Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Sunday 31st May 2015 5:32pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

Oh that's so sad! I love the mirror twin image, even if I don't agree with the metaphor completely as there's hope in a beginning without an ending too.

Elenna123 posted a comment on Sunday 22nd September 2013 5:34pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

Just so you know, I have officially decided that you are indeed being more evil than JKR.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 11th June 2013 6:54am for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

I liked the scene between Neville and Alice. Feels like she's been out of this for a LONG time.

I must admit, you had me starting to reach for the tissues at Draco's letter to Seamus. Sniff.

The sniffs turned into whimpers when I read the line about mirror twins. That was beautiful. SNIFF.

Erika Shulkusky posted a comment on Tuesday 4th June 2013 3:24pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

OMG.......well this is a fine kettle of fish! Interesting concept about F & G being "mirror twins" but how sad that one cannot live without the other. Next chapter please!! (LOL, I know that you have lots of stuff going on, but we are literally hanging in midair!)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Next chapter now. And one of the twins could have lived without the other... just not the way that it happened.

Dangams posted a comment on Sunday 2nd June 2013 2:06pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

Dumbledore is plotting again, it seems. I am curious to see what happens.

Also, nooo, Fred. :(

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Sadly, yes. But it will be a truly awesome send-off... remember, when in doubt...

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Saturday 1st June 2013 8:13pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

Chapter ending: Oh shit! But it makes sense. More sense than what Rowling did with the twins.

But there's so much other good stuff in this chapter, including the clue that Draco will soon be returned to himself and to the Pack & Pride -- mentally even if not physically. Thank you for an excellent chapter.

The bit with Severus and Sirius: I'm still digesting that, trying to figure out whether it could have been told better. It seems a little elliptical. I'm guessing that's what you intended.

Anyway, thank you again.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Eh, Rowling's way makes sense too, as I paid tribute to in this chappie. George was always the more balanced of the two, so it makes sense he could go on alone. Fred was the go-getter, who needed George to bring him back to his center... but now he doesn't have that. As for the scene with Snape and Sirius, yeah, I was a tiny bit rushed through there... sorry!

triciaelbl posted a comment on Saturday 1st June 2013 5:03pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

Wow. So sad about Fred. How awful. Can't wait to see how it turns out with Fox and his mindwipe.

Great work!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It is sad, but at the same time, they'll be together again. And our Fox is stronger than that... sneakier too...

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Saturday 1st June 2013 6:24am for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

When one considers the amount of sheer havoc that Fred is likely to be capable…the best thing those Death Eaters could possibly hope for is that they die before he gets to them.

I can almost look forward to reading about that: we're lucky to have an author of your quality in charge of documenting the carnage ;-)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, it is going to be awesome. Liberal use of the word "BOOM".

jua-chan posted a comment on Saturday 1st June 2013 4:46am for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

Noooooo! Not Fred too! That was so sad. And it makes such terrible sence. And I don't even know what else to say.

Good chapter with lots of foreboading. Poor Fred. Poor George. Hope there really is a way to get Draco back.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hints about Draco in Chapter 30... go have a look!

carolebear posted a comment on Friday 31st May 2013 11:58pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

So now, you have officially become the Evil Author you keep claiming to be. *sniff* It's not enough pain in their lives to lose George? Now we will not only lose Fred, but Dumbledore, too? And how can the Pack get Draco back, when all his memories have been so twisted by Malfoy's spell?

I can't say that I understand what Snape was telling the Bloody Baron. I get that he was keeping him from causing mental mayhem with one of the students (who?), but how did he get that authority? Was the Baron the same person he was in canon?

I'm sure I will have more questions, but ow I know that I can review again if I need to.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, there's a secret about Draco. It's hinted at in chapter 30, and we'll learn more as the story goes on! It was the Smythe family Snape was stopping the Bloody Baron from harassing, and he has that authority because he is the living Head of Slytherin House. The Baron may have been somebody important in his lifetime (and was, at least in DV), but now that he's dead, he's just another ghost.

callie posted a comment on Friday 31st May 2013 10:08pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

No not Fred too!!!!!!!!!!

loved the bit about draco's broom

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, sorry. Going to be awesome if that's any consolation...

kendiara posted a comment on Friday 31st May 2013 8:17pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

God didn't need that last bit, but it makes to much sense...

I kinda love and hate you all at the same time..

Anne B. Walsh replied:

*takes bow, ducks*

ccarter posted a comment on Friday 31st May 2013 4:40pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

Wow, great chapter, as usual. Never thought of the twins as completely connected as such. I hope the interaction with Snape and the Baron means they are that much closer to realizing he is Salazar Slytherin?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, Snape knows it already. And the twins, even in canon, never struck me as quite so identical as everybody seemed to think. Not in personality, anyway.

MLM97 posted a comment on Friday 31st May 2013 3:33pm for Chapter 29: The Gryffindor May Day Fete (Arc 7)

Feels like a transitional chapter, but a good one. Nice call-back to Draco and Seamus in DwD, and an interesting development of the 'mirror twin' approach. (I remember seeing it in SarahTheBardess's stories, and it was thanks to her that I found your work.) And I thought there was something beginning between Percy and Crystal.

Two stray thoughts: Looking back over the the dialog from Luna's vision in FD Chapter 3, it makes just as much sense--if not more so--if there's been a switch between who's buried in the grave and who's approaching Luna, a la the Crouch family (both in canon and in FD). And I just realized last night that there are two possible ways to read "And lion's line contine must/ere elder serpent's falls to dust," and while everyone in-story and in real life has been reading it one way, you've seeded just enough possibilities for the other to be true . . .

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Geez, SarahtheBardess. Now there's a piece of history. (And one of my own personal secrets never told... more or less.) Nicely spotted on your stray thoughts -- hold onto them, they might well be important!