Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Anansii posted a comment on Monday 25th January 2010 5:13pm for 106: Whose Love You Desire

Yay Lily - finally got the chance to tell Severus what an idiot he was making of himself and make sure that he doesn't have to waste a lot of time convincing himself it's for real. :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, there's nothing I hate more than long "this isn't real" sequences. They're painful and embarrassing.

tangentsferret posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 11:15pm for 106: Whose Love You Desire

"Further up and further in"... have I mentioned that I am terribly, terribly fond of the way your mind works? In a purely platonic, friendly, distant, non-stalkerish kind of way of course.

And honestly, if there anybody that the "Tashlan Doctrine" (if I may be pardoned the shorthand) applies to, it would be Severus, who has been doing evil in the name of good, and good in the name of evil, for most of his life, poor man. No wonder he's confused.

(Moves on to next chapter quickly.)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Aww, thanks! Yeah, Snape gets a pass on the evil (with maybe just a smidgen of punishment) because of the good.

MLM97 posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 10:56pm for 106: Whose Love You Desire

Ah, Severus. The one with no sight is still going to have to work on you a bit once you get where you're going, I think.

I like the references to The Last Battle and the insight into Snape's psyche--it works for both canon and BC Snape, IMO.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, Lily gets him for a bit longer still. And I had canon!Snape in mind as well.

Waywren Truesong posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 10:12pm for 106: Whose Love You Desire

*giggles* Ah, well, since I put this up for redo from start you'd published at least three chapters and then this one just today, at least according to my email, so I don't really mind the wait at all. That's how I keep from killing authors, y'see--I just reconcile myself to always rereading.

This is all gorgeous, and I did, in fact, know it wasn't a cliffie. Ha. XD Loving you as always!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well done you, then!

carolebear posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 5:44pm for 106: Whose Love You Desire

Another chapter so soon? Well done, Anne, have another cookie. (That seemed to work well last dime - I can but try again.)

Well, I was wondering how Snape would deal with the shock of waking up and having Cece there to greet him. Nice touch, having Lily there to meet him in the halfway place. This allows him to settle his feeling for her, and also to get set straight on how things might be doifferent from what he thought. I just realized that if Cecilia is Draco's mother in the other 'verse, then Snape will be, in some strange way, his father. Did Draco realize that?

Much worse cliffie? *shudders* Why do you feel that you must do that to us, your loyal readers? Especially me, who faithfully checks daily to see if you have updated, even if I don't get an email alert. Well, if you are basing this on canon, at least I have some idea abuot how things will work out. *eyes widen* I just had a horrible thought - you never said things would happen just as in canon, just that they were based on them. We don't even know if things will work out to the benefit of the main characters in the canon 'verse. I will comfort myself with the thought that Harry must be triumphant in order for Voldemort to be defeated, and that this in some way, will help defeat the Dementors in the other 'verse? Isn't that right?

Ah well, as usual, I will anxiously await your next chapter, regardless of whether it is BC or FD.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ooh cookie. (It's lack of sleep really.) And yes, Draco's come to terms with having Snape as a father-figure. He was, really, for years while Draco was a good little Slytherin. And don't worry, I won't mess with canon. Too much. *evillaugh*

ilovewhydouneedtoknow posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 4:26pm for 106: Whose Love You Desire

wow ur really getting alot done with this im really enjoying it and hope u do more!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

More it is!

ghanima posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 2:14pm for 106: Whose Love You Desire

even small cliffies aren't nice...
*pouts*

still enjoyable cliffy and all
thanks!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Next chapter's gonna kill you, then.

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 1:04pm for 106: Whose Love You Desire

And everything starts to get sorted out now...Hurrah! So, less than 10 chapters to go, hmm, excellent. Do we get back to the Battle of Hogwarts next chapter or will there be more Lily and Snape scenes first? This chapter was really good, getting across some very good points about Severus' feelings for Lily and the way she feels about it. You write her particularly well I think. And I'm glad it was Lily that came to meet Snape and not Dumbledore, much as we love Albus. Hope to see more soon - or Facing Danger, of course!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, Snape and Dumbledore have kind of a troubled relationship, what with the killing and everything. BoH next chapter, Lily and Snape chapter after that.

Aki posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 9:57am for 106: Whose Love You Desire

I want to know Severus' reaction when he gets to the new world. Love the frequency of updates. Thanks!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, since he'll have gotten all his surprise out of the way now, he'll mostly just be happy.

BaltaineShadow posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 8:29am for 106: Whose Love You Desire

Yup... Lily. Of course - why didn't I think of her helping Severus understand? Silly me^^ Cause I'm not the author^^
Great idea, I must admitt! She probably was the only one who was able to get through to Severus... at least now he should begin to understand.

Honestly... I don't want to imagine what kind of cliff for us poor readers. This last one wasn't that bad - you've thrown worse on me. :)

Well... until the next chapter than,

greetings, Baltaine

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, I have thrown worse on you. And am about to do it again. Mwahaha.

HGRHfan35 posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 6:40am for 106: Whose Love You Desire

I’ve got a much worse one coming up. Mwahaha.


Really? Well come on woman, give it to us!!! :)

!~!~!~!~!~

This was a beautiful chapter. Deep and very profound. I loved how Lily kinda set Severus straight about his feelings for Lily and those for Cecilia. He is not quite there yet but I hope he will be very happy once he returns to the living world and to Cecilia. And I never thought I would wish that for Snape! :D

Hope to see an update soon although this was a quicky as well so I should not nag to much. *does twirly happy dance*

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It's going to be daily to the end now, I think. And here you are!

LynnTerald posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 5:40am for 106: Whose Love You Desire

I can't wait to read his reaction.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It's coming!

buffarama posted a comment on Sunday 24th January 2010 2:03am for 106: Whose Love You Desire

cliffie cliffie cliffie!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You call THAT a cliffie?