Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Nenya posted a comment on Saturday 28th December 2013 12:37pm for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

Oooohhh. I really lile this chapter. There's a lot in it that I missed on the first read through. Could the liquid in the rings simply be blood? Who the heck was Peter talking to when he was pretending to talk to himself? And I really love the way you write Lucius in these later chapters; his sudden interest in family history is particularly intriguing...

oddlyalli posted a comment on Tuesday 5th November 2013 1:59pm for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

Based on my reaction to this chapter, I think it's official that I'm not going to believe Draco and Luna are dead until the story is over. (Convenient how the Pack twins concocted werewolf musk not too long ago.)

I'm not sure how even Draco would get around a fresh Fidelius (without, y'know, turning into a mongoose and hitchhiking with helpful characters from other stories), so I look forward to your explaining the kidnapping.

And yes, Halloween on Halloween would be lovely! ~encouragement~encouragement~prompting~

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You believe whatever you want, honey. :-) Encouragement received!

Lodjur posted a comment on Saturday 2nd November 2013 6:40pm for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

I'm really happy with the quick updates, especially that the events are nothing but happy. And another cliffhanger, too. Poor Bernie, even if she's still got Cissus. I must say, the afterlife scenes with people we knew when they were alive creep me out to no end... I really liked the moments that show how life goes on, even when the unthinkable happens.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Sorry for the creepiness. More life-going-on, coming up.

jua-chan posted a comment on Friday 1st November 2013 7:19am for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

Oh no. Poor Echo. I though Malfoy regarded house elves as below his notice. I wonder how he got around the Fidelius? Most likely with Starwing's help.

Good chapter, it didn't even occur to me that Luna would not end up in the Founders castle if the potion had worked correctly. I am glad Draco intervened (according to Harry anyway).

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He usually does, but he needed a servant.

tocom81 posted a comment on Friday 1st November 2013 7:15am for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

No, no, no, this will not do! This is NOT what I had in mind, when I said I wanted to see Draco and Luna married! BUT, I also find Lucius' behaviour strange, very strange. AND after years and years of following your writing and being surprised again and again, I will now follow your last advice, breathe, and wait patiently for whatever you are going to give us next chapter.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Wise. Very wise.

Anansii posted a comment on Friday 1st November 2013 2:03am for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

Terrible of me I suppose, but after we saw Draco and Luna, the first thing that came to mind was Nanki-Poo ("I'm a dead man, and I'm off on my honeymoon!") in The Mikado. And I suspect we still don't have the full story, but after all it's not over yet.

Meanwhile, I do hope something really appropriate happens to Lucius. Do arrange that, will you? :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Not terrible of you. Hilarious. And as for Lucius... ah, yes, the fate of Lucius Malfoy. He dies a frightful death, in hideous pain, at the hands of one he thought he had conquered, and has enough time to hear precisely how this death will help to destroy his Master and everything he cares most about, which sends his spirit shrieking off to whatever hellish afterlife awaits it. That do?

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Friday 1st November 2013 1:20am for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

I am torn between excitement and worry. Also slightly suspicious…

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Mwahaha.

cyrus posted a comment on Friday 1st November 2013 12:07am for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

"The past is the past. We must learn from it, not dwell in it." What a significant thing to say to Peter, of all people. And how very non-Lucius-y Lucius is acting at the moment. I won't venture to guess why, but something strange is certainly afoot...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He stared into a pair of eyes that looked just like his, that hated him and wanted him to die. That does things to you...

karm23 posted a comment on Thursday 31st October 2013 7:06pm for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

Something here is definitely not what it seems, but I guess time will tell us what is to come. I'm sure Dobby will want to personally wring Malfoy's neck for what he did. Poor Echo! I liked the vision of Luna and Draco being married, and by Dumbledore no less. Peter's reaction show how much he has grown with Evanie's help, though I will say again, something here is not what it seems. Great chapter!

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

Anne B. Walsh replied:

But isn't something ALWAYS not what it seems, with me?

Nenya posted a comment on Thursday 31st October 2013 5:57pm for Chapter 43: Doing Well (Year 7)

Her personal suspicion about Luna's fate revolved around the timeline of the last thirty-six hours, on what had happened to whom, by whose hand, and when. If she was right, Lucius Malfoy's seeming victory over his son's beloved was as empty as his triumph over Draco himself, and his own spite had been his undoing.

Interesting to see Danger has her own idea of events...

"But Halloween—"

"Is long established as a time when the veil thins, meaning we can stretch the rules a bit that night. Or bend them, as Aletha's done. Though you'll have to ask her about that, not me,"

Eep! Clues! *Dives back into DV to comb through every Hallowe'en scene, particularly those featuring Aletha*

Across from him sat a younger man with hair of a soft, sandy brown, waving gently about a strong-featured face highlighted by brilliant cobalt blue eyes...

Aha! So he's Reynard. Or Fox in this verse, I guess. Because of course the Pack and Pride will never see DRACO BLACK again. I think those rings must be going to come into play some time soon...I did also wonder about Luna's blood bond with Neville? It seems unlike you to leave something like that unexplored; I wondered if it might be instrumental in saving the day further down the line, if not actually bringing her back.

Harry pulled her close. "One more thing you might not have noticed," he murmured into her ear. "I didn't, not my first three times looking at it. Their hands."

"What about—" Ginny looked down at her own hand, where a slender band of gold held pride of place, and another sob of pure gladness shook her. "Oh, Harry! But I thought, after they'd died…"

"It's the Founders' Castle. The rules are probably different. And Danger said that was what she put in her permission letter, so he's even officially allowed." Harry stroked his finger once across her wedding ring. "Bet you Professor Dumbledore did the ceremony himself. Just like he did ours."

"On the Astronomy Tower, at dawn," Ginny murmured.

Er, yep. Tissues ahoy.

his manor was built by the family of Beauvoi only a few years after the time when your honored ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, decided that the land and castle which he had inherited from his mother in Scotland would be an excellent place for himself and his friends to found their school of magic.

Oooohhhh. The castle belonged to Slytherin? Interesting! So presumably Alex is going to be vastly important in the battle - him and/or whoever his heir turns out to be (*whispers* might it be Harry?)

"Might they not hold some ancient secrets which will help you with your quest today? Spells, potions, talismans which were well known to those of old, but which we of latter days forget? I cannot guarantee it, but I suspect it strongly. And if you will allow me to labor among these books until my magic returns, to catalog them and set aside any which may be of use, I can find out."

Hmmm. My suspicions rise once more. The *real* Lucius would surely be too arrogant to place much faith in the knowledge of years gone by.

"Perhaps, an assistant. One whose mind is unimpaired." Lucius glanced back at Starwing, her eyes bent on her work, giving no indication that she heard the two voices, or that she was aware of the wizards' presence at all. "Some of the tasks involved in setting the library to rights will require human judgment, and I cannot do it all myself—or I could, but it would take far longer than my magic will require to regrow. And I had just the man in mind, if I may have him." He looked up, into his Master's red eyes. "Wormtail."

That does it, I refuse to believe the real Lucius would ask for Wormtail to help him! Plus he's being far too NICE for Lucius, and also this: "And one disbelieves a house-elf at one's peril." Lucius is a cocky so-and-so; I don't believe he'd show even a modicum of respect for house-elves. It may not be as straightforward as Lucius-is-Draco, but I'm pretty sure Fox is pulling some strings somewhere. And could even Lucius find a way around a Fidelius charm? Really?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Danger is a mother. They always know things. Yes, Luna's blood bond with Neville will come in, though in a small way. Sadly, no, Harry is not Alex's Heir... I confirmed in one of my blog posts that the Heir is actually female. :-) And yes, Lucius as he normally is would be too arrogant... but Lucius after a near-death experience is probably going to be a tad bit different, no?