Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Contrition posted a comment on Sunday 25th June 2017 8:57pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

Well, I had remembered that this is the worst chapter you had written thus far. So many Bad Things... and so many characters involved... and poor Sirius :( That's probably the worst Bad Thing yet, I think.

Okay. At least I don't have an actual cliffhanger this time, because the next chapter has long since been written. Off to the better things! (I hope.)

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd June 2011 6:27am for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

Yes that was really BAD things. On the other hand it was a fantastic chapter. Loved this chapter. So cruel and yet so brilliant.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Tuesday 26th April 2011 12:01pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

Bad Things. You weren't kidding. Can these Bad Things be undone, at all? Damn Magic, always having to follow the Letter, rather than the Spirit, of a Vow. Poor, Poor Sirius and Letha.

LynnTerald posted a comment on Friday 21st January 2011 9:12pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

*evil grin* It's still as fantastic as I remember. Excellent writing and stringing along of the drama. I'd say flame the author for the cliff-hanger you left us with, but I've been known to do that from time to time so that would be kinda hipocritical of me. As to the "Bad Things"...:]...I don't have to wonder. You've already given us the answer of what will become of Sirius and Aletha and even the date of when things might be better for everyone. All one has to do is look to the very beginning and they might be able to see it. The only thing you haven't done is actually tell us how those things transpire and whether or not Sirius and/or Aletha will have use of their magic and I very much look forward to finding out how those things come to pass.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Cliffhangers are how writers keep their audience under control. Well done, to remember that one dated story! I shall try to tell you how they happen as soon as I can. Incidentally, your other review went through...

LynnTerald posted a comment on Friday 21st January 2011 8:39pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

Is it bad that while reading this chapter I wanted to dance and squeal for joy? That reaction might have something to do with an energy drink that I consumed while reading this thing, or it could be that I am really happy that you finally got the next chapter out, or a mix of those two things. Overall, though, that doesn't diminish the fact that the chapter wasn't nearly as bad as you might think it is in the way of "Bad Things" especially when you've practically already told us what was going to happen at the beginning of the entire series in almost chapter One, in fact. I may not want bad things to happen to these characters, but it makes the story far richer and no one has died yet (of the characters that I really, really like anyhow).

Well, here goes: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Ok, I'm done with the fan girl squealing now and I can't wait for the next chapter. Now all I have to do is wait...darn...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Only a little bit bad, but be careful with those energy drinks. Also be careful with trusting authors. They do all kinds of tricky things.

the_elusive_snitch posted a comment on Friday 21st January 2011 4:09pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

Yay, Anne's back with a new chapter. Boo, she mind-wiped Aletha and turned Sirius into a dog with little more magic than Mrs. Figg. I did like though how you demonstrated with Ginny and Ron's rescue that the best laid plans never survive the first encounter with the battlefield.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yep, and they got everybody out alive so it still doesn't count as a disaster. It wasn't good either, but that's war. As for Aletha and Sirius... there are reasons, my friend, there are always reasons. Keep reading. No, seriously, keep reading. By the time you get this reply there should be a new chapter.

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Thursday 20th January 2011 8:44am for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

I was going to try and write a really long and detailed review but all I can think of to say is arghhhh.
Okay, so Percy and co have been rescued, good. Ron standing up to Dolohov, excellent. Ron's eyes, not so excellent. Sirius and Letha - well, arghh again. And I would like to know what Draco is planning, and whether Danger will get to Sirius and Letha and help them, and oh, lots more questions, so please please update soon...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Here, have some anti-arghhhh. In the form of "I promise, everybody will be together again at some point fairly soon in story-time". Draco is planning to help Harry get through the tough time ahead of him, and yes, Danger will get to them. Help is more problematic...

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Thursday 20th January 2011 7:54am for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

Hey, I'm still reading this and enjoying it when I can. Although, I was wondering when you would get around to updating again.

Your terrible things in this chapter are just that...TERRIBLE.
BUT, hopefully, you will succeed in making them good again.

Can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks. 8)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, terrible is the word. But also fun. I shall try to update more often and make things better!

Mistress of Potions posted a comment on Wednesday 19th January 2011 11:38pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

I am definitely still reading this, although I have to admit that your Bad Things were worse than I'd thought they'd be. Much more looking forward to your making them good again.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Sorry about that... oh wait, no I'm not.

Kathleen posted a comment on Wednesday 19th January 2011 11:25pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

I'm still reading! But oh what terrible things have happened! I hope you can fix them....

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, I can. Or rather the characters can. You shall see...

frostbyte posted a comment on Wednesday 19th January 2011 12:28pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

I was waiting sooooo long for this next chapter, even with all the Bad Things to come. while the Sirius-Letha thing wasn't happy to read about, I knew you were going to use the vows at some point. Even though Things were Bad, very well written.

and, what exactly happened to Ron's eyes? I know Divexare oculi is Latin for "To tear the eyes" (that's what 6 years of Latin'll do for ya), but I'm having trouble figuring out whether they were messed up or literally torn out. which would most definitely be a Bad Thing.

can't wait for the next chapter!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

They weren't torn out, but they are very messed up. It's not pretty. And since it's Dark magic... I do love JKR for coming up with that one. We'll see what happens. Pun only somewhat intended.

kendiara posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 9:07pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

If at the end you do anything worse than Tomb of the Heroes...we might have to hunt you down :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

At the end... I don't plan to. But before the end, there's gonna be lots of pain.

carolebear posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 8:59pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

*sniff* That was a total downer. I know that Bad Things happen in war, but it almost seems that Worse Things happen in a magical war. I'm not surprised that it took so long to get this one out - I wouldn't have wanted to write this one either. I will take comfort in some of your other review replies that even though bad things will continue for a while, there will be good things eventually. And as Prongsie said, Danger's wild magic is still in play. Question - if Sirius can't do magic anymore, how is he Padfoot? Or is he just a dog?

I will admit to having a hard time keeping some of these new people straight, especially Grace Smythe. She is Amanda's mother, yes?

I'm working my way back through the main DV series, and I have to tell you, Anne, that if you had written this before JKR, I would totally throw rocks at her stories! I know that you used them as a springboard, but wow, you certainly write a gripping tale.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Working backwards: WOW. Thank you so very, very much. Yes, Grace is Amanda's mother. Sirius was transformed by the DEs after he hexed Aletha and lost his magic. Good things will indeed happen eventually, and some as soon as next chapter, though they may not seem good at first! And once again, THANK YOU!

Starqueg2 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 7:36pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

I'm so glad to see an update for this story. I was in the midst of re-reading from the first story, and only a few chapters away from the end when the update came out. I love this universe, and can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Me neither! No, just kidding. I'll try and write it soon. Thanks for reading, and for rereading!

TheAndyman777 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 2:49pm for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

... HOW COULD YOU *cries*

Why Sirius? first you give Drace an expiration date, then you go and make Voldie force Sirius to use magic against Letha. This really upsets me, that you could be so cruel. Who's next hmm?

On the plus side, excellent work again. I'd been waiting for this next chapter to come out, and detoured to your other works for a while, reading Be Careful in about 2 days and Return Of The Aurors in a few hours. Seriously good work there :)

So yeah, you are mean, but your work is awesome. keep up the awesome, not the mean.

with thanks
Andy

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Who's next? Well, really, everybody. War is not nice and bad things happen to people. But there will be lots of good stuff to happen along with the bad, and some of it is going to be seriously awesome (if I do say so myself) so keep your eyes open for that!

tangentsferret posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 10:29am for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

(vast wave of sympathetic affection for the poor author trapped by the Plot Juggernaut)(not the stupid comic character, the original Indian-sub-continent wheeled inexorable Juggernaut, but you knew that, didn't you?)

If it helps at all, you wrote what you didn't want to write really well.

I have a job! I wanted something simple, near home and part time, that wouldn't take up too much of my time and energy: so of course I ended up with a complex demanding deeply interesting job working with people I can actually have an intelligent conversation with forty minutes from home that has mandatory overtime. Sigh. Nothing ever happens by halves in my life.

Glad to see you! Thank you for not wandering off into the Great Beyond!

Now I am running behind schedule and must hurriedly get ready for work. (scurries off)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ahh jobs. We need them and yet how horrible they are. Mine is the reason I haven't been writing lately... but meh. It pays the bills. Good luck with yours and I'll try to pry a bit more of my life out of mine!

callie posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 9:54am for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

very interesting,
i'm assuming Mare is actually Aletha obliviated and the dog is sirius, aletha can still do magic but doesnt know it and sirius cant and knows it but cant tell her cause he's a dog...
Can't wait for the next chapter!!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You are absolutely correct, well done ma'am! More to come as soon as I can get it done!

joy! posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 7:19am for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

(Don't worry, I'm sure everyone is still reading this.)
I can't decide whether to hug you or to scream at you. This chapter should be ideally labelled 'BAD THINGS' in blinking green neon letters, preferably attached to a siren.
Anyway, great chapter, and I definitely hope to see your resolution coming true :D

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Lots of people are apparently still reading, and that makes me ever so happy. If you can find some way to get the siren and the big green letters attached to the stories, go for it!

HGRHfan35 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 6:34am for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

As soon as I saw the title....I knew I was going to love to hate it! :)

Think can't get any worse and if they can, I do not want you to tell me.
From here on of, I want to see the Good side striking back at the Dark side and however Star Warsy that may sound.....go for it Anne!

And how aptly Aletha's new name has been chosen. And what a sad thing for Sirius to live through. *sniff*

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I'll tell you anyway that it gets slightly worse, but only slightly, and of the "Ron reacts badly" type. And yes, Good is about to strike back. It will be fun.

Prongsie posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 4:06am for Chapter 46: Worse than Death (Year 6)

Oh God... I feel so sorry for Sirius and Aletha! But I'm sure you'll figure out SOMETHING to help them out (after all, Danger still has her own role to play...) Anyway, I'm very glad you broke the writer's block, so go back to writing you ;)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, yes she does, and there are surprises to be found yet...