Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Contrition posted a comment on Friday 30th June 2017 12:23am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Aha! Finally got there. I knew you would do SOMETHING, but I had no idea what. Well done! So many different threads are coming together now.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd June 2015 7:29pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

OMG OMG OMG I (DIDN'T) KNOW IT! That was so perfectly set up that I may have to go re-read all the last 15 chapters. I've always wondered why the hell Lucius would sing to Luna, I mean it's so unlike him, and now it makes such perfect sense. LOVE THIS TWIST! Also adored the line you twisted around about fair in love and war.

altissimus posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2015 5:29pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

I must admit, I didn't know what to believe. Although I mostly believed Draco was alive, somehow posing as Lucius, various things (especially seeing Draco and Luna at the Founder's Hogwarts) made me think that maybe he was dead after all, but Lucius somehow had little Draco in his head, or something else compelling him to act the way he did. I really thought that maybe Draco and Lucius had swapped bodies, which would have been just awful - he would be a werewolf, and old! But you came through, and it all turned out for good, mostly.

It seems a bit strange to me that the cubs are sitting around swapping stories while Danger is laying there dying!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, they're a bit shaken by some very good and very bad things layering thick and fast on top of each other. Their behavior isn't going to be entirely rational because they're not entirely rational at the moment! Who would be?

Waywren Truesong posted a comment on Monday 27th October 2014 1:06pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

mwahahaha, I did know it. Mostly because you're a tricksy wench and I've read some of your other stories, and at the point where you most despair is when you should most doubt your perceptions. XD

...besides, Draco's such a fantastic actor.

oddlyalli posted a comment on Tuesday 29th July 2014 11:33pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Well, I did know it, but you're writing all of this with beautiful, blissful details that I didn't bother predicting to myself before you could write them.

I admit I didn't expect Remus to die before the end, but I look forward to seeing however you deal with Danger (no reference intended) in this, the main story.

Currently, I'm just hoping that life allows me to keep up with these last chapters as they happen, instead of playing catch-up after the end of what is probably my favorite book series.

Keep it up, Anne; you rock.

GreyHeathen posted a comment on Sunday 27th July 2014 10:00pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

OMG! I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING! I was hoping it would come out this way, but, OMG OMG OMG! Amazing!

LoneWolfe posted a comment on Sunday 27th July 2014 7:08pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

SQUEEEEEEEE! ...That's all I've got right now.

Stephenie posted a comment on Sunday 27th July 2014 3:50am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

this is just absolutely amazing. This review is after I read the latest chapter (ie this one) then decided I had to reread the entire Dangerverse. I salute you in you ability to tie storyline and plot together, as I noticed on the reread (on of many) whilst knowing what will happen and is happening that you have forshadowed so many of the complex cliff hangers that us readers have been biting our fingernails off about.

There is a chapter in DWD that Draco dreams the scene when Moony is welcomed to Malfoy Manor.

(we should have known this from A Secret Never Told, especially with the apprearence of Annette Weasley that it was Fox masquerading as Lucius Malfoy.)

Thankyou for a fantabulous chapter.

wishing hard for chapter 58.

Stephenie

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Thursday 24th July 2014 3:50pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

And there was much rejoicing (whilst also still devastated re: Moony and Danger). Can I say I hoped (so very very much) that something like this had happened to Malfoy Senior?!

I have to apologise for a lack of reviews for recent chapters. Rest assured this is nothing to do with the story (I am always overjoyed to get my notifications of your updates) but entirely to do with the fact that lately I have been reading your chapters on my phone or tablet whilst feeding a baby (occasionally at weird hours of the night)!

Can't wait for the next update, everything just keeps on getting more and more exciting/scary/brilliant...

collide-a-scope posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 3:25pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Oh my goodness, Anne. There were some bits I had clocked (I'm giving myself a large amount of brownie points for insisting that Draco/Reynard was "Lucius", even if lots of others did too!) and other bits I hadn't (like Amanda's role in all of this), but all of it is so, SO well-crafted. I just can't believe that you had all of this in mind so many years ago and you've had to hold it in until what Jack Sparrow would call "the opportune moment" - I would have been bursting to spoil! So yeah, really awesome chapter :-D

Leleni posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 11:17am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

OMG OMG OMG I KNEW IT!

Ok, now that's done, this was a lovely chapter. You are right, mostly flash backs, but also answers to many questions. I didn't really think that Draco and Daffyd were the same person, and so were Luna and Amanda, so that was quite a surprise. The fact that Lucius was Draco surprised probably nobody, if only because we held on to wishful thinking so desperately.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 11:10am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Hmmm... I just went back about 30 chapters looking for Danger's letter, but couldn't find it. I did find some indirect references -- Sirius saying somebody should put that in the box of permission, and somebody mentioning it as an indirect quote, but not the actual text.

For a while, I thought you had lost it, just made the story too complex to be believable. But by the time Luna finished explaining, it all really did make sense.

Kudos!

Scott M posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 10:49am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Huzzah! I did, in fact, know it, though I didn't know all the details of how it worked out. Nice to see! So the mysterious revenants in the Manor were actually Fox and Starwing in disguise? Interesting! I eagerly await seeing how things work out with Danger and Remus and Corona, but do take whatever time is necessary for that. Meghan's going to have something to do with it, judging by that little exchange with Harry...maybe her dagger would work in her stead, as someone saidon the Facebook group? Hmm...

Angelzbabe posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 10:26am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

I love how all the threads are tying together. Now just to figure out a way to save Danger! I have many theories - all of which will likely turn out to be wrong.

Also: OMG OMG OMG I KNEW IT!!!!

Anansii posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 2:47am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Again, I find myself thinking of Nanki-Poo, though at least all he had to worry about was dealing with Katishaw's reaction when she found out about the marriage. :) Yes, this is why I suddenly quit making guesses back when the vision first popped up - I was afraid I'd guess correctly, and this is one of the possibilities I had in mind. Interestingly enough, though, you still surprised me - I knew SOMETHING was up after the experience of Nott Jr. amongst others.

And whatever you do, don't think that this means you HAVE to let Remus stay gone. :) I'm rather fond of that nice Tolkienian word, "eucatastrophe"...

Nenya posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 1:58am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Ooh, I actually have another question - how did Bella recognise Fox?

Nenya posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 1:50am for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Whhhheeeee! :-D I did know it, or at least part of it; I knew that Lucius was Draco, and it was the Joseph quote that did it - 'that Joseph whom you thought was dead, your brother, is me.' I had kind of wondered about Luna as the heir, I knew about Moony (I wasn't expecting him to die, although no doubt you have something up your sleeve there)...didn't call the rings though, I don't think, or possibly just wondered about them in passing. The last few chapters have been your best yet, I think; you've followed through beautifully on all your foreshadowing and still managed to work in some surprising twists. I think my favourite touch was Luna and Neville's blood bond coming into play, and I really like the fact that it echoes them being step siblings in Be Careful. So now we're coming up on Meghan choosing whether 'her powers or her cause to lose', if I'm remembering correctly - and Snape will help her? Thank you for keeping going with this; I know it's been a struggle at times, but you must be so proud to see it all slotting together now! How may chapters do we have left, before we have to say goodbye (and haply damn birthday) to them all?

MoonlitLightning posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd July 2014 11:13pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeess!!!!! I knew it but I didn't know how they'd done it... I think I need to reread half the Amanda storyline, because I didn't get it at all the first time around, and then it got so important. Hmm. Now the question is... how are they going to save Moony?

triciaelbl posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd July 2014 10:57pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

I knew it! Great Scott, I love it! Can't wait to see how the rest of everything comes together!

kendiara posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd July 2014 10:29pm for Chapter 57: The Younger Heir of Slytherin (Year 7)

CALLED IT CALLED IT CALLED IT! That's not Lucius Malfoy has been my freaking mantra for a while now :) ***goes off to squee dance for a while***