Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Author Notes:

I apologize for the extra wait. Christmas was crazier than anticipated.

“And the verdict is…” Ron performed a creditable drumroll on the floor beside him.

Hermione tapped the “before” snapshot with her wand, then flipped it over. “We all got Draco and Luna,” she said, perusing the newly visible list of names. “They were dressed as Lucius and Narcissa.”

“Goes under ‘Don’t think too hard,’” said Harry. “The other me and Ginny were Voldemort and Bellatrix, right?”

“Right.” Hermione hummed a few notes of “God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen,” making Ginny giggle. “And I have no idea how they talked her into it, but they got my counterpart to be Nagini. I suppose it was that or being a man, but I could have told her that’s really not so bad once you get past the…” She stopped, suddenly aware that Harry and Ron were staring at her with identical expressions of please stop talking right now. “Moving on. Obviously, if she was Nagini, that makes the younger Barty Crouch her Ron, and her brother Ray was Fenrir Grayback.”

“A werewolf for a former werewolf’s son.” Harry nodded. “What about the two Snapes, and the Carrows?”

“I’m getting to that.” Hermione dug through the photographs until she found the one of the three kissing couples. “Obviously we know who they are,” she said, indicating the Malfoys. “And these two—” She tapped the pair in the center. “—are cheating.”

“Cheating?” Ron asked, regarding the kissing Snape and Narcissa dubiously. “How?”

Ginny grinned. “They didn’t have to dress up,” she said. “They just came as themselves.”

“Oh God.” Ron covered his eyes. “That was bad enough when I thought it was somebody else dressed as him! Now you’re telling me that’s actually—oh God.”

Hermione had to grab Ginny’s hand to stop her from falling off the bed with laughter. Harry was inspecting the picture more closely. “Didn’t someone else come as themselves?” he asked when anything could be heard.

“Yes, Mrs. Longbottom did.” Hermione excavated the picture in question. “Or I should say Mrs. Lovegood.”

“That’s right, she married Luna’s—Starwing’s, I mean—dad. Which makes Neville and Starwing something like brother and sister. So that makes them…” Harry frowned at the picture for a moment. “The Carrows?”

“Well done!” Ginny applauded. “And that should tell you who the other Snape is—”

“Has to be Meghan Black,” Ron cut in. “I have no idea why she’d do that to herself, but that’s who it is.”

“That is who it is, and she did it because Potions is her favorite class and she’s learned a lot from Professor Snape.” Hermione set the photograph aside. “And that is everybody, or ought to be. Any questions?”


Dear Draco and everybody,

I know you can see us, but it just feels right to write you a letter. Thank you for the photographs—they were hilarious. Ron would like you to know that he’s going to start investigating Memory-Scrubbing Charms. Ginny wants to know why we never do anything fun like that. As for Harry and me, we’re just hoping you’ll send us more pictures next year!

With best wishes for a very happy New Year,

Hermione

Author Notes:

Happy New Year, everybody, and I'm still hoping to get that chapter done!

Back to:: Harry Potter » You'll Bawl