Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Ladyofthelight posted a comment on Tuesday 18th August 2009 2:04pm for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

I was on vacation and I have to say, I really missed this story while I was away. I liked Luna's description of Draco, it was really sweet! Anyways, great job, and update soon!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, she is in love with him. Is now soon enough?

Ryan Illuser posted a comment on Monday 17th August 2009 10:39am for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

Nice. That's really all I have to say this chapter was great, a break from all the tension.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

The tension will be back but yeah, I thought they could use a break.

creaothceann posted a comment on Sunday 16th August 2009 8:04pm for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

@carolebear:
I subscribed to fanficauthor's RSS feed (via Firefox and the Brief addon)... it updates every hour.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Probably a good idea while the email alerts are borked up.

Anansii posted a comment on Sunday 16th August 2009 3:48pm for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

And if you're not easily offended, the name of the song is "The Bastard King of England"... :)

For that matter, if you're not sure you can be offended at all , check out "The Ball of Kirrymuir" aka "Four and Twenty Virgins" aka "The Bloody Ball" aka several other monikers.

Why yes, the spider IS a folksong (and filksong) fan.

And hooray for Narcissa... Just hearing from her is probably helping Draco a good deal.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I know it as "The Ball of Ballynoor" and it's the next offering on the list. *grin* Golly, the great stuff you learn at the Medieval Faire...

carolebear posted a comment on Sunday 16th August 2009 12:34pm for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

Oh good lord, that song was everything you said it was and more! I have to wonder if they knew what they were singing or were just too drunk to care.

Again, I must not be remembering something from an earlier chapter, but is Draco being baptised or knighted? The ceremony which they are talking about seems like it could be either. (I am leaning toward baptism, with Danger and Remus as godparents.)

I'm loving the fast updates - one of the first things I do when I turn on my computer is check, because I'm still not getting the e-mail alerts until a few days later. I do a little happy dance when I see one!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

They were just drunk enough to think it was hilarious. They'll all be embarrassed in the morning but they really needed it. And I shall never tell, never, never!

BaltaineShadow posted a comment on Sunday 16th August 2009 9:44am for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

Somehow I think I'm gonna look up those lyrics - and if it's only to find out what kind of stuff Remus knows besides what we already knew... And the scene was really amusing to read.^^
Draco seeing Cecy again was such a good scene - my eyes still start to sting when I think about it... and the way Cissy used Cecy's body to make her son realise the best way to punish Lucius would be to let him live and slowly be consumed by his guilt. It also gave him somehow a chance to let her go.
I can't wait for the next chapter - it would be great if it could be posted just as fast as this one! Two chapters at one day - great!

Hope to hear of you soon, Baltaine

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Song is good but quite dirty. And I shall try to post again tonight, but no guarantees!

ClarenceRose posted a comment on Sunday 16th August 2009 9:03am for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

Ha, good party.
What exactly is the ceremony thing Draco's about to do?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It's what it sounds like. He's joining the "good guys" permanently.

HGRHfan35 posted a comment on Sunday 16th August 2009 6:46am for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

Oh well, Luke Skywalker wasn't it but I had the same thoughts as Draco had, at least. :D
And he will use a Force. It's just his inner Force!

But his reasons for being Luke is much more beautiful and memorable, I must give him that.

Thank you for these swift updates. Brightens the weekend.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yep! And you're welcome. One more coming up, I think!

Musta posted a comment on Sunday 16th August 2009 2:16am for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

I'd be willing to look up the song lyrics...if I knew where to check!

Good chapter, as always, though I'm a bit confused by the ritual Draco is about to undertake. Adoption? I can't remember, it's been so long...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Just search on a phrase or two and you should get it.

tangentsferret posted a comment on Sunday 16th August 2009 1:44am for 86: Whose Voice You Hear

Well. That took some digging, and I must say I will never hear the Disney _Robin Hood_ "Phony King of England" song the same way ever again.

Thank you. Moving on about my day now...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Heheheheheh. I corrupt minds and I love it.