Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Contrition posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2017 6:27pm for Chapter 49: His Wife's Husband (Year 7)

Whew... ok. Now comes the time when I begin to hope in earnest that you weren't misleading your reviewers when you let some things slip. I still really, really hope that Ginny doesn't get pregnant... 16 and pregnant is too squicky. Not to mention that you've left enough clues by this point to suggest that the part of the prophecy they thought meant that Ginny would have to get pregnant, might be referring to someone else entirely.... someone else who [spoiler] is married to a possible heir of Gryffindor that had been thus overlooked? Who [spoiler] likes his tea really hot, too? At least it's all already written here. I just have to read!

FWIW, I still don't think that you'd really kill off Draco, and I think there's more going on in the Lucius and Starwing plot than meets the eye... and you'll reveal all in time. (Have revealed already. I just have to go read it. You know what I mean! I hope.)

oddlyalli posted a comment on Sunday 9th February 2014 6:20pm for Chapter 49: His Wife's Husband (Year 7)

Ditto to everything in the previous reviews; your plotting, characterization, and writing are still a joy to read, and you always introduce new things to figure out. For example, what exactly ARE Amanda and Dafydd, and have they specific plans beyond "daze and confuse DE's?" The prophecit (petit prophecy) at the end of last chapter is assuring me they are in fact them, but...I'd welcome more hints.

I love just about everything Peter and Evanie, the exception being foreshadowing everything going terribly wrong. I'm worried that the Pack will never forgive him, which leads to pain on all sides, especially when he dies (whether in battle or old age).

The only thing I doubt a leetle bit is whether Albus would knowingly divide the resurrection stone. Any amount of explaining would do away with that, though.

Thank You--Encouragement--Whoo!

Nenya posted a comment on Sunday 9th February 2014 11:00am for Chapter 49: His Wife's Husband (Year 7)

Oh, that was geat! I love that George, James and Lily got to send their best on the big night. And I'm really enjoying the relationship between Snape and Starwing...the serpent in the Mark coming to life is a deliciously grim idea. Keep going, Anne, this is fantastic stuff; I love the directions you've taken these characters and concepts, and I can't wait to see how you unwind it all.

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Saturday 8th February 2014 3:53pm for Chapter 49: His Wife's Husband (Year 7)

Nice to drop in on Brian and Corona, hope their little mission goes OK. What is going on at the Founders' Hogwarts? I do like the idea of Harry getting James' old watch, complete with bite-marks ;-)

Erm…Starwing and Severus having little private conversations? Some new revelations about your version of the Dark Mark, which I like very much BTW: why do I think that someone unexpected will suddenly speak Parseltongue in the not-so-distant future? (maybe something to do with one of you prophecies?) I wonder what that potion might be that Severus was brewing for Lucius…

So Evanie is receiving an…interesting visitor? Cannot wait to see what comes of that particular thread!

Ah yes, Ginny just turned 16, an event for which she has been waiting some considerable time. Lucky Harry ^_^

There's something familiar about that Stone, isn't there…I went back and checked and yes, it seems to be exactly what I thought. Hence the arrival of George, James and Lily. Typical George…and what is going to prompt the next time the elder Potters turn up?

Lastly, and slightly out of order, I look forward very much to whatever Ron is planning for Hermione in the orchard…and I suspect she will appreciate it as well ;-)

karm23 posted a comment on Saturday 8th February 2014 9:56am for Chapter 49: His Wife's Husband (Year 7)

So many good things in this chapter! One of my favorite chapters yet, I must say. Brian and Corona, I hope he doesn't put it off too much longer. I think if he does, Corona will just whack him over the head and ask him what he's waiting for to give her that ring already! The scene with Neville, Ron, and Harry on the morning of his birthday is just one of those quiet Pride moments that makes them special, their banter about the Manor Den was great. I don't think I have enough words for the awesomeness of this chapter, really. The scenes with Snape and Starwing, so many delicious little clues there, so many possibilities, I gave me a tiny bit of hope. I still have no idea what to think od Dafydd and Amanda, but I'm sure whatever I may think won't be right. Like Ginny, I'm glad Ron went out to the orchard that day, that was a lovely scene between brother and sister. I never thought you'd use the Resurrection Stone in quite that way, but it was brilliant! Having George back, if only for that short conversation with Ginny, was very sweet, and funny. and I'm glad Harry got a chance to see his parents again, specially after that scene with Sirius earlier. All in all, amazing chapter, Anne.

Sorry for the rambling review, I just think so many things happened here I wanted to comment on all...

Until next time!