Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Tuesday 28th June 2011 8:43pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

COW ONNA TOWER

xohorsegal752ox posted a comment on Thursday 28th June 2007 5:25am for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

i just read all that there is of teh danger series in like a week and a half and im LOVING it. please update soon. keep it up!
~ L-Dawg

titopuente posted a comment on Monday 25th June 2007 5:47pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Fantastic story/universe. I've spent most of my spare time over the last week reading all the way from the beginning of Living with Danger to the last update of Facing Danger, including some very late nights when I couldn't stop reading. At one point during Dealing with Danger when the Pack was being split up, I had to stop reading to go to work (in the evening, mind you; I wasn't up that late), and was in a bad mood the entire time I was there; that's how emotionally invested I am in these characters right now. Now, I have to wait for the next update with everyone else that's following this story. (Hurry!!) Keep at it.

millie johanson posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 8:23pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

I love all your stories can't waite for H&G I love how you took one little bit of information like how lonly Lupin was and gave him a life and helped Harry Who are you and how do I get to know more about you and others who have given me hours of enjoyment and sent me off on many wonderful adventures??????

I love H&G stories with some happy times along the way not just 5 min of happy endings. I love the fact the kids don't have to be punished all the time when they do something to help.

I didn't read your stories at first as I thought it was all about the verb Danger I was so surprised I read for days at first one story after another.. my family didn't see me until I finished all of them.best of luck Miss Millie

tangentsferret posted a comment on Tuesday 5th June 2007 9:56pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Oh, no! After following this saga through three websites and all those chapters, I have finally caught up with the current wavefront, and will have to wait with everybody else to see what happens next! AAAAAHHHH!!!!! (snicker)
Daaahling, ju ah mahvelous! Tight plotting, consistent characterization, grammar skills which would be the joy of any composition teacher's heart, and the dialog, oh, the wonderful, wonderful dialog... (brief pause for bibliomaniacal rapture)
I owe you an apology for not reviewing more consistently as I read through all of the books (because they are books). I blame you. If the story was not so riveting, I would not have been so eager to hit the "Next" button and read on, and you might have heard from me more often. Oh, and love the assorted references and homage you work in from time to time. I get all smug when I spot them reading through, and have fun looking the couple of times I didn't spot them the first time. It might not work so well in a paper book where there aren't author notes at the end of each chapter, but in this format it gives a wonderful feeling of "not only am I reading this story, I am also talking to a friend". You'll be hearing more from me now that I can't hit "next" anymore, I suppose. Thank you for writing, and for continuing to write!

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Tuesday 5th June 2007 8:04am for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Wow Awesome story set. Just caught up and can't wait for more! Love the Dangerverse :)

Rob

Ruth posted a comment on Thursday 31st May 2007 9:18am for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Hi, I've just stumbled across the Dangerverse for the second time and (as I have important exams next week) decided to read it all now. Sense? What is the sense you speak of?

Anyway, I thought I'd take the time to leave a general sort of comment on the series here, because I have enjoyed it a lot - I'll definitely be watching for updates.

So, some comments: The first time I tried to read this series I was put off by the events in the very first few chapters. There were too many neat co-incidences and the central characters seemed to be getting everything handed to them on a plate. I especially disliked the speed with which Danger and Remus hooked up; there seemed to be no reason why you couldn't have allowed them a bit more time to get to know one another before deciding they were in love and together forever. It felt as though you were using the magic involved as a short-cut to skip something that could be done very well with a narrative that took more time to develop - and it looks rather lazy, because Danger is a good, well-developed and independant character who it would have been worth spending time over. The supernatural assistance the Pack recieved at first did an awful lot for them - seemed to grant them immunity to all and every threat - and all the unpleasant characters in the story suffered horribly.

So much for the negative stuff (sorry to put all that first, but it does come first in the stories as well). On the positive side, it is really possible to track the improvement of every aspect of the stories as you developed them. The characters become more rounded and the difficulties they face turn into challenges that both stretch them and cause them to grow. The integration of the AU elements becomes smoother and more internally consistant. The plotting grows more textured and complex. The prose fills out, becoming more natural and smoother. These last few chapters have been truly gripping and made me very glad that I took the time to read this far.

If you every decide to go back and re-work the earliest chapters you could probably greatly improve them, but I wouldn't want to ask that until you've finished Facing Danger, would I? :)

Oh, and thanks for a refreshingly intelligent use of Latin in your spellwork. Lingua Latina non facilis est. I can't remember if you've used the latin word for werewolf anywhere, but if you don't know it, it's 'versipellus' (literally 'changing coat') and declines like 'servus'. Oh, and the 'were' element is an Old English word for 'man' as in 'male human' (female equivalent = 'wife' which has obviously suffered a different fate, linguistically speaking. I suppose, techically, a female werewolf would be a wifewolf but I doubt it'll catch on). You may know all this already, or not be interested, but take it as thanks if it's new to you.

jj84gal posted a comment on Tuesday 29th May 2007 12:22pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

yes, yes, evil cliffhanger. must give me more dangerverse!!! Pretty please with sugar on top, I'll even be nice to Professer Grumpey!

Infin1x posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd May 2007 8:38pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

It took me a few days but I am finally caught up from the beginning. I was a little wary about two OCs being main characters but I need not have worried. The biggest thing I want to congratulate you on is your depiction of the process to become an Animagus, most either gloss over it entirely or have the process much to simple from what the books hint at. All the characters are in character even with differing backgrounds from canon; though it is kinda hard to tell with Draco because the books don't show anything about but his pureblood ideologies and general cruel streak. Over all very well done.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd May 2007 2:14pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

A bit evil, but that's okay. Great chapter!

Quizer posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:56pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Good to see you update again! :)
So, the rescue is finally underway. Everything seems to be working out so far, but that might change after this evil, evil cliffhanger...

Liked the conversation about Cho. I wonder if she'll get set straight anytime soon. Also, what is Draco doing near that Amanda person? >_>
I hope that doesn't end up getting ugly.

It also seems like Umbridge is getting a bit of retribution. What exactly did that spell net do to her?


Quizer

callie posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 3:20pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

you are most certinly evil but the story was great and i can't wait for the next part

Amy posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 12:07pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Worth the wait - but pretty please don't make us wait so long for the next update!
What a cliffhanger!

Don't know what to make of Amanda either...

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Wednesday 16th May 2007 5:07pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Yes you are evil - you stated that in the month of April you would be getting a lot of work done on this story and made it seem like you would be coming out with a few updates...I waited all month! Yes, it is worth the wait, but I hope this time you won't leave us hanging with this cliffie that long. Thank you for a great story and a great series. I recommend it to all Harry Potter Fans!

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Tuesday 15th May 2007 6:59pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Yeah, kinda dabbling in evil, but oh well. It was worth the wait. Harry's getting a clue, finally and again. Umbridge is a cow literally and figuratively, and I want to smack Draco around even though he's my favorite. What can I say, I like the angsty ones. Oh, and we have a rescue in progress, yay. Cheers.

~Ivy

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 15th May 2007 3:15pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Ok, Harry is upset about Cho and her reactions. I figured that one wasn't going to work but I never expected her to react the way she did. That was unexpected. Now the pride is going to rescue Graham. We knew that couldn't go too smoothly. I really hope noone gets hurt in this. I really look forward to your next update. I am so glad you have been updating as often as you have. Thank you very much and thank you for writigng. pms

David posted a comment on Tuesday 15th May 2007 2:18pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Poor Pearl... every time she loses her temper.

Regarding Draco... maybe I'm just polishing my bona-fides for "Moody, Jr." paranoia, but I smell an infiltration/spy attempt. Love potions, mayhap?

Either that, or someone playing a deeper game and setting up girls like Cho and Amanda.. and maybe boys like Michael Corner, to run into misunderstandings that then would turn into "honest" anti-Pack/Pride gossip.

Saffron posted a comment on Tuesday 15th May 2007 1:49pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

How could you leave us with another cliff-hanger?? Fine. Be that way. Keep em coming.

Hugs,
Saffron

redjacobson posted a comment on Tuesday 15th May 2007 1:18pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

Loved what you did to Umbridge; but I was expecting more of a "Croak" or "Riiibitt!" from her.

Please update soon, I really don't like cliffhangers!

red

karina82 posted a comment on Tuesday 15th May 2007 12:51pm for Chapter 14: You Should Get Out More (Year 5)

oh man what's gona happen now? hope they pride is able to make it back to hogwarts.