Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd February 2011 12:45am for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

Dudley does seem to be an interesting piece of work. He has some evil plans in the works there.

I loved the idea Harry and Ron has about Harry's glasses. Should be an advantage. (Although anything at this point, would be an advantage.)

Waiting for the next update.

Anansii posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 7:04pm for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

Oh my, is Dudley really contemplating THAT spell? He really is a nasty piece of work, isn't he?

Otherwise, things seem to be moving along nicely...

Kathleen posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 6:46pm for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

Happy president's day! I'm stuck at work, so it was nice to have something to read! There's nothing going on here!
I doubt Sirius will tell her...or will he??

swhitehouse posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 2:37pm for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

Another great update, well worth the time spent catching up on the story. I have the uneasy feeling that Dudley is going to try to kill his own parents to be accepted as a Pureblood though.

Nazza posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 2:04pm for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

It was great to get to see a bit of (almost) everyone in this chapter - really enjoyed it. These updates are making my weekends recently. I have theories forming about the way it's going (nothing firm yet), but it's so much fun guessing! :-D

p.s. I may be a Brit, but I don't mind waiting a bit longer to have a little something to brighten my Mondays.

Chipotle posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 1:27pm for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

Holy freaking long list of expeltives (I know I spelled it wrong.), Batman! You had everyone and their brother looking at me in the lunchroom with Harry and Draco's reactions to lovey-dovey Dudley! Not fair my dear not fair! So...who did he kill??? Huh, huh, huh!!! I may just be a little bit hyper now, oops! What ron's doing to the glasses sounds awesome! Yay for Sirius' stories for the girls. Boo for Mare jumping to conclusions about Danger and then trying to heal her without permission. Not cool not cool at all.

Will talk to you later with more details have to go back to work!
LOVED IT

carolebear posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 12:24pm for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

Yeah, it’s still the weekend if you leave on the West Coast, but aren’t you in the east? How did you stay up so late and still get up for work this morning? (Or are you really on the West Coast and I have you confused with someone else?) Or are you one of the lucky ones who get President’s Day off (we Americans are strange about some of our holidays, aren’t we)?

Caltrops, caltrops. I have heard of them in another fanfiction, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t yours. Why would a wizard know anything about them? Sounds more like a Muggle weapon than wizarding, although the potions on the spikes are not something you want to fool with. Too bad the one Dudley inhaled didn’t have something more deadly on it than a love potion. Wait a minute, I just reread — he didn’t inhale the caltrop, did he? Damn. At least the pointy thing would have caused some damage, and he might have needed help removing it. Especially in light of Luna’s vision. Good job of the Pride to help her when she got sucked in; any reason she didn’t just share the memory via pendant link? And the bit about making himself more acceptable to the DE? Scary — I wonder if he loves his parents enough to not "kill his Muggle relatives" to make himself more attractive? I’m sure there’s a lot of resentment there from when Vernon first found out Dudley was magical. I’m with Prongsie on this one — I hope that the reason he doesn’t stand trial is because he gets dead some other way. Yeas I am thirsty for the blood of the enemy — so sue me.

Loved the clock in Mare’s kitchen. I wonder what else its hands can point to? I know it wasn’t easy for Sirius to talk about Peter without "coloring" the story with his emotions. Bravo to him for doing so. This may help Evanie save Peter, in the long run.

From your response to someone else I understand now why Danger is staying in her wolf form around Letha. *shivers* Is it such a good idea for Letha to heal Malfoy's scars? Yes, I know it will mess with his mind, but won't it tip him (and the other DE) off that there is someone with healing capabilities around? And leaving him with just the vertical scar that matches the ones he gave Hermoine and Draco? Positively Machiavellian!

Also from some of your other responses I am more hopeful that at least some of the Bad Things are not permanent. I need to look up (and print out) all the earlier prophecies so I don’t keep having to go search for them. Thank goodness for my nook, (love the Epub format) that allows me to carry them with me all the time — I’ve bookmarked anything that I think is important to the future. Which is a lot, and I’m sure some of what I think is rubbish, but at least I know where to find things. Then I can look up the chapter on the internet and get to it much easier that way.

Okay, I have rambled on enough, but just know that I live for your weekend/Monday morning updates. I drop everything to read them. (Good thing I was off today, or I wouldn’t have a lesson prepared for my students…)

Raven11 posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 12:24pm for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

Well, I think Dudley killed Aunt Marge. he is trying to purify his blood by killing his muggle relatives but the blood protection...
Could we hear more about Remus? It is a though he has fallen off the face of the earth.
I wanted to kick Sirius about his rant on Peter.(Peter personally caused everything that went wrong in his life. Right, dream on! idiot). He automatically assumes he has no regrets about killing the Potters. Even in the canon, Peter does. Like Regulus he got in to far, and cannot get back out. can't wait to see how you will resolve this.
very good chapter.

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 12:20pm for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

I find myself continually repeating cliches about your great updates, but I just can't help it - this was another brilliant chapter. I love the idea of "Mare" and Evanie sharing Sirius' chain to hear stories about Hogwarts etc. Harry and Fox's pre-emptive strike against Dudley was excellent, although the news of his Death Muncher behaviour is not so great, obviously. Ditto Luna's mysterious prophecy. And I am very keen to know what will happen when "Mare" asks Sirius what he has done to Aletha. I really really want her to find out that her other canine friend is Danger, like, now! Looking forward to next week's update already.
Anna
p.s Also waiting with baited breath for the revenge on Lucius and his reaction to it...

callie posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 7:20am for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

im confused what's wrong with danger? is it just that she's tired from her journey or something else?

rest of the the chapter was excellent as per usual!
nice little surprise it was to come home from my first day back at uni to find this in my inbox so thankyou!

LynnTerald posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 4:12am for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

If updating becomes a weekly Monday thing, I think I can live with that. Its the perfect way to start off the week. (And weekend still? Hhahahahahaha. Funny, very funny. Tell that to the people I work with.)

I liked this chapter best so far and not because its the newest update. Ther's still "bad" things happening, but it isn't as horrible as it was and I've always wondered what happened in the in-between parts of the "bad things" and "happy things." Thanks for satisfying that curiosity. Aletha is still a prankster at heart whatever happens. (I totally wish she WOULD freaking kill L.M., though.)

kendiara posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 2:50am for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

I love those kids but sometimes I worry for their memories...Whats the only way for a muggleborn to become a pure-blood? And he's already done murder once. And as much as Harry hates his Aunt and Uncle, he's not going to let Dudley kill them if he figures it out in time.

Nope Mare is really going to hate it, but mostly she's not going to believe it. Or maybe she'll pull a Harry and break the charm from inside :)

Prongsie posted a comment on Monday 21st February 2011 1:42am for Chapter 51: Foretelling and Retelling (Year 6)

Hmmm... Damned Dudley Dursley (sounds so well)! But maybe, if he's never going to stand trial for what he did, he'll be killed before he ever CAN stand trial? And can caltrops actually fly out of someone's head? :)

About Ron: I rechecked the prophecy (yes, I'm that addicted and intrigued) and they're talking about an ancient spell. Could it be that spell on his eyes? Or is the ancient spell more a werewolf-thingy? Coz I can't quite figure it out... And I'm definitely sure that 'blood shed by blood, blood bred by blood' isn't a good thing. Maybe Voldemort can get to Harry through Dudley? Because they both share Lily's blood?

Anyway, those were my rambling thoughts ;) And come on Letha, get that mind in order again coz you're being missend and you're almost there!