Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

BaltaineShadow posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 12:12pm

*giggles hyterically* What you did tp old Lucius was just hilarious! That has to be the worst fate any Malfoy had to suffer for a looooooooong time! And the way Narcissa enjoys the whole thing makes it all the sweeter!
:) I got my "Severus-Happy-End"! Yaaaay!
Now I need more "Draco-Happy-End"... and Severus still needs to meet with Harry's Slytherin sister... for the fun of it^^ That meeting simply has to be hilarious^^

Greetings, Baltaine

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Draco's happy ending will be seen, but you'll have to imagine Severus meeting Lyssa for yourself.

dmhgbz posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 12:03pm

So I started reading this wayyyy back when, but I couldn't keep up with the updates, so I stopped. Now that it is (almost) finished, I've picked it up again, and I just wanted to squee over the fact that It's A Dangerous Game is in here. I <3 Coleen Sexton.

HGRHfan35 posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 10:35am

<b>Sigh<b/>
That was so sweet and beautiful and I just could not stop smiling all the way through.

It sounds like the perfect world for me. Oh be still my foolish heart.......

So glad that you have decided to do a sequel. Your 'worlds' are quite addictive and I keep craving for more and more.
But a bit more FD would be absolutely fantastic.
Hope your muse and inspiration will keep 'speaking' to you.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Hugzzzzzzz!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ooh I has hugs. Thankee. More FD is soon!

tangentsferret posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 7:32am

Waaaah! (mops eyes) That's so beautiful!(snif)

And very nicely done with Lucius and Narcissa, as well. I can hardly imagine a worse punishment for that man than to be silenced and unable to hurt anyone, and then to add insult on top of injury... I am fortunate to be so insignificant as to have no need to fear irritating you! (Even Bob and Alyx would only kill me painfully if I annoyed them, after all.)

Hey, this is timestamped from the 27th, and it's the 28th now, and you said "tomorrow"... so I might get to read two in one day, if I check back every so often! WHEEEEE!!!!!!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

*giggle* I'll be posting soon. But don't ever wager on your insignificance...

callie posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 5:56am

yay snape is happy! whoever would have known that possible!!!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He was always his own worst enemy.

LynnTerald posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 2:41am

How Draco defeated the dementors is still a little unclear to me and it kind of leaves me feeling like I missed something. Oh well, I guess that means reading it over again, not that that is burden in any way ^_^

And if that had been the last chapter, I would have had to hunt you down and smacked you. Not that it isn't cute, but I would like the last chapter to close with Draco's relationship with Luna. (hint, hint)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Draco generated basically a massive Patronus that drove away all the dementors at once. More details next chapter. Oh, we'll see our Malfoys...

Waywren Truesong posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 1:32am

*cheers and dances around* I don't care how long it takes as long as the sequel eventually evaporates! Yay for weddings! Yay for joy! Yay for punishments far too just to disbelieve!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

*giggle* Yeah, Lucius really does deserve something like that, doesn't he?

Anansii posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 12:34am

Appropriate fates for Narcissa and Lucius - and who knows, wait long enough and maybe he'll even catch on.

Otherwise just plain lovely - and we get one more chapter, too. I never did care for tales that end the minute the quest is ended.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hey, it could happen. Plenty of new chapter, including a nice epilogue!

Aki posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 11:55pm

Awww, that's just too sweet! Look forward to the last chapter tomorrow.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It'll be up in a few hours.

MLM97 posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 11:02pm

I'm almost going to be sad to see it end. Will we get a brief glimpse of how Draco's disappearance is taken in his birth world, as hinted at in Ever Ever After?

Nice to see Snape and Cecilia get their happy ending; it definitely brought a smile to my face, as did the dialogue between Snape and Draco. The latter was simple, but it worked.

Narcissia and Lucius' fate seems fitting as well. Given your fondness for Lewis, are some of the similarities to The Great Divorce (namely, that this seems to be Purgatory for Narcissa but could very well be Hell for Lucius) intentional or just my imagination?

Bring on the sequel! :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Does a full reading of Draco's will count as a brief glimpse? ;-) Call it semi-intentional, since that's one Lewis work I haven't read.

carolebear posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 10:08pm

Getting a bit anxious, are you? Posting over three hours earlier than ever before? Wanting to read the reviews before you go to bed? Well, add my glowing one to your list. This was a totally awesome chapter, and I enjoyed it so very much. My husband is looking at me strangely for grinning like a loon throughout the entire chapter. I think my favorite line was when Paul (Pol? short for Apllo?) ran into Severus. Whe whole exchange left me chortling. Have a fresh homemade chocolate chip cookie - my daughter just finished baking tham.

Oh, dear. Poor NArcissa. Actually, I think even the part where Lucius has to be present isn't as onerous as she once thought it was since he has CAN'T TALK! That is great! And it will be torment for him.

I would say the wedding was anticlimactic, but they have been waiting for it for years and years. I can't remember, but who were the three that were at the wedding (other than Draco and Luna and Lily)?

I anxiously await the dénouement of your story. Tying up all the loose ends and so forth. Will they look back into the canon world to be sure that everything worked out for them, too?

I read some of the other interpretations on the prophecy, and I agree with some (why didn't I figure out about the "flight" being Voldie, I'll never kniow, because I've known what his name meant for ages), like MLM97's ideas about Luna becoming Malfoy and Cecilia's name maybe being a play on the latin for blind. sorry to keep frunning on, but I have really, really, really enjoyed the story. I think the next chapter might deserve something extra special. Do you prefer Godiva or Ghiradelli? Light or dark? Creme, praline, nut, mint, or caramel? I'm serious here - send me an address and I'll put it in the mail... You deserve it. You are, hands down, my favorite Harry Potter fanfic author.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ooooh fresh cookie. *nom* Weddings don't have to be fancy. Their original witnesses were Dumbledore, Tom, and Minerva. And chocolate? Mmm. Ghiradelli dark plain, if possible... address will be forthcoming soon!

Anansii posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 7:15pm

And once again it is demonstrated that you don't have to only take the shotgun off the mantle once... :) That and incredible joy magnified by focus equals really fun eucatastrophe. Nice job, and I'm glad you're going to let us see some of the celebration.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

*grins* I like me some big guns!

Ryan Illuser posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 5:22pm

now thats more like it. Words can not express my joy for this lovely chapter

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thank goodness you like it! I was getting worried...

ClarenceRose posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 4:43pm

You definitely had me worried for a second there.
I like that Harry actually kills Voldemort.
Snape's revenge next???

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He was really only trying for a Disarm, but yeah, the canon ending felt the tiniest bit contrived to me.

ClarenceRose posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 4:32pm

Happy ending for Severus!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yep! Don't you think he deserves it by now?

BaltaineShadow posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 3:44pm

T_T
Wow! You did it! You created the perfect Happy End for me^^
But does Cecy already know that HER Sev is there as well? Or am I just as confused as I think I am? Well... I guess I'll find out soon enough, huh? :)

Two more chapters, right?

Greetings, Baltaine

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Right. Yes, Cecy knows.

ilovewhydouneedtoknow posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 12:33pm

haha ive really enjoyed it and cant wait for FD

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Me neither.

MLM97 posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 11:58am

To get my guesses on the prophesy in before the official answer:

I think 'no sight' is Anne making a Latin pun--Cecelia resembles caecus, "blind." Similarly, the argent orb becoming forsworn is in reference to Luna becoming Luna Malfoy.

Still stuck on whether the fleeing with two others refers to the encounter with Isabella (who could very well be the warrior foe) or the climax ("ends the flight" could mean either Isabella being caught after her escape, or the end of Voldemort, "flies from death").

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Bingo on the first two. Warrior foe ending the flight is a reference to Harry and Voldemort. 'Twill all be covered in the final chapter.

carolebear posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 9:49am

I have a big tub of movie popcorn here for you. Let me know if youwant butter. Well done, Anne. Sorry I didn't offer earlier, but I was so excited about Draco making it back to his preferred 'verse.

Question - are you going to resolve the prophesy for us? (I found my copy, and learned that it was from chaper 14 - I NEVER would have found it again.) I know that it is mostly complete (if not totally). Is the "ruthless one" Snape? "Accepting the gift of the serpent" (from Draco)? I thought no sight meant the dementors, but I don't think that's right. And what about the "argent orb [becoming] forsworn?" Is that talking about Luna? The "faith is broken" part bugs me, because I have no clue what that is talking about. And aren't there two Lunas in the 'verse with Draco now, since Draco brought canon Luna with him?

Have I told you lately how much I adore your stories?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No butter, thanks. Yes, the prophecy will be resolved in the final chapter, and you're almost entirely right about it. Yes, two Lunas--the one who was born in the otherworld uses her nickname, Starwing, and is going to marry Ray Beauvoi.

Taina posted a comment on Wednesday 27th January 2010 7:17am

YAY!!!!!!!! Score!!!!! The dementors are gone! (just imagine I'm doing a little jig) The was amazing as always!

Taina

Anne B. Walsh replied:

*imagines as ordered*