Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd June 2015 8:30pm for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

I'm perfectly happy with so many living. You killed the twins, which is quite sad enough for me! Lovely chapter. Thank you again and again for sharing this world with us.

altissimus posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2015 5:30pm for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

Oh, and I kept thinking, ever since Harry took the blood bond with Remus, that he would one day accidentally turn someone into a werewolf. Never foresaw this, though.

altissimus posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2015 5:08pm for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

Your comment in the author's note about "bending the laws of chance" made me think. I have to say, one thing that I found a bit unbelievable, and not thoroughly enough explained, is the way that Lucius seemed to become Voldemort's favorite death eater after losing his magic, and that he doesn't use legilimency on him or question his motives when he is acting so strangely.

The reason I can't fault you for this, is because I too want the characters to live, and to have a happy ending. This is why I started reading Living with Danger in the first place back in 2007, shortly after DH came out. I wanted to read a story where Harry Potter would have a chance to grow up happy, to have parent-figures who loved him and who didn't die.

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, especially when everything seemed lost. And of course, all the prophecies and foreshadowing, some of which I was able to guess the meaning of, others not so much. All the planning and detail and hints that you snuck in throughout the stories. I've been reading non-stop from the beginning for the last couple of weeks, and I still didn't remember some of the prophecies and events from years ago that hinted at the end. Thank you Anne, for everything!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

My reasoning for why Voldie didn't question "Lucius" a little more is as follows: Voldie has only two gods other than himself. One is power and the other is success. Lucius brought him power, in the form of his research and in the form of Starwing who could very possibly be used as leverage against Pack or Pride, and he definitely brought him success as having (seemingly) killed one of Harry's inner circle and suborned another. To my way of thinking, Voldie would be willing to forgive a few quirks from someone who had that much to offer him.

Waywren Truesong posted a comment on Monday 27th October 2014 3:40pm for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

Oh, Colleen. You were the bravest of all. *cuddles Blaise*

It's a final battle. Of course there will be endings. All we can do is count the blessings we get in the meantime.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Sunday 14th September 2014 9:45am for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

Rabbit season!

Nenya posted a comment on Sunday 14th September 2014 3:39am for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

Worth the wait? Oh yes indeed :-) Very sad about Colleen...but I feel like Blaise is strong enough to go on. And I loved the blood of wolves changing the game; I didn't see that coming at all, and it was fantastic to read! I also want to congratulate you on your depiction of Fox. You write his post-Manor trauma so realistically; whatever happens in the final battle, our boy still has a long fight ahead. Well done for not shying away from the consequences of such a scarring experience.

Anansii posted a comment on Sunday 14th September 2014 2:18am for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

No complaints here - glad to get Fox and Danger and Mooney back, amusing myself with what Fred and George will likely be getting up to in the next world maybe with James, Peter, Fabien, Gideon and others. Sad to lose other people, but won't be sorry to see the back of Voldie at ALL. And finally, looking forward to rereading the entire Dangerverse series when we get to the end and looking for all the foreshadowing...

Tiger posted a comment on Saturday 13th September 2014 10:50pm for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

Whoa, this chapter is insane in a very good way. I'm still in shock, and now will even pay more attention during my re-read. So why was Colleen able to break through imperius, what was is in the command that allowed her to do that? Also Alex's g/f had the same bracelet as Colleen did, I wonder what the significance is. Also so sad you killed her, sniffle, but she did go out a hero. I guess harry did renounce his powers. Loved the sword duel. Now i'm just going to be sitting on the edge of my seat to figure out how you are going to finish it. I'm still too dense to figure out all the prophesies.

carolebear posted a comment on Saturday 13th September 2014 9:46pm for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

And we've finally lost Fred for good. He sure did go out in a blaze of glory, though; more than the wild fireworks I was kind of expecting. And he cost the Death Eaters dearly, taking out EIGHT of them and saving Sanctuary in the process. Now he and George are together again. Funny thought - what wpould happen if Fred and George decided to hang around Hogwarts? Who would win, them or Peeves?

And dear Colleen. She was truly a hero in her last moments; I'm glad Blaise has that to hang on to.

The familiar voice is Dumbledore? So where has he been hiding for all this time? And Harry is still the last Horcrux? Now we have to figure out how to get Voldie to kill it, or find another way. Two of the four terms of the bargain have now been met. We have another Heir to renounce his/her power and then Harry must placfe his fate in Ginny's hands. I look forward to seeing your vision for this.

buffarama posted a comment on Saturday 13th September 2014 7:25pm for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

Very nice showmanship. wonder what's been hidden now....

kendiara posted a comment on Saturday 13th September 2014 6:08pm for Chapter 63: The Last Enemy (Year 7)

Dammit! Nothing is ever easy is it? I love how well you planned all this crazy to match up.