Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Anansii posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 1:35pm for 57: Why You Strike

Cackle all you want, long as you keep the updates coming.

Rexnos posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 7:02pm for 57: Why You Strike

I'm almost amazed to be saying this, but this story might just be better than the Dangerverse. I love that whole plot line, but it's gotten so convoluted and confusing that it can be hard to follow now. This story is straight-forward, interesting and downright fun to read. I burned through the entire thing in less than a day. On the trip, I also realized two important things.

First, that I don't hate Malfoy anymore, which is quite the opposite of my reaction to cannon. He was an arrogant bastard who took sadistic pleasure in ruining the trio's life. I couldn't stand him and frankly hoped that he would die most of the time. However, your stories, both this one and the Dangerverse, have shown me Malfoy in a new light. He's been so tainted by how he was raised and other events beyond his control that he never had a chance to be good. He's still horrible in cannon, but you have a knack for transforming him.

Second, Snape. A few chapters ago, you described Snape so perfectly that I'll never be able to think about him the same again. I've hated Snape almost as much as Malfoy for almost the same reasons. Your portrayal of him as a jilted lover, reluctant teacher and champion of an "equal" point system really turned him around in my mind. I only disagree with your assessment in his treatment of Neville. Snape goes after Neville for his stupid mistakes... which you still hit on in your description. Frankly, I'll never be able to fault Snape quite as much ever again.

Anyway, that's about all I've got, or at least all I can remember at this point. I wait with great anxiety for the next chapter.

Later,
Rex

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 4:39pm for 57: Why You Strike

Impressively fast. I'll put the virtual cookies in the oven, in anticipation of Draco (and Luna)'s rescue. If it doesn't come quick you will have burnt virtual cookies ...