Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 27th February 2006 1:36am

The $64 question: Is this *still* the fake Moody, or did somehow Crouch Junior flop in his task and therefore this is the Genuine Article? Either way, the Goblet was figured out (by Harry and *Moody*) to be Confunded (by a party or parties unknown), but the strange part is that whoever did so did it *after* both Fred and George attempted to enter (and after Harry's fake attempt with the blank piece of parchment), otherwise Fred and George would have been able to enter. However, I do love how Harry used a frigging *first year spell* to point out one hole in the Goblet's protection (Wingardium Leviosa is a VERY early spell; in fact, it's taught in first-year Charms).

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ah, no. It was Dumbledore's Age Line F&G tried to get around with their Aging Potion, and (assuming canon plot still holds) Harry's name was put in the Goblet by someone who was of age and could therefore cross the Line.

m1parry posted a comment on Sunday 26th February 2006 3:21pm

Go you, keep it up Thanks.

Meg posted a comment on Monday 20th February 2006 5:20am

This has been just great!

Are you revising/rewriting what is posted on ff.net, or just editing?

I don't really want to wait *g*, but I will if there are going to be any major changes between the two postings.

Thanks!

Meg

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Minor revisions only - no plot has been changed. However, I'm about to finish posting DwD here, so if you're impatient, not too much longer to wait!

Ishtar posted a comment on Sunday 19th February 2006 3:48pm

Very nice so far. I hadn't read this part yet on ff.net and am enjoying it thoroughly.

Question: If Draco left his wand at the Den, how was he able to signal the Knight Bus?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You don't need your wand to signal the Knight Bus, only your wand hand. Reference Chapter 24 of OotP, where Remus summons it by sticking out his right hand.

Matt posted a comment on Sunday 19th February 2006 2:19am

Though in general I've been really impressed with this series, I grow increasingly frustrated at the lack of ultimate mystery. After all, everyone lives no matter the risks, the "good" people don't suffer significant losses eyond those at the beginnning of Canon and though there is suffering, its generally fairly short lived.
Though I certainly like having things work out OK, I get frustrated because theo nly question becomes: How will she come to a solution to a problem similar to those in the books without following the plot exactly. Its an interesting process to be sure but one in which everything is sure--in broad strokes--to come out all right. In Canon we're not even sure that Harry will live--in fact there is significant evidence to suggest that he won't. In your construct, the final outcome seems predictable, which certainly takes something away from what is otherwise a great story.
That said, I will contineu to read what you've done so far and look forward to what you do because you draw your characters so well and do find interesting ways to solve the problems that you pose them.
Matt

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You've found my true weakness - I'm a sucker for happy endings, and I hate seeing my characters suffer. I'm hoping to overcome it gradually by torturing them more and more over the next few years... it's probably too late to change the way this story is going now, but I'll be sure to keep your comment in mind as I write my original fiction.