Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

  • Previous
  • Next

Mulch Diggums posted a comment on Friday 31st July 2009 5:28pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Having personally tried bacon and brown sugar--independant of this fic--let me second Harry's judgement. Frosting is also fairly good, but not quite the same as just a touch of the sugar.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

My personal favorite is maple syrup, but brown sugar has a similar strong/sweet flavor and makes an excellent substitute.

PrayingForMercy posted a comment on Monday 22nd December 2008 12:22am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

*salutes*

Prongs1977 posted a comment on Friday 25th April 2008 9:50am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

One question, if she looked "disgruntled", would her normal appearance be "gruntled"? Sorry, had to!

CodeRomance posted a comment on Sunday 27th January 2008 3:03pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

YESSSSSSSSSS RITA IS GONE FOR NOW! and neville and meghan made up yes! now what about bloody HARRY AND GINNY...and RON AND HERMIONE!

CodeRomance

Amamama posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 7:41am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Rita Skeeter indeed. Finally jarred. Will you make her into punch? Pleeeease?

Ron's idea, getting Winky to work for the Weasleys is just great, and it worked out wonderfully! Thank you! Molly really needed that. I wouldn't mind, either...

Tha Pack and the Pride and their extended families are such a great bunch. The Zippophones are just neat, what a great idea! Magic mobile phones, why isn't there anything like it in canon?

Thanks for sharing!

Graup posted a comment on Saturday 27th May 2006 11:17pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Enjoyed the chapter, and the capture of Rita Skeeter.

Did you have the kids register in order to avoid trouble? I might have missed that piece.

Mariposa posted a comment on Wednesday 24th May 2006 5:26am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Congrats on your graduation! Great chappie btw! I loved the whole thing with Neville and Pearl! And Harry and the Slytherins! Off to the next chapter!

frances posted a comment on Sunday 21st May 2006 1:10am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Fantastic chapter as per usual. Can't wait for the next one!

bluephoenixfire33 posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 8:59pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

This was a good chapter. I keep waiting for more H/G resolution but I am probably getting ahead of myself because of the Yule Ball. I know you have a master plan and I will patiently (Argh!) wait for your story to unfold.

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 2:05am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Great chapter. I like that things like Neville and Meghan's problem never take long to resolve; it would compromise the enjoyment one gets out of reading this. Great to see that Rita got finally captured as well. Problem is, what to do with her now? She knows too much and if released, she will still be just as dangerous as she was now...

Looking forward to more


Quizer

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 10:44pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

I am so glad that Meghan and Neville have made up and have come to an understanding. That is very good. I'm glad the Pack parents have figured out a way to capture Rita (bugging everyone) Skeeter! Thank goodness.
I am concerned that Zambini is a spy for Moldyshorts! It would be terrible for him to use Colleen like that! I hope I'm wrong. Even so I am glad Harry helped out the Slytherins by stopping them from being hexed by those 3 third years. That is the Harry I know and love. Thanks for writing. pms

Jamey posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 11:27am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Regarding the note about zippophones - people need to get used to just how *BIG* the group of people writing fanfic is! It's not going to be unusual for several people to come up with ideas - especially with the parameters of the idea so delimited. 1) Floo is as close to the muggle phone system as we get. 2) Floo requires flame. 3) We want something equivalent to muggle cell phones. ERGO - we need portable flame - aka, a cigarette lighter. Considering the differential between muggle and magical cultures, the butane lighter (whether it's actually made by Zippo or not) is the most likely source of fire, and Zippo is pretty close to a generic name for that style of lighter. So, I can't see how anyone can really complain about it.

It's like the expanded-interior/multi-compartmented trunk. I'm sure several fanfic authors used it before JKR did in GoF, but anyone who's seen an old Bugs Bunny cartoon would likely come up with a similar solution!

Great chapter, by the way!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 7:42am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Good solid chapter and that last line is delightful. The next chapter promises to be quite delightful.

On a more personal note, my congratulations on your graduation and my best wishes for graduate school; I know how much "fn" that can be.

Carolyn1 posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:05am for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Thanx for the update. Can't wait till the next chapter is out.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 11:55pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Just for the record, I am absolutely stunned that a work of this quality is being written by a college student! Boy howdy, do YOU have future!

That said, I'm tickled that they've caught Rita, and that Meghan and Neville are on terms again. I gather that there's another imposter Moody at the school, though.... *shivers*

I look forward to every update, and THANK YOU for sharing your creativity and hard work!

Aberbadger posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 10:53pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Not to sound overly critical or pedantic, but I presume you got the idea of the Zippos from Rorschach's Blot's "Make A Wish"? It's rather good form to credit that sort of thing where its due...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Believe it or not, I didn't.   There's a new bit in the Author's Note about that...

karina82 posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 4:47pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

first off Congradulations on your upcoming graduation. Good luck with the graduate work when it starts.

onto the review, wohooooooooooo new chapter and at the moment a new mystery. like who the freak where the two with voldie?
it's good to see neville and megan together again.
*doing the happy dance* finally someone caught rita, i sure hope they zap her with Raid or feed her to a frog.

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 3:59pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Congratulations! I just graduated myself...only I still have to finish one last paper. I love this story. I like the way AU stories open up new possibilities. For example, I'm pretty sure this is the only story I've seen that involved Draco as a plausible protagonist. I'm looking forward to the next installment!

freakyfinger posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 3:08pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Yah! Take that you b**** of a beetle! woot! Neville and Meghan have reunited!

amulder posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 2:29pm for Chapter 43: Gifts, Giants, and Gruntlement (Year 4)

Another enjoyable chapter... Snape was a bit of a surprise, both at Voldemort's side, and in the hallways. Zabini... going to see more of him?

I'm still hoping for a full-pack pool party in the prefect's bath. (For solving the Egg.) They're such a team, I really hope they do that together. We'll see. But, will it be Ron at the bottom of the lake this time, or will you pull a surprise on us? Hmm. Why not his brother Draco?

The Rita capture was a bit of a surprise. Seemed almost *too* parallel to canon. I wasn't expecting full outright capture. Hmm.

The Winky scene was pretty short, but then it wasn't that crucial to your plot I suppose.

Thanks for sharing.
...art

  • Previous
  • Next