Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Nenya posted a comment on Tuesday 5th August 2014 4:29pm for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Huh. I forgot about Harry's reaction to the Gryffindor jewel, and his ability to put out fire wandlessly. But Remus is confirmed as the heir now (right...?) Or is there more than one heir of Gryffindor?

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Sunday 26th June 2011 12:51pm for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

"Defending truth, justice, and Chocolate Frogs." *snicker*

PrayingForMercy posted a comment on Monday 22nd December 2008 2:42pm for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

So how is he going to get his powers? Are they going to do something like Draco and Hermione?

CodeRomance posted a comment on Sunday 27th January 2008 4:17pm for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

honestly you couldnt just stick that cast list in there you just had to wait and i want harry and ginny to do something...arg this is bothering me soo much! i hate waiting!

CodeRomance

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Tuesday 19th June 2007 7:16am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Flame you? Far from it.

I estimate this story as about 500,000 words. That means you've written several tomes longer than _Atlas Shrugged_, and they hold the reader's interest all the way through.

These Dangerverse stories are the best fanfic that I've read. I think that if you wrote this well about your own characters, you would have good, solid, salable fiction. No guarantees it would do as well as the HP books, but I think you are more than good enough to write and sell fantasy.

Amamama posted a comment on Monday 19th June 2006 6:47am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Woohooo! Here we go - it's official, at last: Harry Potter is the heir of Gryffindor. Too bad you need a blood relative to undo the binding of the magic, but I'm sure they'll find a way around that. Does it need to be a living blood relative, or will the ancestor himself do? Would a pendant charm do the trick? i guess we'll find out, eventually.

Good for the pride to all try out for the musical, and I'm really interested in finding out about the casting. Guess it goes up now, doesn't it?

Brilliant writing, as always. Thanks for sharing!

Sterling posted a comment on Saturday 10th June 2006 2:27pm for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Hello there. I just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your story quite a bit. I haven't agreed 100% with everything you have done in it(such as putting the entire pride into Gryffindor) but with a story as involved as yours that is to be expected. It is, however, a great read and I am enjoying your story immensely.

Graup posted a comment on Friday 9th June 2006 3:30pm for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Ok, so I WILL definitely say something nice.

Great chapter. I enjoyed the task, and the hubbub after the task. Dudley appears to be a culprit in the attempted murder of Ron.

Thanks for sharing your work. You are extremely talented, and I enjoy your stories.

Mariposa posted a comment on Tuesday 6th June 2006 2:11pm for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

*huggles* Great chapter! I don't mind waiting, you update often and reliable enough to not mind. I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter and I can't wait to see who gets what. And how they will unlock Harry's magic. That's very intrigueing.

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Monday 5th June 2006 8:17am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

If they need a blood relative to undo the bindings on Harry's power, they know where to find Godric, Maura, and Paul, now don't they?

StoneCold posted a comment on Monday 5th June 2006 12:11am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Well, that was very short sighted of James to blood bind Harry, what with being on the run from Voldemort.

I'm sure you'll find a reasonable way out of it.

Which just leads me to a side thought, why in the bloody hell wasn't James or Lily their own secret keeper, if bloody Dumbledore could be his own for Grimmauld?

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 8:36am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

*chuckle* Holding onto the cast list makes for a pleasant cliffie instead of a heavily-charged one. I rather like that change of approach. Very enjoyable chapter.

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 8:15am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Very good. Really liked this chapter. I always like it when authors make Harry Gryffindor's heir.

I've now read all of the Dangerverse stuff and think that your original characters are excellent. Keep it up!!

Update "Dealing with Danger" most often, pretty pretty please!

Carolyn1 posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 4:31am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Yeah, happy a new chapter. Good work. More when you get the chance, please.

amulder posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 4:14am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Partially, I wish to address the comments from Bobmin356

First, I agree that the reasons for cutting in half the points are a bit on the vague side. Bagman states: "Due to unforeseen events, it has been decided to halve the original amount of fifty points" Really, we need to go back one chapter where Dumbledore states that the even was "sabotaged". Instead, Bagman could have explained more: the event was sabotaged, which affected the performance of the champions, therefore they are reducing the amount of points, and looking for another way to all the champions to earn back points in a hopefully unsabotage-able fashion. etc, etc.

But to argue the other side... the 3rd task in the book was also clearly sabotaged, by Moody, and yet no one contested Harry's win.

And more in Anne's defence... GoF was already a pretty large book, JKR clearly could not fit more stuff in. But come on... the 3 schools are spending what ... eight(?) months together? This is supposed to promote international cooperation and unity. Really, the Ball was the only social type event hilighted in the book. I think it makes emminent sense to have even more opportunities for the schools to intermingle and both help each other and also learn from each other.

And finally... while not prominent, music and the arts have clearly been a constant and important subtext of Anne's stories. Most of the kids play some instrument or other and Sing. So do the adults. Don't forget the rather important plot point about Sirius taking up writing novels. And remember the Monty Python homage that the kids did at the World cup to earn some extra money? Not to mention the continual Pirate games that they seem to indulge in.

If you want to criticize something, criticize that. I have always found it a bit of a stretch to think that 14 year old kids, in the midst of puberty and all the assorted "growing up" stuff... still indulge in make-believe type games like that? But I have never complained, since it is Anne's story, and I think it does flow reasonably well with the more artistically-inclined natures of her characters.

But I am most curious, after Anne's tease in my review response, about what part Harry is getting. Yes, he can sing, but he didn't seem to think he was suited to be Joseph, so what else would be a major part? (I've heard the soundtrack, but never seen the play. Right now I've got "I close my eyes / Drew back the curtain.." running through my head right now)

Are you going to make him Joe, and let Cho be Potiphar's wife? Hmm. Ginny was right, not many major parts for girls, eh?

best,
...art

frances posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 3:56am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

How could we hate you when you write such amazing fanfics. I love DwD. It is one of my favourite fanfics ever.
I love the idea of doing a musical at Hogwarts. Especially Joseph! The songs are just great from there and so catchy as well. I can wait for the cast list but not too long please! It is really wonderful so keep it up!

freakyfinger posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 2:52am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

OH! Super powered Harry! woot!

Lostchyld posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 2:40am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

I like this story best of all your WIP. Not that the others aren't good, just that this is better.

-Teh Lost

Bobmin356 posted a comment on Sunday 4th June 2006 1:47am for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

Rarely have I seen a decent AU fic go totally off track in a single chapter. But this one comes close.

What is the logic behind halving the points and deciding to hold a blipping play for the rest of the points? I have to admit I was avidly following this story up until this point then you lost me. I skimmed the rest of it wondering if you lost your plot line file somewhere.

I'm sorry, I know this isn't a rah rah yay yay review. But I found the whole play idea almost as believable as Harry carrying Draco's love child. Its a real shame too, I had been looking forward to this chapter. :\

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hey, no reason to give me rah-rahs if you don't like it.   I've just always wanted to have a show at Hogwarts, and this seemed like a decent time to do so.   The play won't be a huge plot point - it'll happen, it'll be over.   And there will be other plot things going on at the same time.   This is not going to turn into a "Hogwarts the drama school" story.   But I couldn't resist, just this once.   Forgive me?  

amulder posted a comment on Saturday 3rd June 2006 10:28pm for Chapter 45: The Auxiliary Task (Year 4)

No no, no hate here. Can't bite the hand that feeds us, after all.

But Joseph? Really? Congratulations, Anne, once again you have come up with something in this story that I have never ever seen in another HP fanfic. This is VERY original. I thought it was original when you had the crew doing Monty Python at the World Cup... now you're going to put them up on stage for a real big musical piece! Stunning!

Write More! Faster! Please!?

It's not just the cast list... that doesn't worry me overly much. I just want to see this happen.

Oh, and very nice having that bit of internal monologue of Ginny's. It was probably smart to keep it brief, but it just gave us a bit of insight into her thoughts and showed us that she is a very strong and determined young lady. We already know that she has never had the "blushing shyness" of Canon in your story, this shows that she still is every bit the strong woman that OoTP/HBP showed us, and is possibly even stronger.

Suddenly, though, I have to go back and read your climax to year two, as I don't rememember how the Basilisk was defeated, if it wasn't with a sword...

thank you, again, for sharing your talents with us.
It is a pleasure,

...art

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thank you for this... it's good to know that some people enjoy this idea.   I saw a grade school production of Joseph a year or so ago, and immediately started casting in my head.   Poor Harry's in for a rough time when he finds out his part...