Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

CodeRomance posted a comment on Monday 28th January 2008 2:24pm for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

ok...so cedric had to die...oh well...now just get rid of cho!...not the same way mind you...sigh...unless we want her to die so she's with cedric...that would be ok...lol oh i'm soooo mean!

CodeRomance

Darth Voldie posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 3:27am for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

I'm sorry, but did Harry completely lose any sort of intelligence he ever possessed in this chapter? He has a stunned Voldemort lying next to him, and what does he do with that opportunity? Nothing at all, he just runs away and throws away the easiest chance of destroying Riddle that he will ever have.
Of course there are the Horcruxes, but Harry doesn't know about those yet, so that's not an excuse, and even if he did know, depriving Voldemort of his new body would still be a huge blow for the dark side.

I apologise if I sounded too negative, but it just annoys me when Harry makes such obvious mistakes like that one.
Normally I love this series, so please take this as constructive criticism.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

There are Death Eaters about to arrive, and Harry's almost dead on his feet. If he stays, he might be able to hurt or kill Voldemort, but he might also get hurt (again), killed, or captured. Given the circumstances, he opted for the better part of valor and got himself out alive.

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 2:59am for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

Superb as ever.

One question: did I miss where Cedric found out about Harry's animagus form? Otherwise, how did he know that the "Wolf" jumping on him was actually Harry?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He found out about it just a few moments before, when he was off to one side watching and saw Harry transform.

Yamainu posted a comment on Saturday 20th January 2007 12:04pm for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

Darn you... I was really, really hoping Cedric might live... silly author teasing us like that...

Hannah3 posted a comment on Thursday 10th August 2006 7:55am for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

So, "Facing Danger" is the next one?

Bethany posted a comment on Wednesday 19th July 2006 4:51pm for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

Once again an amazing chapter. I love what you did with Danger and Karkaroff, showing her humanity in wanting revenge, bringing her to her senses via DD and then he dies in the end b/c he tries to kill Danger. It is very satisfying as a reader when the bad guy gets it.
Very exciting grave yard scenes, I love that Harry used his fire power and I almost jumped up and yelled when wolf killed that blasted snake!! I've wanted to see Nagini die since I first read GOF.
Excellent chapter, I can't wait to read more. Thank you

zac posted a comment on Tuesday 18th July 2006 11:24am for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

ahhh...poor cedric...a hufflepuff to the last

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Tuesday 18th July 2006 7:24am for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

Great chapter I thought that you were going to let Cedric live, but oh well. You should have Ginny hug and kiss Harry as soon as she can get her arms around him. It will deffently get his mind off of Cho, and get his mind on Ginny. Update soon.

MPF

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th July 2006 4:58am for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

Very well thought out. Subtley different and nice use of Harry's Gryffindor powers. Not making him to powerful with the, thats good.
It was obvious what killed Luna's mother but I liked the way you tied it all in and confirmed it. Shows how many little plot ideas you have woven together so well.

Monkey

Serendipity posted a comment on Monday 17th July 2006 7:56am for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

Wow. For a while there, I was terrified that you'd actually kill Danger - glad you didn't. It was interesting the way you made the graveyard scene come about and it'll be even more interesting to see how you handle the Order. Looking forward to the next chapter...

Cheers,
~*~LIZ

Quizer posted a comment on Monday 17th July 2006 12:07am for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

See? I knew you wouldn't have any scruples killing him off. That was pretty cruel, giving us hope first and then killing him off anyway. I think I hate you. :( (Being honest I also have to say I hate myself for letting myself be fooled by your Voldemort, like Harry did)

It's kinda depressing how your version of the graveyard scene went so very different, but still ended up with exactly the same results (discounting the death of Nagini). I think you put too much effort into letting things proceed at the same pace as in canon, when your AU clearly has developed a different dynamic. It strains suspension of disbelief. There is no reason for things to turn out the same, yet they do.

I'm still looking forward to the next chapters. Hopefully you won't make Year 5 suck as much as canon-Harry's did. Don't let Umbridge get so much power over Harry this time, I'm convinced it will greatly hurt the quality of this story!

well, see you next update.

Quizer

Mary Morley posted a comment on Sunday 16th July 2006 9:16pm for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

I think I like that fact that Cedric at least did a bit more than stand there with his mouth agape before he died. It made his death less senseless, if that makes any sense. Poor dumb bastard never knew what hit him in the books.

Lira posted a comment on Sunday 16th July 2006 4:07pm for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

Wow. Brilliant chapter! *cries for poor Cedric* *hates Voldemort even more now* More soon, please! :)

Chipotle posted a comment on Sunday 16th July 2006 2:13pm for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

THAT ROCKED!!!! Harry stunned Tommy and came home
I completely laughed in his face (theoritically, of course). by the way, what does Wolf killing Nagini meaning in terms of Horcruxes. When that happened, I was singing "ding dong the snake is dead, the wicked snake, the wicked snake. Tommy is with his snake no more." My mom thought I was loosing my mind (not that I had one to lose in the first place). Oh well I've rambled on long enough. Excellent chapter, I can't wait for the next one.

karina82 posted a comment on Sunday 16th July 2006 1:36pm for Chapter 50: Life and Death (Year 4)

wohooo i almos fell out of my chair when i got the notice that the new chapter was up. it was good to see harry use his griffindor power. really cool how those not in the pride could still link up with them and send more power to harry.

still brought a tear to my eyes to see cedric fall.