Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Mulch Diggums posted a comment on Monday 6th September 2010 11:18pm for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

I love it. I love that quote! I just love it.

Graup posted a comment on Tuesday 31st August 2010 8:04am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

I have to say that I laughed out loud at the "Robinson" joke. I still guffaw when I think of it.

You are an amazing author, and I really enjoy your "take" on this story.

Thanks for the memories.

darkwing posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 4:50pm for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

"Will, this is Gertrude Granger-Lupin, but she always goes by Danger. Danger, Will Robinson."

NO NO NO NO <hehehe>

It took me 5 minutes to stop giggling and my wife thought I was nuts.

I LOVED THAT!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thank you. I've been waiting for years to use it and am glad it was appreciated.

cmburleson posted a comment on Sunday 12th April 2009 11:40pm for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

Wow, utterly surprised with the update. Excellent chapter and hope this means we have you back on a regular basis. Nice work.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, more regular at any rate. Anything's better than seven-odd months.

Rinna posted a comment on Saturday 11th April 2009 4:14am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

I'll admit, since we recorded the LWD podcast, I've been patiently waiting for the Lost in Space reference. Nice to see it finally showing up. :)

I think the prophesy is talking about Draco and the curse from the orb. But I could be WAAAAAY off base here.

Also, this is the second time I've started a re-read of the series only to discover upon reaching the last chapter that a new one has been submitted. Maybe I should start re-reading more often :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Maybe so! And no, you're right on!

slashback posted a comment on Friday 10th April 2009 3:43am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

Finally!!! An update.... I've been waiting ages for this...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I know, I know... :hangs head in shame:

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 7th April 2009 6:39pm for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

This is really interesting. I am surprised Neenie is sleeping with Ron but it is a good solution to her problems. Using the elves to help the DA members avoid spells is a great idea. It also makes all their different duties more effective. I can sympathize with the adults that are worried that children are going to be fighting but Frank is right. The young are always the ones that fight the wars that their parents generation and their granparents generation created. It is not fair but history proves that if we don't learn from our past we are doomed to repeat it. Too bad the world can't figure that out! Thanks for writing. I did not fall down dead so I will be here for your next update. I have enjoyed your other bunnies that you have sent our way in the meantime. Look forward to more! pms

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thank you for not dying. And yes, the adults are afraid for the kids but there's no real way to keep them out of this one.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 7th April 2009 3:05am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

I love the story of the Phoenix's gift and the way that the kids are supposed to analyse it. Interesting way of redrawing the classes that JKR invented.

LOL at Ron's answer to why he prefers snogging Hermione. Very funny and very Ron.

I also liked the fighting scene and your logic behind why they're fighting and the element of surprise. Good chapter. Lovely to see this continued even if you did leave us wanting to know what that bit of paper means. More please.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, JKR's curriculum reads a bit like a trade school. I wanted to expand on it a little. Bit of paper is a copy of one of Danger's prophecies, as we now know...

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 3:17pm for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

It was, I spent a good half minute imagining the rest of that conversation.

Brilliant update, as always. If I had to find one thing to criticize, I'd say that Frank's talk with Alice was a bit exaggerated and abrupt. If he truly believes that the war is going to be fought entirely by their son's generation, and all he has to do is help them prepare, then he has no business anywhere near children. I know you didn't mean it exactly like that, but that was my initial reaction.

Looking forward to more.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, that wasn't as well written as it could have been. I shall work a bit more on it next time. Thanks for concrit!

callie posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 1:07pm for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

yay they're getting ready to fight!!!

i like the idea of using the house-elves!!!

great chapter!!

can't wait for more!!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thanks!

Megra posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 10:26am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

I nearly had a heart attack when I got the e-mail notification!!
*leaves cookies*
I haven't finished yet, but I'm looking forward to.
Thank you!!!

~Megra

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You're welcome! No heart attacks, please, they're not good for you.

frostbyte posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 6:54am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

Wow... that joke had to come up eventually didn't it?
Dividing the DA into squads always seems to add a new dynamic, in my opinion. The house elf idea is definitely a good one.
There are still some little things from past chapters that haven't been resolved, and some big ones as well. I'm looking forward to where this is heading.
I've read througth your stories a few times, particularly the main series, and I must say, it gets better every time. Little comments in passing, little anecdotes and stories become potent foreshadowings. Now, every time someone in this says "I wish..." or "I wonder...", etc., I immediately start to think about when that possiblity will occur, and how much of an impact it'll have.

Honestly, extremely well written, and quite enjoyable. I've gone on far too long, probably because I've read these without ever reviewing before...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yep, sure did. And I've got all those little things in mind... at least I hope I do... thanks for all the nice compliments, and I hope to update again soon!

Poirot posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 3:30am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

Admit it, you just wanted to be able to write "Danger Will Robinson". Terrific chapter

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Of course I did, and thanks.

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 3:12am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

This entire series was just a vehicle for that joke in the first scene, wasn't it?

I like the idea for using the house elves. I think it's actually a huge advantage, because they'll be able to repeatedly outflank the Death Eaters if there's a battle at Hogwarts.

Great story- I'm looking forward (as always) to more!
Jay

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, the series actually stems from an old song on Sesame Street. The joke's just a bonus. And yes, the house-elves are probably going to save their bacon repeatedly.

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 12:54am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

I can't believe that you used that joke. It didn't even twig the first time I read it. I was reading it on my phone so the lines were broken up in a way that kind of disrupted the joke. I want to know how many years exactly you have waited?!

My only criticism would be that this seemed a bit like a filler chapter with not much happening.

I am intrigued by the way the history of magic lessons have developed. Are you going to use this as the way to explore the deathly hallows? Are the orb, sceptre and veil more allusions to the hallows? Does the prophecy at the end refer to the Phoenix's gift, from the story, at the end of the first line? So many questions you pose, and I beg you to answer them!

Thanks for writing.

Monkey

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Coming up on four and a half now, isn't it? :goes to check: Started the DV October 26, 2004, so yeah, a few weeks under four and a half years. And I'm just getting my dominoes lined up so I can push the first one over... Very, very good spotting on the "treasures"! No, the prophecy's about a different gift--remember, it's addressed specifically to Danger.

Life's a Dance posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 12:43am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

OMG!!! Lost in Space reference! I love that movie! Well worked in, you made it seem natural, and not just a brief spoof! Keep up the good work, and cheers!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hey, if I'm going to do it, I figure I might as well try to do it right. Thanks!

redjacobson posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 12:30am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

always happy to see an update, and I'll admit, I did groan when I got to the the Danger joke in the first section! But, I can understand the desire to include it.

I'm going to have to go back and re-read a few chapters so I can get some of the other characters straight in my head. I did like the Lavender conversation, you treated her like a real teenager, not the harpy that we see so often in other stories.

red

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thank you. I tend to think she has enough shame to bend to the inevitable... at least right now. What she does tomorrow might be another story.

Lesa posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 12:04am for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

Loved the joke, and everything, and I'm still reeling from the fact that it's a NEW CHAPTER! :D

Anne B. Walsh replied:

:helps you stand up straight again: There you go.

LoneWolfe posted a comment on Sunday 5th April 2009 11:25pm for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

Huzzah!!!!! A new chapter!!! I find it funny that I was four chapters from finishing my reread of the DV main when I saw there was an update. Perfect timing!

As always, brilliant chapter. I loved "The Gift of the Phoenix". I also really enjoyed Ron and Lavender's breakup scene. I thought it was very believable, and touching at the same time. And I liked hearing what the Longbottoms think of the DA and the war. I can't wait to see where this will all conclude! And yes, the joke was worth it.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Aww, thanks. Keep "Gift" in mind in future arcs... and I find people tend to write a lot of screaming into scenes that don't always need it.

tangentsferret posted a comment on Sunday 5th April 2009 10:30pm for Chapter 37: Stories and Straight Talk (Arc 6)

(massive groan, with accompanying headshake)
Oi, that's *AWFUL*!!!!!!!!
Yes, I haven't even gotten beyond the first section yet, and here I am reviewing already... having been stopped in my metaphorical tracks by that, that, reference? homage? terrible, terrible joke?
I suppose you just finally ran out of the will to resist, or something.
Gods, but I am fond of you, Ms Walsh. (In a distant, happy-reader, non-stalkery kind of way.)Please don't ever lose that over-the-top sense of humor.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, I'm not too scared. I've been thinking for quite a while how to work that one in. Will do my best to keep the humor coming!