Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Friday 27th March 2009 4:21am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

Great chapter. I particularly liked the prophecy riddle. What was your plan for how this story was to pan out before Deathly Hallows came out?

That riddle so obviously alludes to the Deathly Hallows with "A third there is, with cloak and stone".

In the previous stories you have tried to roughly follow the plots of the book but with your own twists. Were you happy with the way Rowling finished it? Did this fit in with how you wanted your version to go?

Sorry for the nubmer of questions, but with the Deathly Hallows link this got me thinking.

Thanks for writing.
Monkey

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 9:23pm for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

Okay, some thoughts just came to me:

"A curse once on your best-loved gift

Should start your thoughts in proper drift,

For why had hawk to take it on?

What stopped the wolf in days agone?"

When Lucius cursed Draco in DwD, Ron (the hawk) had to take on the effects of the curse because he was a pureblood boy of the right age, whereas Harry (the wolf), who wanted to take the curse for his brother, couldn't because he is half-blood. So they need to remember something about this in order to "end the spell of ancient days".

Am I making sense?? I hope so.

Whyteroze28 posted a comment on Friday 14th March 2008 2:18pm for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

WOW! O loved how you incorporated the bits of DH in there, and the way that things are moving quickly towards the final battle, but it also makes me sad, because I hate the thought of Draco dying... and yet I can't shake the feeling that Danger's dream is going to remain a true one, and for that to happen Draco can't die... so I'm really stumped.

Owl posted a comment on Tuesday 4th March 2008 2:04am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

The prophecy has to do with the Hallows, but also with Draco and Amanda and Luna!

ALES posted a comment on Saturday 1st March 2008 11:04am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

***I'm also wondering if the "old safekeepings" is referring to Harry and Moony's connection. But I have a few ideas rolling around on that one. The main one being is the "year's first night" a full moon and will the new Amulet Sirus is now sporting cause problems with Danger's taming abilities.***

Re-reading and I just had a thought. What if Malfoy put some sort of magical tracking beacon on it, where he can locate the pack.

Or what if, this is way out there, but what if Malfoy was somehow able to set up Sirius's amulet to act like Harry's locket does. If he could somehow forge a temporary blood bond on it using Sirius's blood line, then he would be able to find the Den and pass through the Blood Wards. So many possible outcomes with that amulet and the prophecy.

callie posted a comment on Wednesday 27th February 2008 8:47pm for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

that was really sweet but with a touch of evil at the end

I LOVED IT!!!!

update as soon as you can

now the prophecy

When holly wand met wand of yew,

Harry and Voldy

The endless fight began anew;

the new war

A third there is, with cloak and stone—

the hallows

Who’d win must call them first his own.

the person who is going to win will get the hallows?

But they shall come, as shall those shells

In which unhallowed spirit dwells;

they will come to you without looking?

Your task is now to other ways,

To end a spell of ancient days.

A curse once on your best-loved gift

that amulet thing

Should start your thoughts in proper drift,

For why had hawk to take it on?

snape?

What stopped the wolf in days agone?

harry

But ere your thoughts can reach their peak,

The far-off Seeker must you seek.

victor krum?

Do watch him, yet do not mistrust,

For justice sometimes strikes unjust—

As you shall know when winter’s through,

For sorrow is not done with you.

Sleep not the year’s first night of care;

Of old safekeepings now beware;

don't sleep on new year eve?

For much has changed, though some’s the same,

And naught’s yet come of one old game.

Do what you must, wolf’s darling kit,

And shed no tears for doing it;

Save tears for those who hold you dear

And fall as seen by owlsight clear.

don't cry aboout what you do to save others

So help the new-turned nymph be brave

And save the one you’ve power to save,

For lion’s line continue must

Ere elder serpent’s fall to dust.

harry has to win and voldy has to die

Meg posted a comment on Tuesday 26th February 2008 5:42pm for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

For making me sob, you suck. Then again, I should know better than to read a chapter of yours this late, when I'm tired and prone to emoting.

Brother wands meet, war starts again.

Whoever gets all 3 Hallows first will win.

They'll be found, along with the horcruxes.

Not sure 'bout the next 6 lines.

Somethng about Krum?

Not sure....

Hermione, duh. Yeah? LOL

Tonks will be bitten?

I'm too tired to work through an Anne puzzle!

Thanks for the new chapter!

Meg

Blocker posted a comment on Tuesday 26th February 2008 5:39pm for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

RAWR, Took long anough didn't it? thats ok toough, were such faithful reader's that we dont mind. As long as we get more chapters. heh. cant wait for the next one.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 26th February 2008 3:25am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

I like the exploding smoothie maker. Poor Harry! I liked the prophecy and the way all three boys were worrying and not realising how much pain the others were in. I love the final scene in the churchyard. The statue is a lovely idea as was Snape's way of helping Meghan with her pain. Good chapter. More please.

Matilda posted a comment on Monday 25th February 2008 9:33am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

Okay I already reviewed, but I have some new thoughts on the prophecy. I now agree that "wolf's darling kit" is Draco.

Do what you must, wolf’s darling kit,

-a kit is a fox baby

And shed no tears for doing it;

Save tears for those who hold you dear

And fall as seen by owlsight clear.

-and this line is telling the darling kit to fall as seen by owlsight clear. We know its' Draco who's been seen to fall by owlsight clear. All four lines are about him.

So help the new-turned nymph be brave

-Everyone says this is Tonks, but I'm positive its' Luna. This is instructions for the pack for after Draco dies- don't be sad, be brave, save Harry, and help Luna, who'll be new-turned (as a spy, she'll have pretended to go over to Voldemort out of grief), and will certainly need to be brave. I'm not sure why she's called a nymph, but a nymph is sort of ethereal and mysterious, like Luna, so maybe it's just a poetic way of saying girl, since the owl has already been mentioned and the founders can't make it too easy.

And save the one you’ve power to save,

-Draco is going to die, and it is talking about him.

ALES posted a comment on Monday 25th February 2008 8:07am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

Yes! An Update! It was fantastic and I wish I would have read it slower because now I'll be dying to know what's going to happen, especially with this new prophecy. Speaking of which...


"A third there is, with cloak and stone—

Who’d win must call them first his own."
--Obviously refers to the deathly hallows and how the owner of all three shall master death. The next two lines which refer to "those shells in which unhallowed spirit dwells;" I'm assumming refer to the horcruxes.

"A curse once on your best-loved gift

Should start your thoughts in proper drift,

For why had hawk to take it on?"
--I'm wondering if this has something to do with the 'Loyal son' curse Lucius Malfoy put on Draco back in DwD? The only way for Draco to survive was for it to be transferred to Ron.

I'm also wondering if the "old safekeepings" is referring to Harry and Moony's connection. But I have a few ideas rolling around on that one. The main one being is the "year's first night" a full moon and will the new Amulet Sirus is now sporting cause problems with Danger's taming abilities.

"Do what you must, wolf’s darling kit,

And shed no tears for doing it;

Save tears for those who hold you dear

And fall as seen by owlsight clear."
--I think this part is meant for Draco ('wolf's darling kit'). It sounds very ominous. He's already very worried about dying and doesn't want Hermione to worry about him. It sounds like he's going to have to follow Luna's vision. Whether it's a vision she previously had or one she hasn't had yet, I have no idea.

I agree with most everything else that has been circulating about Tonks and the Krum/Grindelwald (they could provide information on the deathly hallows.) And of course the idea that it's Horcruxes first that should be focused on finding.

Overall this was an awesome update and this prophecy is going to be stuck in my head for a while I can guarantee it. ^-^

insertparagraph posted a comment on Monday 25th February 2008 6:54am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

Yay!

*looks at prophecy*
*raises both eyebrows*
*looks at other reviews*

I agree with the common interpretations of the first 6 lines, and with Prongies on the second 6, so I won't add there. The rest of the prophecy, though...

But ere your thoughts can reach their peak,
The far-off Seeker must you seek.
Do watch him, yet do not mistrust,
For justice sometimes strikes unjust—
As you shall know when winter’s through,
For sorrow is not done with you.


My first thought about "far-off Seeker", like everyone else, is Viktor Krum. My second thought is Gellert Grindelwald, who sought the Deathly Hallows. The justice thing could be commentary on his imprisonment.

Sleep not the year’s first night of care;
Of old safekeepings now beware;
For much has changed, though some’s the same,
And naught’s yet come of one old game.


*wonders what a "night of care" is*
*wonders about loose plot threads connected to protections on the Pack and Den*

I agree with Prongsie about the "wolf's darling kit" section, and most of the "newly turned nymph" section. That bit about "lion’s line continue must", though... you wouldn't wait until Harry has a kid of his own to kill Voldemort, would you?

stargirl404 posted a comment on Sunday 24th February 2008 1:17pm for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

I loved it, thanks for updating!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Sunday 24th February 2008 12:52pm for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

Hmm, 'twill be interesting to see just what else that amulet does. Irather suspect that, if it does anything bad, Dudley is going to get more than just a talking to, he might well get a literal "chewing out".

As to teh propehcy, I clearly got the reference to the "Deathly Hallows" and, I think, Dumbledore (not exactly a flattering reference to him if I'm reading it correctly). Finally, the whole last portion, starting with "wolf's darling kit", seems to be about harry and it looks like he's got his work cut out for him.

annemjw posted a comment on Sunday 24th February 2008 10:13am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

Yes! I'm so glad this is back!

nuclear death frog posted a comment on Sunday 24th February 2008 9:32am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

>>>When holly wand met wand of yew<<<

Holly wand = Harry's wand, or Harry
Yew wand = Voldemort's wand, or Voldemort

>>>The endless fight began anew;<<<

The struggle between Harry and Voldemort, for the ultimate fate of the world (cheezy!)

>>>A third there is, with cloak and stone—<<<

The Elder Wand, Cloak of Invisibility, and Resurrection Stone, aka the Deathly Hallows

>>>Who’d win must call them first his own.<<<

Someone must rightfully gather all three and become "Master of Death" before they can triumph

>>>But they shall come, as shall those shells
In which unhallowed spirit dwells;<<<

Horcruxes, in the plural

>>>A curse once on your best-loved gift
Should start your thoughts in proper drift,<<<

Hmm, the Firebolt maybe (can't remember)?

>>>For why had hawk to take it on?<<<

Ron's Animagus form?

>>>What stopped the wolf in days agone?<<<

Harry's Animagus form? Or Remus?

>>>The far-off Seeker must you seek.<<<

Viktor Krum, mayhaps?

>>>Do what you must, wolf’s darling kit<<<

Okay, this probably means Harry, so the first wolf is likely Remus, or Danger.

>>>And shed no tears for doing it;<<<

Harry must do something unpleasant and sad, for which he is likely to feel remorse, but must not.

>>>Save tears for those who hold you dear<<<

Someone from the Pack will be lost.

>>>And fall as seen by owlsight clear. <<<

Not sure on this, but it sounds like a prophecy/vision.

>>>For lion’s line continue must <<<

Harry must survive so that Gryffindor's bloodline survives

>>>Ere elder serpent’s fall to dust.<<<

And Voldemort must be extinguished so that Slytherin's bloodline is extinguished

Did I get anything right?

First time reviewing, I think. I enjoy this AU series quite much.

Prongsie posted a comment on Sunday 24th February 2008 8:49am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

When holly wand met wand of yew,

The endless fight began anew;

-> Harry met Voldemort, they fought and the second war started where the first war ended. Right?

A third there is, with cloak and stone—

Who’d win must call them first his own.

-> Erm... Elder wand? A third player somewhere, whom we missed out on? I'm guessing Elder wand, but that's just me :D

But they shall come, as shall those shells

In which unhallowed spirit dwells;

-> Horcruces. Which means the Pride probably finds out about them soon, right? Maybe through Dumbledore?

Your task is now to other ways,

To end a spell of ancient days.

-> The prophecy is telling them to move on (away from grieving about Marcus?), and to end a spell. Ancient days as in either 'when the dinosaurs walked the earth' or 'around the first war'? Or maybe in the FOunders' time?

A curse once on your best-loved gift

Should start your thoughts in proper drift,

-> A curse on Draco then, so that would be Lucius' Pater-something curse.

For why had hawk to take it on?

What stopped the wolf in days agone?

-> Ron took it on, because he was a pureblood, while Harry's a halfblood. Maybe some kind of residence in Ron from that spel?

But ere your thoughts can reach their peak,

The far-off Seeker must you seek.

-> Erm, Seeker, so it's Quidditch. Krum? He's far-off, as far as I can tell :)

Do watch him, yet do not mistrust,

For justice sometimes strikes unjust—

-> Something's going to happen to him, something he doesn't deserve (as it's unjust), so they can trust him

As you shall know when winter’s through,

For sorrow is not done with you.

-> Not a happy prophecy. Krum's going to die? How? By Voldemort?

Sleep not the year’s first night of care;

Of old safekeepings now beware;

-> January 1st? Bad sleep, so maybe Voldemort will be visiting Harry and his amulet might not work. Safekeepings... Things kept safe? Or a place where things are kept safe? The Den/Heart?

For much has changed, though some’s the same,

And naught’s yet come of one old game.

-> So somewhere some kind of plan hasn't been completed yet. What did I miss?

Do what you must, wolf’s darling kit,

And shed no tears for doing it;

Save tears for those who hold you dear

And fall as seen by owlsight clear.

-> So Hermione is going to do something she won't like (fight? Kill?), but she has to save her tears for Draco (noooooo! Or maybe that spell? Some residue? Please?)

So help the new-turned nymph be brave

-> Tonks, as she has newly turned Weasley.

And save the one you’ve power to save,

For lion’s line continue must

Ere elder serpent’s fall to dust.

-> Harry must be saved at all costs. Gosh, sounds very doom-like.

I know I'll love to read the story :) I've been following you for ages (haven't you noticed me stalking you yet?), and I've fallen head over heels with your writing :) Thanks for the amazing chapter(s)!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yikes, I have a stalker!

You're really close on a whole lot of the prophecy, and... not so close on some of the rest of it. Keep reading!

Katie posted a comment on Sunday 24th February 2008 8:48am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

A third there is, with cloak and stone—
which would be the elder wand with the invisibility cloak and stone...the three hallows

Who’d win must call them first his own.
whoever wants to win, be it voldemort or harry, must first have all three

But they shall come, as shall those shells

In which unhallowed spirit dwells;
they will be found and so will the horcruxes

so far, that's what i have. This was another brilliant chapter, but it left me thinking that I really needed to start re-reading as I might have forgotten many important details!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ahh, the angels are in the details! Look closely!

takon65 posted a comment on Sunday 24th February 2008 8:30am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

Oops...Nope I need to re-read the story and catch the chapters I missed...I'll have a great time re-reading them.

Since you're beginning Books 6/7 now, will the illustrious Headmaster survive??

This story is like eating peanuts, once begun you can't just read one chapter:-P. I'm already at Chapter 8 on my revision..I'll be up to speed in no time at all.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ah. No comment on Dumbledore's survival... and why do people keep telling me my writing is like food or drugs or something?

Matilda posted a comment on Sunday 24th February 2008 6:46am for Chapter 27: Tears and Tokens (Arc 6)

It's great! The only part I wasn't fond of was changing the statue. I feel like that statue belonged to the wizarding community as a whole to commemorate a historic event. Changing the baby to Marcus was only meaningful to the Pack, and it wasn't really their statue. However, I really liked the scene with Meghan and Graham, and I loved the part about flower language. I hope you include more of that and also more about the DA. I was always really dissapointed that the DA didn't continue in canon after Umbridge left. I also really want to know what's going on with Amanda- not whether or not she gets Draco, but about that story. I didn't understand that at all. But most of all, I want to know if anything's going to happen with that story about the sword of decision and Sirius leading the wizarding world. Please don't forget that! Overall, it was a really good chapter.

I didn't vote for a Christmas carol, so my vote is Deck the Halls, if it's not too late. And now for the prophecy:

When holly wand met wand of yew,

The endless fight began anew;

-When Harry fought Voldemort, the war began again.

A third there is, with cloak and stone—

-The Deathly Hallows!

Who’d win must call them first his own.

-And Harry needs them to win

But they shall come, as shall those shells

In which unhallowed spirit dwells;

-Horcruxes!

Your task is now to other ways,

To end a spell of ancient days.

-But the Hallows and the Horcruxes will come later, first they have to end a spell

A curse once on your best-loved gift

Should start your thoughts in proper drift,

-The curse on Draco's globe thing should remind them

For why had hawk to take it on?

What stopped the wolf in days agone?

-They need to think about why Ron had to take it on, why Harry couldn't. Either Harry could have taken it on and they should realize that, ti's something to do with the new curse Harry has taken on (lupus), or Harry being a half blood is important. I think it's the third one.

But ere your thoughts can reach their peak,

The far-off Seeker must you seek.

-Krum!

Do watch him, yet do not mistrust,

For justice sometimes strikes unjust—

As you shall know when winter’s through,

For sorrow is not done with you.

-Be careful about Krum, but he's on the right side, and something's going to happen to him that he doesn't deserve? Maybe that it's going to look like he did something bad, and that it will cause a lot of sorrow, especially if they don't trust him?

Sleep not the year’s first night of care;

Of old safekeepings now beware;

-Something about Harry's dreams

For much has changed, though some’s the same,

And naught’s yet come of one old game.

Do what you must, wolf’s darling kit,

And shed no tears for doing it;

-wolf's darling kit could be Ginny if ti's refering to harry, or any of the cubs, if it's refering to Danger. I think the wolf is Harry, so Ginny's going to have to do something she doesn't want to

Save tears for those who hold you dear

And fall as seen by owlsight clear.

-Don't be sad, do what has to be done and save the grief for when Draco dies.

So help the new-turned nymph be brave

-Tonks? Or Luna when she turns spy? Or Amanda, because of that mystery about her? I think it's Luna, and she's going to need help being brave when she's "new-turned" because it's going to be right after Draco dies.

And save the one you’ve power to save,

For lion’s line continue must

Ere elder serpent’s fall to dust.

-save Harry, because he can be saved, and it's the only way to beat Voldemort.

Whew! I'm sure I missed a lot,and was wrong about a lot, but I think I got at least some of it. I've never tried to decipher the prophecies before, I always liked to be surprised, but I want another chapter as soon as possible, so i gave it a shot. Thanks for the chapter!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, if the statue can become a statue when a witch or wizard walks by and be a war memorial the rest of the time, maybe it can have Marcus when the Pack comes to see it and Harry when someone else does.

I was sad that the DA disappeared after book 5 as well. Yes, there will be more of them, more Amanda, and definitely more about the Sword!

You've got a lot of the prophecy nailed down. Keep reading!