Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

LynnTerald posted a comment on Tuesday 11th June 2013 4:22am for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

Less, but also more evil than JKR. At least this time, he had someone to hold onto, to love outside his family. At least he also had the time to laugh and love as fiercely as he did, to dream of marriage and children and a life beyond the war with Crystal. But that also makes it all the more cruel because of the way that Crystal also loved him back. Percy won't ever be able to fill that hole in her life, but maybe they'll find a way to ease their pain and move beyond the war.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 16th May 2013 6:09am for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

Were you influenced by DH in this? Nearly every fanfic writer I've ever read has killed either both or neither of the twins, and I've read losing BOTH dozens of times, but very rarely just one.

Serious case of tissues and sniffles through this one. If you want longer reviews, you're going to have to wait because I have to see what happens next.

Erika Shulkusky posted a comment on Monday 22nd April 2013 1:59pm for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

Wow....well, we knew the deadline for Draco was coming, but this is an interesting twist.......so, like it or not, he has joined the ranks of the Deatheaters.......it will be interesting to see how this plays out, because if Draco can keep his mind intact and pretend to be "turned to the dark side," what a great double agent situation that would be! He would have to tread very, very carefully, obviously, as he would be suspect from both groups alike......but he could do some major damage at the end. I know you won't tell, but am wondering if this is what is in the works. Great story, can't wait for the next chapter!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

So it would! Fun thoughts to consider...

ariel_boomer posted a comment on Sunday 21st April 2013 9:47pm for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

I don't even know where to start. I cried way to much for George and for Draco. I am holding onto hope that somehow Draco will live through this and the vision was in fact him with an aging potion and it was his father buried not him. Nice touch with him getting the dark mark so they could find him. I am hope that maybe some Hogwarts magic will remove it. That and I hope that Percy and Crystal will get together eventually - obviously not for a long time. That all being said - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep updating! I love your version of Harry Potter and want to find out what happens. Thank you for writing and thank you for continuing to write :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Interesting view of the vision. Things to think about. Percy would like that too, but his scruples may get in the way...

callie posted a comment on Sunday 21st April 2013 7:34am for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

Amanda dead? What the who? How did that happen! Though I guess that's the question isn't it? And poor Draco I hope he gets home ok and soon but I know I have no say in that matter... And as to whether this was less evil than jkr in splitting the twins I hope you realise that if/when you kill off Draco that will be more evil than she ever was with the way we know Draco in this story! This review may sound impatient but I just want to know what's going to happen next! Also my laptop just broke and it has all my uni work on it :( night!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Boo for broken laptop. As for Draco... wait and see, darling, wait and see.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Saturday 20th April 2013 2:17pm for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten the Pride into!

But really, a truly fine chapter, with a hell of an ending. Can't exactly call it a cliff-hanger: Draco is in no _immediate_ peril. But you've left us wondering how the hell he's going to get out of this one. And still no proper explanation of Luna's prophecy. Draco isn't dead, merely... discommoded. I suppose the Dark Mark might make him metaphorically dead, but that still leaves the bit about "I never really loved him."

Lots of very bad stuff, as you warned us last chapter. George, Amanda, and how many others? dead, Draco kidnapped and Marked (against his will, I assume).

But if Draco thinks that Mark on his arm will keep his Pack and Pride from loving him, he mis-estimates them n a way I wouldn't expect from somebody who has been raised by Moony, Padfoot, Danger, and Truth, who has accepted Wolf as his pack leader and Starwing as the mother of his child(ren).

One thing for sure, this'll make sure I come back to read the next chapter!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

This is true, Draco is not dead. And he knows very well that the Pack and Pride will not stop loving him. The Mark just (just) means they cannot rescue him, not without putting themselves in harm's way, and that he wants least of all.

tangentsferret posted a comment on Friday 19th April 2013 9:35pm for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

Did you actually just kill *both* of them? Or is Fred just unconscious? Because from the Author Note, I gotta say it sounds like both of the twins died, and to me the scene can be read both ways. And when Percy decides to break the rules, he doesn't go small, does he? Wait, didn't Fox fix it so that only Neenie could pick up his pendants? What? And on a totally unrelated note: amusingly, I find when I am reading your... more formally published works, I miss the Author Notes, and the chance to review chapter by chapter. This format gives me a feeling (totally spurious, of course) of being involved in the process, somehow. Do you miss us when you're writing to be sent out all in a lump? Or is it a relief not to have people (such as myself) fussing on at you about what comes next and clearly totally missing the point of something you have very carefully written and plotted out? Not to mention asking you absolutely non-germane questions?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Fred's just knocked out at the moment. Backlash. But still, things are Not Good for him. Yes, Fox did fix his pendants that way. He dropped them through Amanda's body so they wouldn't be seen. It's a very different feeling to be writing all in a lump. Gives me a chance to make sure everything makes sense, but also does deprive me of some of my running feedback... and non-germane questions are fun!

karm23 posted a comment on Friday 19th April 2013 4:27pm for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

*Takes a deep breath*

This was a lot happening at once.

Didn't see the Amanda thing coming. I hope we can see the memories of what happened with that soon. I wonder, can Draco still share his dreams with Neenie? It might be a small comfort to know that.

And Fred... poor Fred, what will happen to him now?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He can, to some extent. But there's going to be a problem with that.

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Friday 19th April 2013 4:17pm for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

Amanda is…dead? Well, that's going to mess some stuff up a bit…

Anne B. Walsh replied:

She did it on purpose, though.

Nenya posted a comment on Friday 19th April 2013 4:14pm for Chapter 25: No Greater Love (Year 6)

*Sobs*

Although perhaps all is not lost. I wonder what Draco's plan with Luna is?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Remember that potion they're brewing in Myrtle's bathroom?