Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Face Toward the Dawn posted a comment on Friday 11th October 2013 3:59pm for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

The Draco parts - they're good, but they hurt to read.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

They hurt some to write, so we're even. (And yes, mazor are partly solar-powered. Glad that amuses! :-) )

nancypunkin posted a comment on Friday 11th October 2013 1:17pm for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

Thanks for posting, Anne! This chapter is great, I love the dynamic between Draco and Fox. I must say though I don't understand Luna's remarks about Neville at the beginning. I'll have to go back and look at what he might have said.

Keep up the amazing work! I can't wait to read more!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Neville just happened to look at the magic that holds the Pride together, and he saw the bond that leads to Draco wasn't broken, the way it would have been if Draco's mind were destroyed or if he were dead. It just trailed off into hiding...

buffarama posted a comment on Thursday 10th October 2013 4:05pm for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dumbledore knows. dumbledore always knows

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He sees Fox behind Draco's eyes.

ErinA posted a comment on Thursday 10th October 2013 2:11pm for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

I was so happy to see another update so quickly! It always makes my day a little brighter, even when Bad Things are happening in the story. I started reading the Dangerverse longer ago than I would admit to anyone who knows me in RL (even though I almost never comment), and I'm so glad it's been continued with such high quality. And very glad that possibly the seen with Draco and Dumbledore might go differently than it did in canon! Although you've done some pretty evil things, so we'll see. I will be eagerly awaiting the next chapters!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Differently, yes. Not sure if it's better.

Scott M posted a comment on Thursday 10th October 2013 11:56am for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

Argh. This is the problem with actually being caught up on a story; now I have to deal with the suspense! Very well-written, and I really want to know what happens next. Is Draco Malfoy really a construction of spells, or will he get to live as his four-year-old self somehow if Draco Black does win out? Or, will Fox not manage so much as he thinks he can at the moment? Guess I'll just have to wait!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Mwahaha. And no, Draco's got some reality to him... but only some.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Thursday 10th October 2013 9:38am for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

Oh, so very fine! Possibly the best chapter yet. But what I wrote about the previous chapter still stands: The suspense is killing me! Maybe that is how Draco will kill Albus...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Here's hoping I don't kill you, or my other readers!

triciaelbl posted a comment on Thursday 10th October 2013 7:11am for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

Bravo! Loved the interplay between fox and Draco and all the family business!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

More family stuff coming right up!

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Thursday 10th October 2013 3:44am for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

This is a tough one to review, because I'm so intrigued and worried at the same time. Go, Fox! And, Anne, please update immediately!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Immediate enough?

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Thursday 10th October 2013 1:35am for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

So I'm guessing we're going to see another case of "assisted suicide" but with your usual wonderful twists and curlicues—not the least of those being that Albus has actually told somebody what he intends, so that everybody who matters is reading from the same script!

I know how long you've been planning this: good luck, we're all counting on you ;-)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Eh. Sort of. You'll see.

Leleni posted a comment on Wednesday 9th October 2013 10:03pm for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

WHY DID YOU STOP THERE!!!

Sorry, that was literally the first thought on my mind just now. I think the first word was 'AARGH!'

I like what you've done with recruiting the Slytherins. You always have done a lovely job with showing them as actual kids, not all miniature evildoers. The idea of not wanting to be responsible for the deaths of babies makes perfect sense as a motivation to get someone off of a fence.

Did someone on the Hogwarts grounds know about the passage mentioned? I assume so since Harry and Hermionie were waiting, but I don't recall that one being mentioned in the story before...

All I will say on the Draco-Fox dynamic is that I like how you have written them interacting with each other. It is all very interesting, and I really want to know what the next sentence is. (Though knowing you the first sentence of the next chapter will not be in this conversation.

Still love you and your work!

Lel

Anne B. Walsh replied:

For precisely the reason to make everybody go ARGH! Mwahaha.

MLM97 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th October 2013 8:53pm for Chapter 37: Greetings and Farewells (Arc 7)

Very nice buildup. I'm looking forward to all the shattering revelations and reversals of the next two chapters. Although I'm still convinced that neither Albus nor Draco can die here, based on that very first dream of Danger's we saw . . .

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Breathe deeply and prepare to be startled.