Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Graham V posted a comment on Friday 17th October 2008 11:02am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Give me an effin break there is no way a domestic cat could ever ever ever take on a wolf. I know this is fantasy but give me a break. Its like saying if I let my 100 pound dog fight my 12 pound house cat the cat would win. Ridiculous to the extreme

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Back button is in the top left, Close is in top right. Thank you very much for your comment.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Wednesday 6th September 2006 11:36pm for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

an interesting and odd chapter - I am glad you had Letha talk somewhat seriously of the downsides of lupus also - but she did not mention one of the long term consequences which is mental deterioration - several close friend of my wife have severe lupus, and the constant pain and opportunistic illnesses have very definitely sapped their mental acuity - in one case probably by half. Let's not forget transmissability also - well over 60% of male children born to women with active lupus are mildly to moderately retarded.
No so-called protection against Voldie is worth that when the alternative is actually learning Occulomency.(spelling??)

This concept is really ruining the story for me - it has been horribly painful to watch the decline over the years and to see it deliberately inflicted, even to a fictional character, makes me ill.

There is no denying your writing or story telling skills, but this might be the last review I leave.

Maddie Potter posted a comment on Wednesday 6th September 2006 6:22pm for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

oh god, i can't wait any longer! i love this story!

i cannot WAIT until the next installment. i want to see how Harry gets to headquarters (sp?) ! :D

there are heaps of !!!!s huh?

Maddie Potter

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Wednesday 6th September 2006 10:23am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

I kind of like the extra explanation of the blood ritual that Remus wants to do with Harry.

The little duel was cool but kind of random and out of the blue.

I know I may be wrong but you have draco say he has only recently got his transformation and I'm sure he had done it in the previous story.

Write more I beg!

Monkey

Jim Spencer posted a comment on Wednesday 6th September 2006 3:41am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Please tell us Harry is not going to waste the entire year on Cho.

Another good chapter in an excellent series of stories. I have read only a handful of stories more than once but am working my way back through yours.

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Tuesday 5th September 2006 1:53pm for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

That was a good chapter. I'm glad that Letha talked to Harry a bit more about the ritual. That challenge between Harry and Hermione was really nicely done. I think I'm too bitter of a person to have accepted things as gracefully as Harry did. Eh. So, now Petunia knows about where Harry's been all this time and with who. By the way, I'm going to think of this chapter as a day late birthday present. Yay me. Cheers.

~Ivy

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 5th September 2006 8:34am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

This was a good chapter. Harry is learning to cope with being at the Durseley's. That is good. I'm glad family is checking up on him. It is making the time go faster. It is good that Hermione was able to win and for Harry to relearn the lesson he has learned before. I hope it sticks this time. That and I hope he sees Ginny soon. The sculpting is a good past time for her. I look forward to hearing more about that. Thanks for writing. pms

graup posted a comment on Tuesday 5th September 2006 7:18am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Good chapter. I was hoping you would rescue Harry during this chapter. Maybe it can be in the next one.

Interesting that you had Hermione win the Alpha contest. Good show, Hermione.

Also interesting that you had Draco keeping Harry company. I thought it might be a little red snow fox :)

Amamama posted a comment on Tuesday 5th September 2006 6:42am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Cool! Yay to Artisi!Ginny. I love it when our favourite witches and wizards are allowed to get creative. So kudos to you for giving Ginny some stress relieving clay.

Poor Harry - it's not easy to feel you're out of the loop and somebody else takes your place, but he seems to work it out nicely.

Sirius - "Thank you for the offer," he said unsteadily, resisting the urge to wipe his lips. Wait until she can’t see you. "But I’m afraid I’m not interested. Good night, Mam’selle." LOL!

Thanks for sharing!

Berte

PiperPaigePhoebe01 posted a comment on Tuesday 5th September 2006 6:12am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Hey! Just wanted to let you know on here that this chapter is really really great and I'll leave you a longer one when fanfiction.net stops being so messed up.

Great chapter, though. Can't wait for the next one!

PerfesserN posted a comment on Tuesday 5th September 2006 2:58am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Two more weeks with the Dursleys and Aunt Petunia is more complex than we ever thought. Sounds a lot like real life. Oh well, magic doesn't solve all problems, it just provides us with more problems to face.
I do enjoy reading the Danger series, its like visiting old friends and getting updated once every few weeks. Keep it up.
Norman

Stone Cold posted a comment on Tuesday 5th September 2006 1:37am for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Loving this as usual. Though, I'm not really happy with the following of JK's dumping on Harry. It seemed exceessive before, and it seems so now.

Especially with Albus being so..... manipulative. This Albus should at least do better than he did in the real book 5, but it seems like he's actually worse. Because of his closeness to the Pack, it seems like a worse betrayal of Harry.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 4th September 2006 8:17pm for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

The fight between Hermione and Harry was particularly good. I like how you keep emphasising that Harry doesn't have Divine Right of King Alphas but must earn his place. Good chapter. More please. I feel more and more sorry for Sirius.

Robert1 posted a comment on Monday 4th September 2006 7:14pm for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

I'm glad you pointed out the drawbacks of the blood bond with Remus in this chapter. I didn't mean to go on a rant in my previous review, but when you get a letter from your best friend that starts 'Six days ago I almost died...' you kinda get stuck on the idea that lupus is a Bad Thing.

kendiara posted a comment on Monday 4th September 2006 3:15pm for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Wheee!

First...ick ick poor Sirius I wonder if he gargled?

Second Go Hermione! whupping up on the boys is such a good thing sometimes :)

I really really hope that Harry doesn't go for the blood bond, while in some ways its good, I'm not sure if the bad would be worth it. Of course there is always the possibility that the symptoms wouldn't be as bad as Letha thinks. Of course Remus is going to be all hurt and whiny if Harry turns him down...

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 4th September 2006 1:59pm for Chapter 2: Challenging (Year 5)

Um, group?

Thanks for a great update! I needed a diversion after trying to get my own little pack off to bed, and this did the trick. More soon?