Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Strophe posted a comment on Wednesday 26th February 2014 12:33am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

This chapter gave me one of my first big shocks. Dudley was such a wonderful surprise! I can hardly think of canonDudley at all anymore, magical Dudley works so much better. With that - I'm not sure if this is right, but I've always enjoyed the image of the facebook notification "1" floating over Dumbledore's book. Very ahead of his time, lol.

I like the many celebrations they have here, so early on, too. That is a point that comes up with Sanctuary later, how important it is to celebrate and to have markers for the passing of time, and I've recently found it really makes a difference in my actual life. I do love when fiction teaches me things.

A note about the den-secrets: it has always really bothered me that the cubs never gave the secret away, honestly. Especially at this part, when Remus and Danger seem so sure that they won't, I don't completely buy it. It works for me, mainly, because they have no outside friends until they are old enough to give it away, but I always thought that either Meghan would, being younger, or that Harry would tell Ron, just because they were close. But I guess Harry does have the hero-complex. I just doubted that they could be so sure that young children wouldn't give it away.You make it work though.

Favorite image: playing Catch with Harry.

Ranglar posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 3:48pm for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

I always thought that Orion would be the most fitting for Sirius's middle name, both because of his animagus form and his mother's disposition. It was his father's name as well. Valentine is funnier though.

PrayingForMercy posted a comment on Sunday 2nd November 2008 9:09pm for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

The magic word - Alo'mora! That is SO cute.
Dudley is magic, what a twist. Be careful what you wish for, Petunia.

Rob-girl posted a comment on Monday 28th July 2008 5:56am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

Ohh....that could be bad! But I like the name of Sirius and Aletha's baby girl. Meghan Lily Black. It sounds very pretty. I don't normally like the name Meghan, but it sounds good with her other two names. Fabulous job on this story. I loved when Hermione said Alohomora for the "magic" word.

Aberbadger posted a comment on Monday 5th May 2008 4:08am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

Ursinus?! Surely his middle name should be porcinus!!!

CodeRomance posted a comment on Thursday 17th January 2008 4:33am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA a normal life! AHHHH DUDLEY! lol oh NO thats sooo funny!

CodeRomance

Wistful-Stargazer posted a comment on Tuesday 20th November 2007 10:06am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

*SNICKER*
Oh, too funny, Petunia making a wish for a normal life for her son, caused the curse to enable him with magic.
ROTFLMAO, I love it!

DrT posted a comment on Thursday 12th July 2007 5:48am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

Even if this is the fourth or fifth time reading the story, I'm still sniggering over Dudley's middle name. . . .

"T"

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 5:22am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

Wow, that was fast. Nine months in the span of one chapter. =P

All kinds of fun, too. I still giggle at "playing catch with Harry." The Christmas tape to Dumbledore is cute too.

And of course, the best part of the fight is the making-up afterwards... ;)

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 9:12am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

Nice chapter.

gunny

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Saturday 29th July 2006 7:36pm for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

Uhoh. I'm not sure I want Dudley to go to Hogwarts but it'll be very funny if he does. Great chapter. I love how the curse works.

AK posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2006 9:23am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

The Curse is powerfull enought to turn a muggle magical?

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Friday 31st March 2006 4:11am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

I like 'Sirius Valentine Black', plenty of amusement potential there, but given that Sirius's father's name is Orion, it's more likely to be 'Sirius Orion Black'. Especially with all the amusement potential (not to mention literal truth) inherent in the initials S.O.B.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Agreed about the amusement potential in the initials, and the canon plausibility,  but please do remember this part of the story was written before  I even knew there was going to be a Black family tree, and I'd just seen 'Orion' for Sirius' middle name  a bit too much  and wanted something original.  

Tildessmoo posted a comment on Friday 17th March 2006 4:25am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

I'd planned on reviewing at the end of what has, thus far, been written, but as a great fan of the song in question, I felt compelled to compliment you on your talespinning abilities, culture integration, and originality, and just plain taste in music. Till I finish LwD:
Un flambeau, Jeanette, Isabelle,
Un flambeau, courons au berceau.
C'est Jésus, bons gens du hameau;
"Le Christ est né," Marie apelle;
Ah! Ah! Ah! Que la mère est belle!
Ah! Ah! Ah! Que l'enfant est beau!

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 10:40am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

Sirius and Aletha have a daughter (Meghan Lily Black) and the Curse of the Righteous bears more Strange Fruit: Dudley Dursley is found to be a *muggleborn wizard*.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Saturday 11th February 2006 2:31am for Chapter 16: Beautiful Is the Child

Ch.16 - - Okay, I am officially confused.

You never said, I believe, that Harry's bully cousin was named Dudley. I can only guess that as additional bad luck Petunia got pregnant just before Vernon went to jail, or that it was a brief incarceration. Or a little canoodling was going on which is gruesome to think about.

Looking forward...