Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

cliviussum posted a comment on Tuesday 30th August 2011 4:57am for The Waiting Game

Although I have no idea of 'The legend-breaker Universe' or what it means, I thoroughly enjoyed this little sojourn into such. With the information you provided, I was able to get a glimmer of the situation plus the idea that the legend-breakers stop fate/destiny/kismet whatever and the Reality corps try their best to get in their way or put things back to as they were had the RBs not intervened.
Apart from that thank you for another story an I will look forward to this one's completion.
Tibi grates ago fabellae novae, ave atque vale Clivius.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

That's what I'm writing this story to explain, since I'm so far the only one who really does know what that universe is all about. You're welcome, and hope you keep enjoying!

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 28th August 2011 1:19pm for The Waiting Game

This is a different beginning than I've seen before. I think Patches is Hermione. It is sad to think her world ended. I look forward to more of this story. Thanks for writing. pms

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ah, but it may not be all the way a disaster...

Zevi posted a comment on Friday 26th August 2011 7:53pm for The Waiting Game

Looks like Chapter 2 was posted just as I was reviewing (perfect timing :P), but here is my original text anyway.

Very good story, and I want to read how it ends. Since you've mentioned a 3-way crossover, I guess the cat protagonist is Hermione from DV. No idea if I was supposed to recognise the other two legendbreakers.

My only complaint is that "Reality Corps" sounds like a representation of people in fandom who put down stories for being "unrealistic" and "non-canon-compliant". That is fine for a work of fanfiction, but for a more professional book it might be better to make the "take that" less obvious by changing the name to something like "Reunification Cult" (still RC :P), a group trying to reunify divergent timelines. If I completely misunderstood the idea of the name, then never mind, and sorry about that.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

While I do see your point with "Reality Cops," Legendbreakers as a series is set in a universe which is made up of stories. I wasn't meaning to take aim at people in the fandom, but rather at people who say that fan fiction is worthless because it's not original. Also, I wanted a name with some punch to it, something that would give an immediate reaction to my readers.

worldwarrior posted a comment on Friday 26th August 2011 5:32pm for The Waiting Game

i love it!!!!!!!!!!! its amazing. it has some sad points to it but that keeps it real. im guessing the cat is aletha? i really enjoyed this and love it. plz more?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I'm so glad you like it! More right now!

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Thursday 25th August 2011 3:55pm for The Waiting Game

Well, the calico cat is easy enough to figure out for those of us in the know: I guess she's about to bump into her "twin"?

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that "Eve" might be short for "Evans", but I think I'm secure in recognising "Miss Suzie" as "Susan the Gentle" from one of your other stories!

I look forward to seeing where you take this, and even more to purchasing an actual Legendbreakers book ;-)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I had a different derivation for it but yours works too. Will try to make that book available as soon as possible! Its main characters have just spoken up to say they want to play in this 'verse too so you'll get to know them before the book comes out!

Bialystoker posted a comment on Thursday 25th August 2011 2:23pm for The Waiting Game

Yay,you're updating! I figured if you were writing about writing, on your blog, something had to be simmering. :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

That is generally how it works. Hmm, blog. Wonder what I should blog about today...

haylared posted a comment on Thursday 25th August 2011 11:35am for The Waiting Game

This is a great story. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thanks, it'll be out soon!

Raven Laehnart posted a comment on Thursday 25th August 2011 7:06am for The Waiting Game

I throughly enjoyed this story and I would love to read more. It could be more about "Patches" or more about Harry's life after her meddling, either would be great.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It's "Patches" that we're following... we'll just leave the Potters as "they all lived happily ever after," shall we?

Deborahsu posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 10:12pm for The Waiting Game

This looks like a good start to an intriguing storyline! I'm already hoping that it's more than 3-4 chapters ... please?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, since everybody's asking so nicely... *reaches for headset and engages voice-recognition software*

csktech posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 9:44pm for The Waiting Game

Like Berry much :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Aww, thanks.

Wolf470 posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 9:40pm for The Waiting Game

Yes please continue. I like what I've read of the story so far.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Always good to hear!

Waywren Truesong posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 9:00pm for The Waiting Game

Oooh, very nice. I'm very curious about the Legendbreakers now.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Further details in future chapters, as always.

EricMyerson posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 8:11pm for The Waiting Game

intriguing - certainly willing to guess who the cat is - Hermione? Looking forward to seeing the next installment.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You are correct!

Michael10 posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 6:30pm for The Waiting Game

More please. as always your work is good. if you don't want a full story then maybe a seven part one each chapter covering up to year 7 and beyond.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Anansii posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 5:59pm for The Waiting Game

Reminds me just a bit of something I've been toying with, only the Mary Sue Squad is rigidly forbidden from messing with major characters: their job is to rescue the Red Shirts and nameless unknown pitiful victims whenever practical without collapsing the story. This is not quite as easy as it sounds... :)

Gee, just how many calico kitties do I know who fit the description, snicker. Yes, I do believe I know who that is. Forward!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, I can well imagine how hard that would be. And I know they seem Mary-Sue at the moment but I'm trying very hard not to make them that, really I am... Eve and Suzie are going to be a little bit that way just because they have seniority, been doing this a long time, and they picked this job for Neenie's first time because it would give her a success to start with. Glad you liked!

callie posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 5:57pm for The Waiting Game

Wow love it... the perfect birthday present now all i need is my pottermore email and it will be the perfect birthday!!!

so patches is hermione that's easy... are susie and eve versions of lily and letha?

as always cant wait for more!!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, yes, and no. More information on that in future chapters.

Pyromaniac posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 5:28pm for The Waiting Game

I really enjoyed the story, and I definitely want to know more!

The idea behind the Legendbreakers is simply brilliant, but you'll need to do something to ensure that they're not all-powerful. Remember, a good story requires conflict, and if the conflicts are over before they happen, it's really boring. That said, I look forward to whatever else you come up with in this universe!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

A very good point, and I thank you for bringing it up, but don't worry. The Reality Cops are both intelligent and nasty, and the Legendbreakers can seldom use any particular gambit more than once. This scenario was hand-picked for Neenie's first time out on her own as most likely to give her a good result, start her off right. Her next time, and the ones after that, are likely to be much more exciting!

Dangams posted a comment on Wednesday 24th August 2011 4:47pm for The Waiting Game

Yes! I have great approval of this story, and I can't wait to hear more.
James's way of dealing with Voldemort was amazing. May his balls freeze solid (assuming he never sacrificed them in some dark ritual) and his fingers and toes fall off. Also, what happened to his wand after James grabbed it?
I've a few theories about the identity of the eponymous cat, but I think I shall wait to read more before making a firm guess.
Write swiftly! Can't wait for more!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

James has the wand around somewhere. It will probably end up in a museum, or snapped. Or both. More soon!