Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

BT posted a comment on Wednesday 14th January 2009 1:40pm for 58: How Much You Notice

This is a great story! Unlike a reviewer last chapter, I don't think it is BETTER than your Dangerverse, just ... different. I wondered what DH would have been like with a better Draco, especially for Luna. There was so much potential for Draco to become better after Book 6, and I was disappointed, even if it was more realistic.

Keep writing! I can't believe I didn't catch this story being written until Chapter 57! Love it! LOVE IT.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, I didn't post it here until Chapter 55 or so, so you're not that bad. Yeah, Draco could have become better, but only if he didn't go right back to the place that taught him to be bad... I wanted Snape to take him away to somewhere safe, personally, and have him show up at the last moment and help Harry...

creaothceann posted a comment on Wednesday 14th January 2009 11:08am for 58: How Much You Notice

>If you'd care to try the main stories again, they do get better...

All right. :)

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Wednesday 14th January 2009 5:33am for 58: How Much You Notice

Whew. Finally caught up, so now I can go back to working on my 30 page paper due Friday afternoon. This is a great story. I really love the way you developed Draco's character. I'm not a fan of canon Draco at all, but the way you've shaped him here is completely believable. I'm looking forward to seeing who ends up in which world- I kind of think Draco might end up where he started. Thanks for writing!
Jay

Anne B. Walsh replied:

This has been and continues to be great fun to write. No comment about who ends up where... mwahaha.

creaothceann posted a comment on Wednesday 14th January 2009 4:48am for 58: How Much You Notice

> [...] and get over my urge to quit

So you're continuing? Great! :D
Don't be discouraged; everybody has their preferences. As I said I haven't read everything, and this one is nice. :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Don't worry, at this point I don't think I could quit writing.

If I'm being honest, I agree with you about some of my early work, but it was just that, my early work. The Dangerverse is my coming-of-age piece as a writer; it's taught me how to learn to write, really. Not how to write--I'll be learning that my whole life--but how to improve and keep improving. And as much as I hate it, criticism is important to that process. So thanks.

If you'd care to try the main stories again, they do get better... I killed off a major secondary character and stuck a main character with a horrible curse lately...

Darryn posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 11:10pm for 58: How Much You Notice

Awesome story, I look forward to reading more of it.

creaothceann posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 10:31pm for 58: How Much You Notice

Hope you don't chew me out for this...

I had started reading Dangerverse before, but stopped because the characters seemed to dodge evil too easily, somehow. The chapters were too predictable in their 'evil hatches plan, superfamily thwarts it in the nick of time and saves everybody, rinse, repeat' sequence. I also noticed how every major bump in JKR's ride was hammered out; but that's probably inherent to fanfiction. Maybe these points changed with later stories. At least this one looks different. (Maybe I just like character-transforming events.) Shame it looks like it'll be over soon.

I shall press F5 repeatedly.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Chew you out? Nah. I'll just crawl under my desk and get over my urge to quit writing forever. It happens a lot.

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 7:24pm for 58: How Much You Notice

You evil evil person. But I did promise.

Your virtual cookies - http://203.142.18.65/karen/choc_chip_cookies_closeup.jpg

The chocolate is fair trade, so in eating these virtual cookies you are contributing to a real solution to global poverty. They are fresh from the oven, so as you bite into them the still molten chocolate drips slowly out. They are studded with nuts, brazil nuts, macadamias, almonds ... chopped so that 'nut meal' infuses the cookie, while leaving delicious chunks of nutty goodness. I use 1/2 brown sugar, so the soft chewy texture is supplemented by a caramel taste. Enjoy. I made plenty.