Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 31st March 2009 6:04am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Great chapter. I really like how you have finally got Ron and Hermione together. I thinks thats a really clever way to "fix" her.

Thanks for writing.
Monkey

PrayingForMercy posted a comment on Thursday 1st January 2009 1:59pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

On the good ship, Lollipop..
Back to school.

I'm so glad Hr/R is finally happening!

simons_flower posted a comment on Tuesday 14th October 2008 7:41pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

I just need to let you know that I've stayed up way too late several nights in the last couple weeks reading the Dangerverse series (the main stories, not the AUs to the AU or the extras). In that respect, damn you! And, on the other hand, damn you for getting me hooked!

I thought I'd just find something to read because I was tired of rereading a few of my favorites. Then you totally drew me in because I'm a sucker for Harry being raised by Remus and/or Sirius.

And now that I've caught up to you, I'm stuck. Please write more soon.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Does that make me double-damned? Thank you for the compliments. Another chapter should be forthcoming today, actually. Hope you enjoy!

piltad posted a comment on Friday 10th October 2008 6:55pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Well darn have finally caught up to you I won't lie to you I hate reading stories that are works in progress because I can't wait at all very inpatient...

But more about your story you are truly gifted I have read almost every story at SIYE (wish you would of posted that there so could of found you sooner) and you are in my top 3 best authors would say your number one but you haven't finished yet. While I do think you have flaws nobody is perfect I think your story is as close as perfection as you can get.

You do know how to build a story there is no doubt about that but one trap that a lot of authors fall into is they can't kill off any characters while it might seem strange but to me that really does tick me off reading about a perfect little world with a war going on and nobody dying that is a main char you on the other hand have already proven your not going to let a few flames get to you but actually do what you think your story needs which is awesome.

You also have created as close to an AU that I have ever read. I know that you went back and did grab some plot lines from JK but you have gone about it in a completely different way which really does show off all your talent and I love that. (Though won't lie didn't like Ginny not getting the diary) To me that shows true talent you don't need to pull things from others (published or not) to actually create a story. (to me also shows can expect great things from you outside of fan fic if you applied your self)

To me the Dangerverse is the most complete AU I have ever read. And shows its not just you playing in the HP universe that making us all read (which a lot of people rely on) but rather your skill as an author if you have some original non HP or CC Lewis work would love to read it. While I could go on and get more in depth and gush about your story it is getting late and need to go to bed. Though will say you have hooked yourself another reader hope you update soon.

Till next time,
Tad

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Wow!

I accidentally turned off my review alert, so missed all your reviews until right now. Thank you for reviewing along the way, and for telling me both what you did like and what you didn't--a lot of reviewers go only one route or the other. I don't necessarily like hearing what people didn't enjoy about my writing, but I need to hear it. Thank you also for the compliments. They make me very happy.

I don't always update as quickly as I wish I could, but I am doing my best. I do have a lot of plans for originals, and will keep my fanfic readers updated on them. I have written one piece of CS Lewis fanfic, a response to the ship from the Prince Caspian movie, and it's here under my Narnia tab. Also a crossover between HP canon, Dangerverse, and Narnia that I really, really need to update. Other than that, I'm not sure I'd dare.

Thank you again for all the nice things you've said, and for the suggestions/complaints--I won't improve without them! I hope to update soon and make everybody happy; until then, cheers!

Hannah3 posted a comment on Friday 26th September 2008 9:14am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

So... was Hermione raped? Or "just" molested?

kittykat91419 posted a comment on Tuesday 16th September 2008 3:59pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Okay, so I'm finally caught up. I will be absolutely and completely dismayed if you continue with the plan to kill Draco. That said, I've seen this series recommended countless times, and I think it's true. Danger is a little beyond believable, and Aletha has rather few talents, by comparison, but they have enough genuine flaws that they don't, in my opinion, fall in to the realm of a Mary-Sue or God-mode character. The balance of adult characters is generally pretty good, as well. You've given a good reason for the behaviors that show up in the kids, and I'm truly impressed by how many original ideas I'm seeing. Keep up the good work.

hitokirichapin posted a comment on Thursday 11th September 2008 7:55am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

I've read all the stories so far and i have to say....wow. Great work. I have two questions though....

1) Why does Harry continue to trust Dudley when its obvious everytime he helps him something bad happens?

2) Why dont they just kill Lucius and get rid of him already? I hope that when he does die he has a terrible death.

Prongsie posted a comment on Friday 5th September 2008 8:49pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

After having re-read the entirety of FD, I believe myself now capable of following the story again :D Or at least capable of following some of the storylines without going 'huh? When did that happen?' ;)

Right: good job, Ron! Hermione deserved something after all she'd been through (good job to you by the way for being able to paint her like that, most 'less able' fanfic-writers would've had her right like rain after everything). Do I sense a kiss or a 'we need to talk' coming up? I hope so! :)

Let's hope Moldy-Voldy has one hell of a headache, 's only fair really. Though I do seem to reach the conclusion that whatever he did to those poor girls only made sure they were even more anti-Voldemort and even happier with those who surround them (if that makes any sense at all). So, his little plan might not have had the consequences he was hoping for.

I was wondering about that second scroll of prophecy (the ones Harry had copied): will it be important? Has somebody managed to find it, someone who wasn't supposed to know about those prophecies? And what has happened to Kreacher? Haven't heard of/from him in a while (I think :P)...

Anyway, I'm (as usual) patiently waiting for the next chapter, so take your time, make sure it's a really long chapter (please?), and post please :)

Prongsie

irishdaddy0204 posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd September 2008 11:08am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

OK I startedreadng from the beginning of the series last week and could not stop. I am now totally addicted to the "Dangerverse" and you can't stop anytime soon. Just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed this so far. I do have to say I was worried when Ginny was bitten (remembering the prophesy) and I'm really worried bout what will happen to Neenie ut I am excited all the same !!!

Lesa posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd September 2008 9:06am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

One word: awww!

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd September 2008 7:03am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

This is quite an interesting chapter. I understand Harry's need to strike out at Voldemort. I just hope he hasn't caused more problems than he has solved. Or at least tried to solve. I am so glad that Maya's family is with the pride and the pack. I am so sorry that Hermione has to suffer from being the one carrying the curse. At least she won't transform if I understand correctly. I am so glad that Ron flew to her room and that she was awake and could accept him. That is great and a step toward Ron and Hermione getting together. Thanks for writing. pms

Lynn Terald posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd September 2008 1:02am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Alright, I still have my hair. That was a very good chapter. It certainly cleared up a few questions and ended at a choice moment that makes me want to read more.

Thank you for updating so quickly. Please don't make us wait a month and a half for the update!!!!

callie posted a comment on Monday 1st September 2008 11:50pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

woo!!! go ron!

tangentsferret posted a comment on Monday 1st September 2008 10:30pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Yay, you did it! Thank you for the chapter!

This one was interesting: for some reason I found myself fixating on a seemingly insignificant bit of business. When Letha is asking Moony about the night he was bitten, and Wolf offers to leave, Wolf "starts to get to his paws". Now, this actually threw me out of the story briefly, as it struck me as a very odd phrase. I sat there staring at it for thirty seconds or so, until I realized what was hitting my Weird Button: the phrase usually reads "get to his feet", and since Wolf *has* feet, why use "paws"? It took me another minute to decide that it had been done deliberately to emphasize that it was Wolf rather than Harry who was there right then, and then about another thirty seconds to decide it was terribly clever of you and I quite liked it. Then I went back to being immersed in the story.

So I guess the point is, yay for literary cleverness, and boo for anything whatsoever that breaks the chain of the storytelling.

Please also be aware that I am reading (and reviewing) this *very* early in my "morning": I'm not usually even awake yet, and haven't finished my caffeine. Therefore I may be in snarly nitpick mode and may have expressed myself with less grace and empathy, and more snark, than I would normally prefer. Sorry 'bout that. (grumps off for a bigger mug)

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 1st September 2008 8:01pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Love your philosophy of the werewolf curse. The description of the night after Moony was bitten was particularly good.

That was rather what I was expecting Harry to do, if in a smaller way, and thoroughly enjoyable too. Interesting that Voldemort views love as weakness and poison. Excellent scenes with Dumbledore etc too.

Loved the way that Ron is mad that he isn't thought of and yet he's the one that can help her most. Lovely final scene. Poor Neenie. More please.

mykakal posted a comment on Monday 1st September 2008 7:26pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Very nice chapter.
I agree with Kiten's reactions and feelings.

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Monday 1st September 2008 7:18pm for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Hurrah, Ron and Hermione! I hope Ron remembers to actually break up with Lavender...Has Hermione actually explained everything that happened before the spell was broken? Anyway, hopefully this will start her healing. Go Harry, giving Voldie a lovely migraine. Aletha's conclusions about the curse part of lycanthropy were very interesting, and a relief of course for Hermione and Maya. And Harry's image of hius parents, Narcissa and Hagrid playing cards in their next great adventure - lovely thought.

Claire1 posted a comment on Monday 1st September 2008 11:45am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Awesome chapter. Loved what you did with the characters, especially Hermione's distrust of men and the solution only he could come up with. I also liked what you did with Harry's revenge on Voldemort.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 1st September 2008 11:35am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

Awwww. That was really nice! Thanks for the rapid-fire updates ~

Anthony May posted a comment on Monday 1st September 2008 10:57am for Chapter 34: Love Hurts (Arc 6)

As always, masterful. Thank you.