Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

RubinCompServ posted a comment on Friday 28th February 2020 1:31pm for Chapter 12: Another Angle

"...And if he doesn’t stop, say ‘Stop’ again?"

Ahh, Robin Williams, RIP :(

Drakon83 posted a comment on Monday 12th May 2014 2:22am for Chapter 12: Another Angle

so can anyone help me find the rest of these key snippets:

"…co can hel…"

"…go to lu…"

"…vil in…"

"…innee isn…"

"…oy, r…"

I know it happens near the end of this book, but I don't know where...

Strophe posted a comment on Friday 21st February 2014 4:19pm for Chapter 12: Another Angle

Oh, Sirius, you have no idea.

I love the repetitions of the wedding scene. I know every girl dreams of her wedding day, but Danger takes it a bit far! By the time she finally gets to throw it (*fingers crossed*), she's going to be able to tell everyone exactly what they should wear, where they should dance, and generally be as bridezilla-esque as she pleases. Which is exactly what she deserves - control in her life would probably be very welcome at this point.

I truly love that you show Dumbledore learning things and making realizations - so many people leave that out of fics. You don't have him as a wicked meddler, or as a bumbling fool - somehow, he is that revered wise man, and yet still human. It's wonderful. I really like that Danger gives him a taste of how he seems to others. I like, too, how he speaks much more formally when he's nervous. It's those little pieces that make the Dangerverse such a living world for me.

I did think the Rita Skeeter pieces could be nastier. I guess maybe she got worse as she grew older.

The Imaginatrix posted a comment on Saturday 8th February 2014 2:05pm for Chapter 12: Another Angle

Another poetic prophecy, which I also love. I almost expect it to be sung, but I know it's recited. Still very lyrical though.

Nope, Sirius, it won't be dull at all. :D

One tiny little thing. Since you're American, you wouldn't know this, but in Britain and Australia, what you call a "sandbox" is a "sand pit". Just a knitpicky little thing before I go on to the next chapter.

PrayingForMercy posted a comment on Sunday 2nd November 2008 6:26pm for Chapter 12: Another Angle

Outstanding. (: It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling, this chapter.

Rob-girl posted a comment on Sunday 27th July 2008 6:49pm for Chapter 12: Another Angle

I loved the end part of this chapter. It was great. I loved how you showed Sirius finally breaking down, and showed that he won't be able to just get through it without having an emotional breakdown, no matter how big. I really did like the part with Hermione in the morning though. I thought that was so funny how she thanked Sirius for changing her diaper. Anyways, great job!

CodeRomance posted a comment on Wednesday 16th January 2008 5:43pm for Chapter 12: Another Angle

AWW another great poem! you have a talent for those! great chapter too! loved it a million times over! lol

CodeRomance

Wistful-Stargazer posted a comment on Tuesday 20th November 2007 2:53am for Chapter 12: Another Angle

OK, here are my guesses as to the identities of the young adults in the wedding party dream sequence.

1. redhead boy (Ron Weasley)
2. redhead girl (Ginny Weasley)
3. black-haired young man (Harry Potter)
4. the girl with brown curls (Hermione Granger)
5. the youngest girl, who was dark-complexioned, (Sirius & Althea's kid)
6. pale blond boy (Draco Malfoy)
7. brownish blond girl (friend yet to be met)
8. brown-haired boy (friend yet to be met)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You're quite good. I'll hint that we know the two last ones from canon.

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 7:05pm for Chapter 12: Another Angle

More dreams, more Dumbledorian awesomeness, more cute cubs, more prophecies...this one's jam-packed!

Why do I feel that they should've gotten that front-page "SIRIUS BLACK ESCAPES FROM AZKABAN" article framed or something?

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 6:59am for Chapter 12: Another Angle

This is really good stuff.

gunny

seraph7221 posted a comment on Wednesday 12th April 2006 6:09am for Chapter 12: Another Angle

This bit of prophesy was harder to figure than the bit with Draco on Mama's back before she took Lucius with her, (the pearl was fairly obvious before as well).
I have just begun reading, a fetching tale thus far, I'd quite like to see the young'uns growing up. At any rate as I haven't read the whole thing don't come down on me to hard if this is already explained but why wouldn't everyone, during the first war with Voldemort, who had lost everything just try the curse of the righteous on him, there would even have been the possibility of doing it in large groups of the bereaved if power was an issue, and certainly it would have been righteous, the whole magical world could have come together as one and asked to take away his magic...just a thought.

Seraph

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, it hasn't been explained, but it will be (around the end of fourth year, but I see no reason you can't know now).   Voldemort, in the course of his life-expanding and dehumanizing activities, placed protections around his person and effects to keep them from being affected by long-range curses.   Some of his minions may not have been so smart...

Chris1 posted a comment on Sunday 26th March 2006 2:45am for Chapter 12: Another Angle

Another wonderful chapter. :)

Off to read more

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 11:39pm for Chapter 12: Another Angle

Ch.12 - - The interchange between Sirius and Neenie as they both woke was priceless - so Hermione-like given the age.

This was a very choice bit of writing:

"Danger rolled her eyes. Men! One-track minds!
Women! Everything hopelessly complicated!
Did we just delineate the battle of the sexes in eight words?
Yes, I believe we did."