Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd June 2011 6:57am for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

The irony is very annoying but that was a fantastic twist. It also explains where Meghan's powers come from very neatly.

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Wednesday 16th March 2011 11:14pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

I like Surpassing Danger. Nice choice!
Is Aletha going to recover her memories? Maybe she can heal herself.

carolebear posted a comment on Wednesday 9th February 2011 12:23am for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Finally, Good Things are beginning to happen. I know there may be more Bad Things, but this chapter was sorely needed (by me at least). Of course it was Molly who tok the wards off Ron’s door; why didn't I think of her in the first place? Cause I am not the brilliant author, that's why! Love the possibilities that they are considering (and I thought it was very funny when Ron tried to move Neenie when he was using her eyes). I don’t blame Hermione for being upset with Molly for "using" her, but I agree with Kendiara: "you’ll get it when you have kids."

I’m still worried about Harry in the house with the Dursleys. What’s to prevent Dudley, junior DE, from ratting out Harry’s location to Moldywarts?

*sigh* Danger made it to the estate (I did so love the ‘helping hand" that Alex provided). Have we ever heard of a Gubraithian Fire Charm before? And she is in communication with Sirius, at least. I feel so much more hopeful than I did before. Ooh, here's a thought, can Danger reach Letha in a dream? Will Letha be able to remember her dreams when she awakens? Did the Memory Charm wipe out her subconscious memory, too? I'm afraid you are going to say yes, but this could give her some important information, if she can carry it into waking. Even if they don't tell her who she is, maybe they can get across how she can use the pendants to communicate with Sirius. Can Sirius still use his, since he is no longer magical? So glad she figured out how to use that so useful gift for sending that bastard Rabastan into oblivion; the house-elves are even willing to help cover for her. Most of them are so nice, like the ones helping Evanie. And I do remember Meghan using her gift to shock people into letting her go.

Hmm. Surpassing Danger. I think I like it; certainly more than Surviving Danger. As with all of your titles, it has multiple meanings. Layers upon layers. Once again, thanks for the Good Things chapter. I am now more mentally able to handle the next set of Bad Things the brilliant, evil authoress thinks up. Happy writing!

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Tuesday 8th February 2011 3:59am for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Oh, I like "Surpassing Danger" _so_ much better than the previous three.

This segment was a bit of a treat, or at least a relief from all the bad stuff in the previous two. "Least said, soonest mended," goes the proverb. And you put so many words into the bad stuff, it's probably going to take a lot of mending.

I like Harry's idea a lot. Something even better than Mad-eye's mad eye? This should be worth reading about!

Damn it! Now I have to go back and read n x 100,000 words of previous story, Living With, Living Without, Dealing, and the first 48 chapters of Facing, just to find those anvils and lesser clues. Oh well, it should be worth it.

And I still have to reread "Be Careful" all at one go so I don't get premises confused with DV Main as I read it.

Work, work, work...

the_elusive_snitch posted a comment on Monday 7th February 2011 1:20pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Another great chapter Anne, definitely more hopeful than the previous ones. As far as the title issue, I won't restate or vote for my previous submission, but I will weigh in on Surpassing Danger. To me this title sounds like they're going into something worse, something surpassing danger. I may be wrong, but I'd think you'd want to finish out the series with something that sounds a little more hopeful for future of Pack and Pride alike.

callie posted a comment on Sunday 6th February 2011 11:04pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Yay!!!! Ron's not sulking, Harry and Draco are planning, and Danger is getting ready to save everyone!!!
as for letha being Heir of Ravenclaw i always thought it was her!!!
Surpassing Danger is good i like it... it sounds better than my surviving danger... i think i flows better
very good chapter, can't wait for another!!!

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 10:26pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Way to go....Great chapter.

I'm glad that Ron has, finally, woken up to himself and decided to rejoin life (even with the help of Neenie).

Cheers to Aletha on her treatment of Rabastan and to Sirius for his, possible, way out of her memory loss.

Dudley's lies to his parents are not unexpected. He seems to be the classic 'Death Eater in training', causing untruths and paranoia.

As for the title of the next story....Surpassing Danger is not a bad title. What ever you choose, I am going to read the story anyway.

Can't wait for chapter 50. Thankyou for writing this great series. :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ron just needed to be reminded that he's not the only person suffering here. As for Dudley... he has his ambitions, as he always has, and is furthering them at the moment. More to come on that.

AwesomelyMoi posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 9:33pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

wow...and here i was thinking that Sirius was the Heir because of Be Careful.
awesome work!!! thanks for updating so often, and i think Surpassing Danger is pretty cool :D

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Things that are the case in the AUs aren't always the case in the main stories. In BC, I needed Cecy to be a Healer, so it made sense for the Blacks to have the line of descent.

DarkAngel666 posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 5:24pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

I really like that title! I just wish i'd thought of it first. :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Don't we all. :-)

Anansii posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 5:05pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Do I get the impression that that memory charm is going to last about 5 seconds after Aletha finds out about it? Meanwhile, we have the possibility of Ron, the twins and maybe Mad Eye Mooney involved in a project. This bodes interesting.

Surpassing Danger works for me!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Sirius did better work than he wishes he had on the memory charm, if only to save both their lives. But there is still hope. I think you'll like the project. Interesting is a good word for it.

LynnTerald posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 12:53pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

I don't know whether or not to shriek in rage or glee. On the one hand Aletha has picked up a new skill, Danger has arrived, and Ron has regained his hope and is even working towards the possibility of getting his sight back. On the other, Harry and Draco are stuck in a house with a possible DE recruit who has his parents dancing to his every whim. That particular situation has me on pins and needles especially since I never liked the Dursleys in the first place and I seriously mistrust them now more than ever.

As to the title...I don't know. I like it, but i don't. Its a strange combination i know. i like it in that it implies that Danger survives the war and that Harry and Co. will survive as well (still looking for the loophole for Draco). I also like it for the fact that the title seems to imply that Harry and Co. will-inelegantly put-outgrow the need for Danger's help and the need for the Pack Parents to protect them all the time and I like the fact that the title implies that thy will be strong enough to take car of themselves as well as other people. I suppose I don't like it in that it doesn't quite fit with what I think the last story will be about. Other than that, i have no complaints and if that's going to be the title then I suppose that I will just get over myself and be proven wrong and that the title really does match the story.

Now, on the matter of Draco. I don't care how many of Luna's visions and Danger's prophecies have come true, a vision is not the truth until it happens. Fate or whoever the three sisters are have been wrong before, I'm sure. life is like that, nothing is ever set in stone until it happens (or until its written as the case may be).

As far as Amanda goes, that's been bugging me for a while. Is she a spirit sent from the past to rectify a wrong, a descendant of someone who's lines were cursed, or a spirit from the future sent to prevent a wrong? The one I'm leaning towards is the second. I think I can sort of see how Draco would get caught in the crossfire breaking the spell for her and how Luna wouldn't understand why and "hate" him for it. I remember one of your side fics that takes place after the main story line and I'm using that one to base my assumptions off of, but then there was that other wedding one and that one made me grin like stupid and hope I was wrong with the first guess. If the wedding one is the actual one then I will be quite happy to sit back and see how the triangle unfolds and how the vision is wrong and how I'm wrong.

And bow that you have thoroughly distracted me from my work, i shall endeavor to return to it so that I can start combing back through the stories for those anvil sized hints about Aletha and wonder how I missed those when others were glaringly obvious to me.

Oh, and Hermione hit it right on the head when she said she was angry with Molly, but understood her reasons for doing so. I was miffed with her when I read that part, but Hermione's view of it took the sting out of that feeling.

Great writing and I shall look forward to more in the coming weeks.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Harry and Draco will be okay. For the moment. As for Surpassing Danger, try thinking of it in terms of "this danger is greater than all others that we have ever been in" as well as the cubs growing up and gaining powers of their own that surpass what Danger does for them. Amanda is a difficult case to explain, but you have several of the pieces already. She's not from the future, at any rate. The hints about Aletha were hidden in the fact that she has official training as a Healer.

Thorfinna posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 12:30pm for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Brilliant chapter as always, but I really logged in to say that 'Surpassing Danger' is PERFECT. Kudos to the one who thought of that.

In the back of my head I always kind of thought it might be Aletha who was the Ravenclaw Heir and not Sirius so that's cool.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I'll make sure she knows. She's going to be appearing in the DV as a bit character as my thanks. And good spotting with that--if you go back and look, you'll probably find all the references to Aletha having "the magic touch" which got you thinking that way...

allii posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 9:17am for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Only moderately kinky Ron? I'm disappointed in you....

I'm so glad the writers block has lifted, and we're seeing how the bad things will come - if not good, then at least better for now.

Also I love some good Ron and Hermione interaction, so this chapter is fabulous for that alone!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Eh, he's been hurt and he's worried about Neenie. Let him be. And I love it too, so glad you liked!

kendiara posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 9:10am for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

/hehe I had this flash of the chapter title being "%!@$ the Death Eaters...and the Shoes!"

Chapter Title is awesome sauce, and truthfully as long as you like it, that's the big thing.

Aletha isn't surprising, but interesting ...going to be very interesting :) Hermione is so mature in ways, but gee-bus she has a thing about being manipulated. Which is hysterical to me after some of the stuff they have pulled on each other, the adults, the bad guys ect. All I could think of in response to the strong/ruthless comment was "you'll get it when you have kids." She might figure it out before then but for sure after.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I have the giggles very much over your proposed title. And Hermione will figure out shortly that she's not really angry, she was just miffed in the moment.

Prongsie posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 8:46am for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Go Letha for kicking some Death Eater's you-know-what! And I had been wondering about those Ravenclaw connections... Good on her :)

I understand where Molly's coming from, but it's not really fair to Hermione... Still, I suppose some good came out of it, so good job Hermione and Ron :) Wonder why Harry doesn't just go 'walking' to see through the walls?

And just as a 'by the way': I like Surpassing Danger, no need to change it on my account ;)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Harry doesn't go "walking" because it takes preparation, it might count as magic for the purposes of the Trace, and it could be dangerous if he slipped outside the house's wards... but also because he, and I, didn't think of it. Good catch there.

Dangams posted a comment on Saturday 5th February 2011 6:18am for Chapter 49: What Once Was Lost (Year 6)

I vastly approve of the line 'Snarling something moderately kinky about what he’d do with them after he found them'. Most amusing.
Also, yay for Ron with NeenieVision! And yay for cunning cubs!
Hmm. I didn't realise that the Ravenclaw power could have a direct offensive use. Interesting.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I had such fun writing that line. And Meghan's painshocked people before, though only to annoy. Aletha did a tad bit more than that.