Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Strophe posted a comment on Friday 21st February 2014 4:40pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

I just love this chapter. I love that we get to see everyone, even if they are just glimpses. And I definitely love the photographs. You write happy family life exceedingly well. It's one of my favorite things about your writing. I'm like Dumbledore, oddly loath to stop reading. I do find it ironic that Dumbledore finds nothing morally wrong with spying on people, especially after he determines that they are doing nothing wrong. But, as he says, "business as usual." Also, I'm very jealous of the Pensieve. I hate that feeling of something you can't quite remember, and he just gets his confusion solved immediately.

Cynically, I have to wonder if Dumbledore didn't request Aletha so he could keep an eye on her and figure out if she knew where Harry was. There have to be other people he trusts in the Ministry (Arthur comes to mind).

Speaking of the Ministry, I love that you work politics into this story. So many writers (myself included) would focus entirely on the plot of our characters, and only work the rest of the world in when it was necessary. That you have the Ministry changes a part of the story from the beginning is a testament to your skill. I tip my hat.

The Imaginatrix posted a comment on Saturday 8th February 2014 2:30pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

Those pictures were adorable, the ring was beautiful, Dumbledore was excellently characterised yet again, and the glimpses of everyone else who will join the Pride in the future were all sweet aside from poor Draco. *hugs little Draco close* Don't worry, precious dragonet. You'll be saved soon.

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 11:25pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

Okay, at this point, Dumbledore could probably find a way to track Aletha home, or just lift the location of their home from their minds, yet he hasn't done so. I would have guessed he would do so just so he could ward the house they are in, perhaps with a fidelius with himself as the secret keeper.

At any rate the story is pretty good so far. I had initially put off reading this in part because I was expecting something out of Marvel Comics or similar with the title "Dangerverse", yet it is obviously not that. I wonder when they will get Danger a wand, so they can teach her some useful things.

PrayingForMercy posted a comment on Sunday 2nd November 2008 8:03pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

I spy Nevvile (: great scene with Dumbledore and the photos.

Rob-girl posted a comment on Sunday 27th July 2008 7:11pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

That last part was very mysterious...hmmm. Haha, anyways, when did Danger get in contact with Dumbledore??? I don't remember that!!! Again, I can't wait to continue reading.

CodeRomance posted a comment on Wednesday 16th January 2008 5:58pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

wow...so will draco be good in this story? ok...um...and...well GREAT CHAPTER and I'm soo glad dumbledore is not gonna do anything about Harry or Sirius! YES really very Great!

CodeRomance

Wistful-Stargazer posted a comment on Tuesday 20th November 2007 8:56am for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

::sniffling:: Poor litte Draco. :-(

How cute, Neville helping out Granny with the garden. :-D

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 7:09pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

I've always been curiuos...that trick Dumbledore does with the magical photo. Did he make it show the same scene at a different time? Or was it what was happening there at that very moment?

Because if it was the latter, that could be a very handy and secure way to communicate, which might be useful down the road...

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Wednesday 15th November 2006 11:12am for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

I'm not seeing anything that lets me pin down Sirius and Letha's wedding date. Does April 19 sound good to you, or did you have a specific date in mind?

I tried looking up the date of Easter in 1982, figuring that if Danger was wishing Dumbledore a happy Easter, then her letter was sent within a couple days of Easter. Turns out Easter was Apr 11. Bit more memorable than just a Sunday. Oh well.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 7:42am for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

Another fine chapter.

gunny

pstibbons posted a comment on Tuesday 4th July 2006 10:57am for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

The business at usual sniglets were great. Me likee this storee

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Friday 31st March 2006 3:43am for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

Something suddenly occurred to me. The story makes sense with Fudge as Minister, and it would probably get worse if you tried to change it, but Fudge wasn't Minister this far back. He was a junior member of the Dept of Magical Catastrophes on Nov 1 1981, among the first there after the street went boom, and didn't become Minister till 1990, according to the Quibbler (which is unlikely to get wrong the year of election of the Prime Minister-equivalent). Millicent Bagnold was Minister in 1981, I'm positive of that.

This really isn't worth changing, I just thought you should know.

Chris1 posted a comment on Sunday 26th March 2006 2:56am for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

Wonderful. :) for some reason, the last line brought tears to my eyes.

Beautiful imagery and emotions.

Rocky235 posted a comment on Friday 17th March 2006 8:10am for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

Now I have to 'run' with the sweeper.
Every word of yours made it worth it.

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 1:54pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

Nicely, nicely done. We have Luna, Neville, Draco, Ginny and Ron. Dobby too. Are all the players assembled yet? It looks that way.

I should know better than to begin 50-chapter stories at night. A work-night, no less.

Thanks so much for sharing this story with all the rest of us.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Friday 10th February 2006 11:58pm for Chapter 13: What It Would Now Be

Ch.13 - - This is delightful. Your last sentence:

"The world turned slowly on its axis, and just as slowly, reshaped itself from what it would have been into what it would now be."

...sets the stage beautifully.

I have never been an AU fan of fiction, but I have had an interest in Alternate History, which usually make matters worse than had really happened.

But recent AU Harry Potter fics have presented ways for Harry to have not endured the Dursley years, and still turn out fine.

I guess it is natural for us to want this for our hero. And you've done it here very well. Just delightfully. The best I've read that includes James and Lily still dying.

Cheers!