Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Prongs1977 posted a comment on Friday 25th April 2008 2:22pm for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Amen on the remembering. My instructor for the Sheriff's office, and my handgun licensing said one thing over and over, NEVER draw your weapon (it's not a gun, ask me later if you don't understand), unless you are prepared to use it. If you are prepared to use it, it must be the only way out, stop the person or something worse than their being injured (or FAR worse) happens. Nice chapter!

CodeRomance posted a comment on Monday 28th January 2008 1:28pm for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

very good chapter! i so wish that Cho Chang would turn ugly all the sudden...and how come Draco and Neville can get it right the first time, but not Harry and Ron...oh how sad...soo SAD! lol anyway still brilliant! and oh and that memory that Danger had...that was sooo cute...them playing peter pan like that!

CodeRomance

Yamainu posted a comment on Saturday 20th January 2007 10:24am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

"A wand is a deadly weapon".

"Any spell can kill."

Too often people forget this (and I mean people in the sense of people, fans, ficauthors, etc., as well as characters.) One of the things that always bothered me about the wizarding world was the giving of deadly weapons to 11 year olds. What would someone think of a parent who bought their 11 year old a gun?

Or maybe the wizards have the right idea (not buying kids guns, but letting them see them, be around them. Let them know exactly what it's capable of, and why it's so dangerous.).

Question of the century.

oriona posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 9:50am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Tash- bad, Aslan- good! Tash- bad, Aslan- good! Gooooooooo Narnia!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 10:57pm for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Moody made me grin as always but I understand the more serious point. Great chapters.

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Monday 10th July 2006 9:37am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Great chapter

MPF

Ken Warner posted a comment on Sunday 9th July 2006 1:13pm for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

A most excellent chapter, even though you skittered around the edges of the actual play. Loved the way you had Neville reason Meghan back to a grip on reality, that was masterful.
Too bad your Harry is still stuck on Cho, he is much more balanced and bright than the canon Harry - plus the movie Cho was so plain - if not down right unattractive - that it permanently ruined any H/Cho ship for me.

The final scene was also excellent, another great author had his character say "...there is no such thing as a deadly weapon, there are only deadly people."

thanks and warmest regards

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 10:50pm for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

I really like that last statment of Moody's. I take it that the third task is next, I'm can't wait to see how you go about doing Voldemort's Rebirth. If of course you do!
I like the tiniest seed of doubt you placed in Harry when he was dancing with Cho. I'm just wondering how long your going to leave it before they're all properly paired off.

Monkey

Quizer posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 3:33am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Great chapter. I especially liked this last scene with Moody. The scene is very powerful, and he tells some valuable stuff that not just he should have figured out.

I also liked the scene with Harry and the length of the names... It's pure evil! :D

The brainstorming they do with Harry for the third task is very useful, too. Heh... if he had his powers as a heir, he could just blowtorch right through the whole maze... Is this something you had in mind? ;) I guess it would be cheating, though.

well, I'll be looking forward to the next chapter. Yours is one of the few long AU stories that still have what it takes after all those 100,000s of words! Keep it up!

Quizer

n4zhg posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 2:09am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Applause, for both practical and legal reasons.

It's something Jo has yet to cover in any of her books -- probably because the UK has lost a whole lot in that regard over the years. Want to bet that if HP were real wands would be illegal except for police and military?

Mariposa posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 12:16am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

I can't believe Harry asked Cho to dance! The girl already has a boyfriend. He is so wrong! And she's a bit blind if she can't see he fancies her. I'm so curious about how these two will play out and how long it takes Harry to see Ginny. I really hope it doesn't take till his 6th year.

The Draco and Luna talk was cute! I loved it! The Megan/Neville talk was bittersweet. Is she finally going to get over it? I really wonder. And Hermione/Victor was great! I'm sorry but when a guy is that good with the moves how can she even think of Ron! I know he is her "true love" but she's only 14. I hope your Ron in the future is at least as romantic as Victor or I will seriously be questioning Hermione's sanity. And if Victor is really evil I will scream! Though I must say I would have rather seen Hermione's POV reaction about what happened that night with Victor than Danger and Moony reminiscing but you're the writer. Aletha and Tonks burying the hatchet was well done and just what was Harry getting in the mail? ;o) I also loved Moody's last lesson. It was perfect.

I'm sorry I just seem way too opinionated about this chapter. I think I identified with all the female characters too much but I loved this chapter, I really did! I loved how lots of romance is kinda up in the air right before the Third Task. And I'm so eagerly awaiting it, the aftermath and everything!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 3:14pm for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Excellent chapter to read as threads weave in and out. Too, a very succinct summation of the "Doctrine of Deadly Force" which applies whatever tool - wand, pistol, etc. - is used.

Louise posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 11:16am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Awesome chapter like usual. Funnily enough my Physics teacher at school told us a story about his driving test and how the policeman said that a car was a lethal weapon, and he had just been given a license to use it. I still remember that. I would have heard that in year 10 at school ........

karina82 posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 10:01am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

harry's question had me ROTFL, of course anyone can take that the wrong way.

glad to see things are getting better between tonks and aletha.

freakyfinger posted a comment on Friday 7th July 2006 9:32am for Chapter 48: Privacy and Philosophy (Year 4)

Go Bob!! I like that lesson. I think it will really have a major impact later on in the story.