Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Strophe posted a comment on Wednesday 12th February 2014 4:57pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

Two quibbles with this chapter: The first is sort of silly. I don't quite buy it that Neenie was silent throughout the entire morning. I know she is shy, but she's also a toddler. And she and Harry were so present earlier. We don't really get to see Neenie do much for a couple more chapters, and I think this could have been a great time to introduce her on her own. Although, this was a very dense chapter already, and you were already introducing Letha. I just love small cubs and would have loved to have seen more of them. My other issue is with the dream; was Lucius depicted as himself? All the other adults were, but Remus doesn't recognize him. Wouldn't he? I think he'd at least have seen him in a newspaper, and they went to school together for a little bit, I thought (although that could be wrong).

But those are tiny quibbles, and I love the chapter otherwise. Neenie is there, and I can picture for myself her meeting Letha. And I still love the raft metaphor, and how happy Remus is already. The inner monologues get a little shorter in places in this chapter, and I think that has good effect. I like the pronouncement-type endings as well, but Remus thinking of Sirius is just as good.

One great bit from this chapter: Aletha shredding her napkin when she learns about Harry and the Dursleys. It is such a tiny detail, but it tells you so much about her character (some of that might be me looking back, but it is at least consistent). Aletha has to be more worried about Harry than either of the other two, A) because she hasn't actually seen him herself, and imagination can make anything worse, and B) because she was closer with Lily and so has a better idea than Remus just how awful Petunia can be. But, being Letha, she doesn't like to make a production of her feelings, and tries to hide them from others. Pre-Alpha Remus notices of course. Just great stuff.

The Imaginatrix posted a comment on Saturday 8th February 2014 10:32am for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

Hi Letha! *pounces on Aletha and hugs*

Not much to say here, so off to the next chapter I go!

nancypunkin posted a comment on Monday 12th August 2013 12:18pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

I absolutely love Aletha. That is all.

Ali posted a comment on Monday 2nd January 2012 9:07pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

And here's Aletha! I love how easily Aletha accepts Remus - with just a few paragraphs, you've already given us a solid idea of who she is. You're great at creating original characters, as both Danger and Aletha feel so real when reading this.

Ranglar posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 11:00pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

I'm really hoping that the Harry/Ginny romance is as good as the Remus/Danger romance seems to be.

Wolf550e posted a comment on Saturday 1st May 2010 4:56am for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

insta-Soul Bonded and a telepathic link?

"Do animals have emotions?" and "So an animal could get in, but I don’t see..." and "That is it. That is the thought I was chasing." sounds like an exercise from a storybook for toddlers. "What sound does a cow make?" kind of stuff.

So far, the story has the same amount of connection with reality as a harem fic, it just caters to a different fantasy.

PrayingForMercy posted a comment on Friday 31st October 2008 6:08pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

Laughing out loud at the Young Frankenstein reference. xD

Rob-girl posted a comment on Saturday 26th July 2008 9:26pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

I loved it! But, I must agree with some of the other reviewers, slightly . I think that Remus and Danger's relationship is progressing a little too quickly. Good job though.

CodeRomance posted a comment on Wednesday 16th January 2008 3:57pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

OH MY GOSH! BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!! I love this! WooT!

CodeRomance

Wistful-Stargazer posted a comment on Monday 19th November 2007 4:43pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

::chuckling::
I love the quotes from "Young Frankenstein".
;-D

taxzombie posted a comment on Monday 14th May 2007 7:19am for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

Still just as good the second time around. A fun read indeed.

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:23pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

While the mind-link is handy, I can't help but think the chapter would be funnier if they'd had to do charades after all.

"Werewolf?"
"There wolf. There castle."
"Why are you talking like that?"
"I thought you wanted me to."
"No, I don’t want you to."
"Suit yourself, I’m easy."

Classic. :)

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 2:50am for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

This is soooo good.

gunny

Chris1 posted a comment on Sunday 26th March 2006 12:39am for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

Aletha is cool :D

And the "There wolf" was ROFLROFL

Good job, I'm off to get more :D

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 4:10pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

I'm re-reading this and really enjoying it. Obviously the dreams make a lot more sense with hindsight. Which also means I appreciate the effort you put into them more. :-) Thanks!

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 2:12pm for Chapter 5: Laying Plans

Ch.5 - - One of my favorite things in fanfiction is seeing new ideas and concepts. The idea of a wolf tamer is simply terrific. I love it.

Their relationship is moving fast, but you have done a fine job of making it a believeable fast courtship.

Fun, fun, FUN!