Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Anansii posted a comment on Saturday 13th February 2010 1:17am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

<i>Anyone care to lay bets on Umbridge vs. Pride?</i>

Just finished rereading the whole thing to date. Anyway whilst passing through this point I noticed the cite and was strongly reminded of something I've always told my daughter - "If Authority wants to be respected, Authority has to be respectable." Now that I think of it, a very Pack-like attitude. :)

piltad posted a comment on Wednesday 8th October 2008 10:29am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

Do like how you finishied with blood bond do think it was a combo of a compromise and cop out but it did come together alot better than I orignally thought it was going to...

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Monday 12th February 2007 12:47am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

I vote for Good Compromise, myself.
Great chapter!

Miss.Mandy25 posted a comment on Thursday 12th October 2006 12:47pm for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

IT'S REALLY REALLY GOOD!!! what sort of bets? I really really like you're story, as much as I like the real harry potter stories infact.

Carolyn1 posted a comment on Tuesday 10th October 2006 11:01pm for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

I like the idea, no insult to Remus, but the lupus
means that making it perminent isn't really good. So making it temperary gives the best of both.

Tanaxanth posted a comment on Tuesday 10th October 2006 12:47pm for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

Umbridge gone by Christmas
And it wasn't a cop-out, just a clever escape from a nasty situation ;)

Tatterdemalion posted a comment on Monday 9th October 2006 10:35am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

I'd bet on the Pride over Umbridge, bet I never bet on a sure thing!
Keep writing, it's excellent!
Headology :)

Amamama posted a comment on Monday 9th October 2006 7:31am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

Thank you! Oh, this was lovely, in so many ways. This is my favourite AU, so an update is always cherished. You portray them so well, all of them. Their different personalities play out wonderfully, and Brian and Corona are great additions to your character gallery. They're both strong, yet vulnerable, and I guess they'll be able to draw strength from each other. I like your Dumbledore, he's better at keeping people informed than the original - and he's still alive.

A new prophecy... way cool. And having Alex just hand over the scroll was even better. "No need for spacial effects" - LOL.

When are the Pride going to tell the grownups about what they've found? And what a great way they found to decipher the meaning of the locket. As a whole, they're incomparable. I look forward to seeing more of what they can do.

And Harry! Now Remus' son... the last two sentences are just teeth-rottingly sweet, but I loved it. I wonder what Harry will be able to do with his powers? Apart from conjuring and holding flames in his bare hands. Being able to keep Voldemort out of his head is worth a period of lupus, especially when he gets healthy again as soon as he removes the locket. Great idea!

The slogan was a hit... "New and Improved Heir of Slytherin! Now with Gryffindor Blood!" LOL

Thank you ever so much. This was a wonderful treat.

Berte

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 9th October 2006 7:16am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

I really like the prophecy beginning. The locket was good, the kiss even better. Good compromise and that last line could have been cheesy but worked. Excellent chapter. More please.

Patches posted a comment on Monday 9th October 2006 5:42am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

I really like the locket solution for Harry. This way he has a choice later and protection now! That is the important thing. It is a little painful to watch young teens learn to care about each other. Harry and Ginny will work things out but the discovery period is rough. I like the way you are handling it though. I really like Remus. He is as caring and loving as a father should be to all the "cubs"! Thanks for writing. I look forward to your next update. pms













OrionHR posted a comment on Monday 9th October 2006 12:53am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

Oh boy, Pride vs. Umbitch... this would most amusing to watch in a Real Life (tm) situation. Reading should be just as amusing. I like how you're having the cubs learn about the Horcruxes without using that term. Very descriptive.

Continue the fine work. One thing: if you can get permission to use it, do use the term "Umbitch". I think Jeconais created, or barring that, one of the other authors on this site.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 5:44pm for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

PRIDE AT 6:1 Odds to beat UMBITCH with Ease.

Matthew4 posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 4:58pm for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

I wonder now, after reading the bit between the Gamp sisters, if the character "Elladora" was based a little off Elphaba from "Wicked." It was the two lines in their conversation that sounded like a bit in the song "Defying Gravity."

Merely curious. Once again, very good job.

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 7:06am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

As usual an excellent chapter. Your propehcies always make me smile. I think they manage to rhyme but in a way that isn't actually cringe worthy which is a great result. But you also manage to say so much of whats to come and masterfully weave your story from that!!

I like the concept of binding the blood bonding to a locket especially as you have them find Slytherins locket as a counterpoint to that. I take it your going down the Half Blood Prince story arc and having the locket as one of Voldie's Horcrux's?
I don't think its a cop out because I think it adds the dynamic that someone could remove the lockets and take away the protection. I know the pendants can't be removed but if anyone could find a way its Voldemort!
I'm curious as to whether the removal of Harry's Gryffindor powers block is permanent or another temporary thing that will go with the removal of the locket? I'm glad you didn't drag that out and gave the power to Harry now! I can't wait to see what happens to Umbridge now that he has one of the founders powers!

Monkey

Hannah3 posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 7:04am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

20:1 Pride. $5.oo.

Serendipity posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 6:27am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

Aww... I love those last few lines. That's just priceless.

Cheers,
~*~LIZ

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 4:34am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

Heh, now I can just see Harry holding that blood quill, looking ready to start writing, when it suddenly incinerates, and Harry goes: "Oops?"

I don't know whether this will happen, but it's a great mental image nonetheless. I can't imagine Umbridge has spares.


Quizer

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 4:32am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

It's a good compromise, I think. I'll be able to say more when we see the exact amount of trouble the blood bond causes him. I do know enough by now to expect at least moderate difficulties, though. It also depends on how quickly the lupus symptoms fade when the locket is removed.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what happens to that other locket. I'm not looking forward to seeing Draco get possessed in the 'winter times', though, which will happen if I interpreted the words correctly. Stupid angst. Don't you see the beauty of crushing one's enemy beneath your heel, and he hasn't the ghost of a chance?
That's not even what I'm asking, though. It would be much better if you didn't feel it necessary to repeatedly crush the main characters' morale. A good story can still function without that without becoming boring. This negative anticipation does nobody any good.

At least the prophecy also hints that Umbridge will gain no foothold in Hogwarts, which is definitely a good thing, if I'm interpreting the words correctly.

Good to see that Ginny can take the hint that Harry can take no hints. Now, if Harry grew a little more perceptive, we might actually be getting somewhere... ;)

So Neville used the Ring of Hufflepuff in the Pride's bonding ritual. I'm not sure I like the sound of this. If the ring was indeed a Horcrux, it could conceivably have opened a link between the Pride and Voldemort. I'm interested to see where you are going with this.


Quizer

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 4:26am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

Pride hands down. But it will be ugly. I think it a great compromise, that way it will not have any lasting effects.

MPF

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 3:33am for Chapter 6: Blood and Gold (Year 5)

Excellent chapter! In the long run, my money's on the Pride....but Umbridge will do her worst to mess them up! Here's hoping that they put a major block of frustration on Umbridge, Moldyshorts and his pest for brains minions unlucky Lucy and the Worm!