Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd June 2011 7:07am for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Ahhh that was deliberate entanglement of Aletha's wits. I really hope you can sort Ron's eyes out because leaving him permanently blind would be too cruel. Wonderful as always.

carolebear posted a comment on Thursday 17th February 2011 11:34pm for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

I was so excited to see the update Sunday night (Monday morning, actually, because I went to bed early since I had to be up at the crack of dawn for school). Glad you had a nice visit, but I will admit to being selfish enough that I was grateful for the update. I’m definitely loving the weekly updates — so glad you got past that dreaded writer’s block when the Bad Things were happening.

I notice that Danger slipped up and almost called Mare "Aletha" (Uh—Mare, what is it?) This chapter was really hard to read. All the clues are there, but Mare refuses to let herself acknowledge it. This line said it all, "The more she wants it, the more she’ll fight against it, because she wouldn’t think it was right."

And Sirius thinking about bad things happening made me giggle, just a little. Not a lot, because this was really kind of a sad chapter, but at this point in the war, I’ll take the levity where I can. And I keep remembering the Scarlet Pimpernel whenever I hear about Percy now. Gee, I wonder what he is planning? And what does Sirius mean about his pendants, that he "used to have a set of his own"? I thought no one could take them from him by force, or does that not apply now that he has lost his magic? Did the pendants go away?

This situation with Mare is going to drive me crazy, because she is drawing the wrong conclusions, and there’s not much they can do to correct them, because I think she’s planning on keeping it all to herself. She obviously thinks that wolf Danger is Sirius’ wife, trapped in another dog form. What will she do when Danger transforms back to human, or would that be too dangerous (no pun intended) for Danger?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, Danger's known Aletha for most of her life. It's hard to suddenly call her a different name. Sirius still has his pendants, but they won't respond to him at the moment because he doesn't have any magic to control them. Danger isn't going to transform back at the moment, because Aletha/Mare responded badly to her when they met, so she's going to try her wolf form's charm. See next chapter for how well that's working...

lwj2 posted a comment on Wednesday 16th February 2011 11:35pm for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Ma'am, this is excellent -- I've just finished the series up to this chapter.

I like what you've done, it's has great pacing, moves well and is tightly written.

Thank you, I'm very much looking forward to reading more.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thank you! Glad you found me, and I'll try to keep you interested!

AwesomelyMoi posted a comment on Wednesday 16th February 2011 6:57am for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Oh. My. God. That, I think, is good enough to describe this chapter. Maybe it was just me, not reading properly and every detail of the last chapter, but I really thought that they were all back in the Den, safe and sound. Which turned out to not be the case, but I almost started crying when I read the bit about Letha in the Den, and when they all returned to the Death Eater base. I really can't wait to read the next chapter. I've never looked forward to your updates more =D

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Sorry. They wish, but not yet! It may still happen, though...

Kathleen posted a comment on Tuesday 15th February 2011 5:06pm for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

What a great way to end it! I was so, so afraid she was going to realize who she was and freak out. But this! Omg! What a beautiful twist (and how terrible!)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, she'll be freaking out any day now. Stay tuned!

Serendipity posted a comment on Tuesday 15th February 2011 8:47am for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Okay. To start. I know this is a book that's actually relatively appropriate for children, but still. Is there something wrong with the fact that I find Alex Slytherin incredibly sexy? :D

On to business. This is utterly horrific. I used to be worried about how you were going to make a happy ending if/when you kill off Draco. Now we have Moony, Sirius, AND Aletha to worry about? Cruel, lady, just cruel. I wish I could somehow be certain that Sirius is going to get his magic back, and Aletha her memories, and Moony get up and walk calmly and authoritatively into headquarters. Ron being blind is sad, but manageable. But Draco?

Come on, now, redeeming him just to destroy him AND Luna? Sad, sad, sad. I'm still hoping you'll let them find some way around that one. Puh-LEAZE?

...all that whining aside, you have managed to create a fascinating universe with wonderful and unique characters, and I love the way your mind works. Even though I'm pulling for a happy ending where ALL the major characters come through it alive (and how often does THAT happen), whatever you choose to do, I know you'll do it very very well.

I'm just hoping it doesn't make me cry too badly.

Cheers,
~*~LIZ (aka TheGoldenSeraphim)

P.S. I'm aware this makes little sense, but I was woken after only 2 hours sleep this morning by a mob of angry kittens. Please excuse my terrible grammar/train of thought/flow/etc. :D

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hey, honey, who do you think that lady in his portrait in the Hogwarts Den is based on? *wink wink* Cruelty is a specialty of the house. As for the happy ending... also a specialty. And it made plenty of sense. Angry kittens? I didn't know that was possible!

callie posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 6:18pm for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

hmmm interesting....
if only Letha wasn't so set in her ways... but then i guess she wouldn't really be letha if she weren't...
loved it as always!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

True enough. We love her just the way she is.

the_elusive_snitch posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 2:46pm for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Oh, that was almost too mean of a angle there at the end, for Letha to twist the information and come to the wrong conclusion that the wolf isn't Danger. At this rate she's going to rationalize herself out of her own life so well she'll never remember who she is... or believe it if she does.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, she'll believe it, but she's going to insist on factual proof rather than "trust your feelings" stuff. That's something of a pet peeve of mine, because feelings can sometimes be wrong... but I'm not going to fuss about it here.

LynnTerald posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 2:41pm for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

*twitch,twitch,twitch* It was only the logical conclusion to this chapter, the natural thought that she would have if she were trying to deny that she actually was the wife/sister whom she hasn't met yet. But...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

It still makes me twitch and scream.

And am I sensing you setting something up to indicate that Sirius might be able to get his magic back? One ability lost to find another, wounded, and, though they were two, they became one. Hmmmmmm...Guess we'll find out. Best V-Day ever thanks to this :D

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Wow, that went right off the edge of the screen... I can't tell what I'm typing in the response!

Prongsie posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 12:05pm for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Well.... Wow :D It was GREAT! Yay for Danger figuring out how to reach her friends, even though Letha is resisting a bit... She's doing great as well, by the way, what with all the weird stuff being thrown her way. If I were her, I'd've run screaming the other way the first time I noticed something strange. Luckily I'm not her and she's not me, coz you wouldn't have a lot of story that way :)

How's Remus doing by the way?

Great update, story, saga, everything :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, Aletha is pretty resilient, though as you've noticed she's also resistant to certain ploys. Remus is... not responding. But he's not getting any worse either. Danger is going to have a freakout about it soon.

warthog1984 posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 10:59am for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

SWING... and a miss. You just love making the Marauders suffer, don't you?

FWIW, you may be happy to know that the Dangerverse has introduced several people to theater in general and at least 2 to G&S and other works featured here.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I will admit to some evil pleasure in causing suffering. And yes, I am happy to know that I'm sharing my love of theater and G&S with my readers. In a world such as JKR created, one without TV or the Internet, people have to entertain themselves...

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 8:46am for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Oh Letha...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, Uh-Letha. Pronunciation is important. (You let yourself in for that one.)

Dangams posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 5:22am for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Yay for another chapter!
Poor Aletha, getting confused about what's what. :( But yay for her working out how to speak to Sirius. :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Aletha will work things out eventually. Not easily, maybe, but she will get there.

Anansii posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 2:06am for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Now how long is it going to take Sirius to figure out what's going wrong with THIS courtship... The plot thickens (I just hope it doesn't scorch).

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I'm pretty good at keeping plots from scorching. Curdling is another matter...

kendiara posted a comment on Monday 14th February 2011 12:38am for Chapter 50: What Now Is Found (Year 6)

Yay! Wow yeah tangled webs :) And even if Sirius is smarter and older and sneakier, he's still a man and therefore not going to figure this out until its waaay to late :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Gotta love Sirius' maleness, as annoying as it is.