June 2006 2:10pm for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

Well, no criticism from me, pal. I think you are doing a fantastic job of creating your own, very original, story, while keeping it at least parallel with canon. Keep up the great work!

karina82 posted a comment on Monday 19th June 2006 10:18am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

cool chapter. bit worried though, i hope tonks does end up marrying charlie.
wonder if percy will survive going to crouchs house?

Amamama posted a comment on Monday 19th June 2006 7:49am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

Aargh! Goodness me, I sure don't want Percy imperioed. What will happen when he gets to Crouch's house and probably finds his death eater son there? Disappear like Bertha Jorkins, i.e. end up dead? I hope not. Prat he may be, but I don't want him dead.

Why on earth did Aletha tell Tonks about the potion? When she came bringing around wedding invitations, no less? I guess her conscience finally caught up with her, but still... Well, I hope they work it out and get married after all. Maybe it'll just make their relationship a stronger one? I'm being hopeful here, but stormy weather makes your roots go deeper, after all.

And what is Rita up to together with Dudley? That cauldron is stinking, and I'm not sure I want to know what they're brewing.

Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing!

Graup posted a comment on Monday 19th June 2006 7:11am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

So, the deceit finally rears its ugly head. You handled it remarkably well.

Obviously, Canon is going in the Tonks/Remus direction. I am glad you added a bit about that. It certainly adds mystery to your story.

I am interested in seeing how you handle the third task (not the show, but the maze). Will you send Harry to fulfill his destiny to bring Moldie back to a body?

Or will you make it a dream sequence?

Charm posted a comment on Monday 19th June 2006 1:12am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

Yay! Joseph!And it was...red and yellow and green and brown and scalet and black and ocre and peach and ruby and olive and violet and fawn and lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve and cream and crimson and silver and rose and azure and lemon and ruset and grey and purple and white and pink and orange and blue!!!!! Keep the story up! I love it!

freakyfinger posted a comment on Monday 19th June 2006 12:46am for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

oh . . .evil aletha

Mary Morley posted a comment on Sunday 18th June 2006 9:45pm for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

Maybe you could give us a reference to the words in Draco's song for those of us who are not familar with "Joseph"?

Nice chapter as usual. I enjoy the fact that sometimes your characters do something stupid or wrong with the best of intentions -- for example, Letha dosing Tonks. Makes them more human.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Making the characters more human is the intention - I'm glad it works.   As to the song, if you want to see it right now, hit Chapter 40 of Living with Danger.   If you can wait a little while, I'll be posting a one-shot of the show as done at Hogwarts, with full lyrics to all the songs.   Thank you!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Sunday 18th June 2006 7:20pm for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

Heh, threads twining around threads as it all moves forward. I'm enjoying the ride.

David Thacker posted a comment on Sunday 18th June 2006 5:51pm for Chapter 46: Cast Away (Year 4)

What about the pepole(spelling?) in the dream world that Danger gose to could they help Harry?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Good thought, but no.   The binding  can only be undone by  a living blood relative  from the same bloodline from which the powers come.