Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

HalfBloodHarp posted a comment on Monday 21st January 2008 1:48pm for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

I've spent the last couple of weeks avidly re-reading (Living With Danger and part of Living Without Danger) and reading your bit of the Potterverse, and it's been a great few weeks, despite the fact that I'm not actually sure when I started neglecting all my homework and practicing to do so. (And I'm not blaming you. I swear. Because if I do, you'll cut us off. -le gasp-) I've been feeling horribly un-good-readerly, since I haven't left any reviews, but honestly, there was no way I was going to get off my lazy virtual arse to leave a review for every chapter (though it now occurs to me that once or a few times every story might not have been amiss. -heh-) I was severely prompted to leave this review because you *had* to use the Pachelbel Canon, which is about the most painfully cliché (and excruciatingly painful) wedding music in existence. I wish you hadn't.

On a nicer note, I must say that I respect, admire, and worship you for having written this much in just over two years, let alone anything entertaining, fun, engaging, and realistic. I have had loads of fun reading it, and even though I will pay later, I think it's well worth it. My only vaguely useful piece of concrit (which I am *terrible* at, for the record) is that your universe, while not crossing the line, is hovering on the brink of super-ness. There are some things I sort of wish you made more painful or had turn out slightly less well.

Anyway. Have fun writing! I'm sure I'll enjoy myself on the next nineteen chapters until I catch up, and beyond.

halfbloodharp

Mulch Diggums posted a comment on Wednesday 30th May 2007 1:54pm for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

Wait a second.....

Do Letha and Sirius' vows mean no more of her jinxing him to have green hair or something?

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Monday 12th February 2007 1:23am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

Such a moving ceremony! Congratulations. It was beautiful!

Yamainu posted a comment on Sunday 21st January 2007 12:41pm for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

I hope Sirius isn't gonna die. That would be so sad! It wasn't all that bad in the books - he just left Harry. He has a wife, a daughter, and three other children, as well as a brother and sister of his own. Lotsa people to mourn him.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

True, true, but it's a war. People die in war, and it's always  very sad.

Hannah posted a comment on Thursday 26th October 2006 11:02am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

I love this story so much. I have been reading it(and the first three) for four days to catch up. You are an amazing writer!!

I will say though that I am a tad miffed at Sirius' girl advice.....yeah.

Edward posted a comment on Saturday 21st October 2006 3:46am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

WOW
the dangerverse is so awesome. i have just finished reading the first three stories and the 7 chapters of the 4th (taken about a week)
how often are you updating and also where are you updating first on fanfiction.net, somewhere else or here for each chapter.
also please can i ask for a little more harry/ginny in the next few chapters because i have being waiting for that ever since living without danger (year 2)
neway thanx for sharing this wonderful fanfiction with us and update soon

amulder posted a comment on Monday 16th October 2006 3:07am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

Three weddings in one chapter. That is quite something. Is that some sort of a fanfiction record? :-)

I liked the conversation between Harry and Sirius about girls. Pretty well handled. I also note that Ginny is, subtly, taking more and more of a leadership role in things as the series progresses. How long until Hermione notices? Hmm.

thanks for sharing
...art

David posted a comment on Sunday 15th October 2006 12:57pm for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

Some things were just like in canon, true...

But they were handled much better.

And thank you for coming up for a reasonable explanation as to why the Prophecy was left where it was - with your Dumbledore's more willing nature (telling Harry things he needs to know, bothering to explain himself), there should be far less angst. Well, from that angle anyway.

karina82 posted a comment on Sunday 15th October 2006 11:29am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

the weddings where cool.

did something bad happened to draco? that line "...all trace of the brightness in his eyes was gone..." gave me the creeps made me think something bad has happned.

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Sunday 15th October 2006 10:30am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

Had a couple thoughts.

One: Does that last bit of the wedding ceremony mean they can't hex each other for the fun of it?

Two: Is it just me, or have we not heard about Valentina Jett in a while? And if not, why not?

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Sunday 15th October 2006 9:10am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

Interesting and simplistic take on a Magical Wedding ceremony. Is it a properly binding winzards oath? Sounds like Umbridge is not teaching at all, but will a Hogwarts High Inquisitor rear its toad like head?!?! Nice twist with Percy faking the family estrangement.

Not sure focusing on Sirius and Aletha's wedding was the right thing. The Charlie Tonks thing has been going on for a while and Aletha and Sirius were already married. I suppose that the story is about the Pack so thats why.

Is Harry's unlocked Gryffidor powers going to play much part in this story?

Monkey

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Sunday 15th October 2006 8:28am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

I loved the wedding vows and Draco and Meghan being inversions in colour of each other. Wonderful chapter. More please. The Pride are superb.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Sunday 15th October 2006 3:37am for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

*sniffles happily* I love weddings!

Seems to me that you set up as many things as you resolved in this chapter... well done!

Looking forward to more, as always ~

apuzzle posted a comment on Saturday 14th October 2006 9:28pm for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

Dear Anne, a most wonderful chapter. My wedding date is Aug 29 (2002) as well so thank you for the gift :)
ps. does the last part of the vows mean that Aletha cannot hex Sirius anymore? :)
Aysegul.

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Saturday 14th October 2006 6:34pm for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

Another chapter come and gone. Ooh, that was kind of deep. I really liked that, all of it. The idea that Percy and his family had planned their split was brilliant. I'm so glad he's not a fool in this fic. The weddings were so sweet. Including Dobby and Winky's. That was awesome. I'm glad Harry is realizing that Ginny could be something more to him. I like your Ginny so much more than canon Ginny. And the descriptions you gave of the bridesmaid dresses made me kind of want to draw the four Pridemates. It would be nice to see. Hm. Anyway, I loved the chapter and I can't wait to see the next installment. Cheers.

~Ivy

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 14th October 2006 6:16pm for Chapter 7: Joinings and Partings (Year 5)

That was quite sweet even as it moved the plot forward. Bravo!!