Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Madelyn K posted a comment on Wednesday 19th November 2014 12:12am for Chapter 14: In Good Time (Year 1)

Hi! I'm reading this fic for the second time. I first read it about five years ago, and enjoyed it. It brought a lot of diversion and entertainment to a long and boring summer; it was exactly what I needed at the time. (I even left a review. It's not there anymore, so it must have been when this fic was housed on a different site, but it was on the chapter in Living with Danger where they visit Pittsburgh--I'm a native Pittsburgher, so that was very exciting for me.)

Rereading your fic this time through, I still enjoy it. It's still bringing me some fun and diversion at a time I really desperately need it. But this time through, I'm noting the kids' reactions to the idea of Lockhart and Quirrel at the end of the chapter. And I want to know: Is it because they're teachers, or because they're two men? I'm not going to berate you for one or the other, I promise, and I'm not going to stop reading. But I'd really like to know. I'm gay, and the thought that you had the kids being grossed out because Lockhart and Quirrel might be gay... Well, it hurts me. As the characters in your fic--in this chapter, in fact--so aptly point out, it hurts to be feared or ridiculed or ostracized for something that harms no one, and that you have no control over. So if that's not the case, it would be a relief to know. And if it is the case, well, as I said, I'm not going to stop reading. But it would be nice to know where I stand. Either way, it would give me a lot of peace of mind.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review. I hope you take a moment to respond, one way or another. Either way, I look forward to continuing my reread, and to catching up on the material I never got to the first time around.

james27 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th March 2009 11:46pm for Chapter 14: In Good Time (Year 1)

Ron’s face lit up. "D’you think he could get us tickets to see the Cannons?"

"I don’t think there’s any trouble getting tickets to see the Cannons," said Draco. "It’s usually more a question of, are you going to have to pay for them, or are they giving them away?"


I don't really know why but I found this part to be just as funny as I did the defeat a werewolf joke. Maybe I'm reading a bit too much fanfiction lately but I can pictture Ron's reaction to this as if I know him personally.

~James

CodeRomance posted a comment on Sunday 20th January 2008 1:52am for Chapter 14: In Good Time (Year 1)

what! ewww! that was a bit confusing! but ok

CodeRomance

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 5th August 2006 4:48pm for Chapter 14: In Good Time (Year 1)

Outstanding.

gunny

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Thursday 9th March 2006 6:28am for Chapter 14: In Good Time (Year 1)

I feel the excitement building as we get closer to stone saving time.

The dialogue is crisp and well done. I like it all so much.

karina82 posted a comment on Monday 27th February 2006 11:44am for Chapter 14: In Good Time (Year 1)

ewwww, i so had forgotten about this chapter and what the pack thought about.

Ike posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 11:02am for Chapter 14: In Good Time (Year 1)

The second I saw the words "Noodle Incident", I had a Calvin and Hobbes flashback. Heh, awesome reference, though you gotta remember that Calvin always refused to explain, or even talk about, the incident, so i dunno if Remus or whoever should be so willing to talk about it.