Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 14th May 2013 8:52am for Chapter 2: Doubts, Dreams, and Destruction (Year 6)

I don't think I can begrudge you your gap when I look at my feedback gap!

Lovely to be reading this again. The Amanda stuff still has me muddled but I loved the Red Shepherds use of semtex.

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2012 3:00am for Chapter 2: Doubts, Dreams, and Destruction (Year 6)

Welcome back! As usual, you come back with a bang (sorry...). Loved the conversation between Letha and Harry, the Draco/Amanda/Luna scene (the mystery deepens), but especially loved the Red Shepherds. Percy discovering his inner Weasley, Cristal teaching the Twins about Muggle explosives - it's all good! Glad to hear your original work is going well, but even gladder to learn that SD will be updated more frequently.

Already waiting for the next chapter...

Anna

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hey, I made the joke first, you're allowed to make it back. I've been having so much fun thinking about the Red Shepherds... next on their list of fun Muggle inventions? Duct tape.

mlraven posted a comment on Monday 7th May 2012 4:20pm for Chapter 2: Doubts, Dreams, and Destruction (Year 6)

I first learned of the Dangerverse through Poufwa, many years ago. I read the first two and a half then, but became occupied with other work and never finished them.

I'm finally current; I completed this, the most recent chapter, about a week after I began reading.

I love these stories. I've never become so incredibly involved in a fanfiction before. Towards the end of FD, when all the /bad things/ were happening, I realized just how much it was tearing me apart to think of what was happening to these good, albeit fictional, characters.

Having read all four stories in a very short period of time has let me notice some details that perhaps I would not have if I had taken longer to read. I came to the same conclusions about Amanda and Alex as Bialystoker. I am a bit confused by the fact that the revenant "woke up" after she was already in Amanda's body. Amanda didn't seem aware of who she was before they disturbed the revenant's body, so I assume that was the direct result. Considering that they only found one tomb, though, her brother (and her lover) must be burried elsewhere. I don't know how relevant that is, but I wonder when we'll find that out.

Another hint I've picked up on is the fact that Sisseh meant Lily, and Siss always treated Harry like her child. Did some part of Lily's soul attach onto Siss, or to Siss's dam? And are we ever going to find that out, perhaps when Draco's up with all the ghosts? I assume the reason we didn't see a ghost/memory of Siss when Harry saw his parents and Marcus is because she's part of Lily, and therefore went back into Lily when Siss died?

Will the pureblood sword that Dumbledore wanted Sirius to remake/resummon ever feature again? Sirius doesn't have a male heir/the prospect of a male heir anymore, so he's not suitable, but maybe someone else could be. I thought of Brian, who's pureblooded (3 generations), but he's sterile, and it has to be someone with an heir.

I find it a little suspect that Dudley never listened to Harry's end of the conversations with Draco. Harry always spoke outloud in response to Draco's mind-to-mind contact, and I wondered whether something Harry let slip would ever get used against him, but now that Dudley's (thankfully) dead, we don't need to worry about that.

In the original prophecy that mentioned the raven joining pheonix, cat, and dragon, it mentioned (and the characters have since forgotten) that Snape had to overcome darkness to be their friend. Was the darkness long ago (when he ratted them out), or was it more recent, when he admitted that hating Sirius had never comforted him? Or has it not yet happened?

I'm also curious about the secret entrance to the Den from the Quidditch Pitch. Alex blanched when Harry asked him about it, and its origins and intentions never got resolved. Did Salazar make it to sneak in and kill the other Founders, or did it have to do with Alex and his children? And is Slytherin's primary gift (I agree with Bialystoker that Parseltongue seems much more minor than all the rest of the primary gifts) going to come out soon, perhaps in conjection with Amanda/Draco/Alex/Luna?

Speaking of Luna, has the Pride actually taken measures so that when she changes sides, their secrets (the Sanctuary, the Den, etc) will stay hidden?

I'm sorry this review got so out of hand, I was just so excited to finally get current and relate all my unanswered queries. I hope you write more soon; I look forward to every update.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Review is not out of hand. Review is awesome. Now, in backwards order: No, the Pride hasn't taken measures yet, but they will be soon. Yes, the Slytherin primary gift will be revealed as part of Amanda's story arc, and Alex's bad memories of the Quidditch pitch entrance are connected with his dad. Snape's overcoming of darkness was a while back. The Sword of Decision is actually just about to come back up! Good catch on Siss/Lily... you might notice Lily was wearing an interesting piece of jewelry when Harry sees her... and I'm sorry you were torn, but I'm afraid I take it as a compliment to me and my writing! Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

Bialystoker posted a comment on Thursday 3rd May 2012 9:08pm for Chapter 2: Doubts, Dreams, and Destruction (Year 6)

Just re-posting this comment from last year, since I would still love to know if I got anywhere near the mark with my guessing:

I’ve been rereading the DV in lieu of updates while procrastinating on my NaNoWriMo, and I’ve come up with the following theory about Amanda: Amanda and Matt have the souls of Alex’s children. Ezra Smythe gets taken over by Alex occasionally. Matt died young in his first life, which is why Alex’s line died out. This is a redo for Amanda because she’s a revenant. She’s intending for Draco to stand in for her love so she can choose that he dies and not her brother. Rather ruthless, but she doesn’t seem to have a lot of consideration for other people’s lives. I guess that would be the Slytherin coming out. I’m also thinking that Parseltongue is Slytherin’s secondary gift. Because alongside gifts like handling fire, healing, and controlling plants, talking to snakes is a bit wimpy, no? I’d have turned Dark too if that was all I got. Is there a Beauvoi — Malfoy connection, or am I just connecting things from Be Careful that aren’t supposed to be connected? Also, I’m thinking that Luna and Neville’s blood connection (Butterbeer cap, second year) should come into play, or else you wouldn’t have included it. Luna doesn’t do things without reason, right? Those are all my guesses so far. Am I getting warm?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You're very, very close! Off on one point about Amanda, but right on just about everything else. There definitely is a Beauvoi-Malfoy connection -- someone's going to discover it fairly soon -- and would it surprise anyone to know that the original Malfoy, the Muggleborn wizard who poisoned his pureblood cousin in order to inherit from him, had the Christian name Lucius?

Bialystoker posted a comment on Thursday 3rd May 2012 9:07pm for Chapter 2: Doubts, Dreams, and Destruction (Year 6)

YES! It's back! There are not exclamation marks enough in the WORLD for me to amply convey my excitement and enthusiasm!!!

callie posted a comment on Thursday 3rd May 2012 12:30am for Chapter 2: Doubts, Dreams, and Destruction (Year 6)

very very interesting... i like what the red shepherds did... and the bit with amanda luna and draco... as always i can't wait for more!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Crazy, aren't they?

jua-chan posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd May 2012 8:14am for Chapter 2: Doubts, Dreams, and Destruction (Year 6)

NOOOOOOO!!!

Such a long wait and now it finally updates and i am not allowed read fanfiction till my exams are over (My other half is glaring at me even now). Just wanted to let you know that I am looking sooo forward to reading this and that I'm really happy that there is a new chapter. Will leave proper comentary in about 2 weeks when my ban is lifted (damn exams).

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, exams have the annoying factor times ten. Will be looking forward to your comments!