Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Mulch Diggums posted a comment on Friday 3rd July 2009 2:02pm for Chapter 1: Getting There (Year 1)

I notice that, as in canon, any mention of the school song disappears here. ;-P

james27 posted a comment on Friday 13th March 2009 1:34am for Chapter 1: Getting There (Year 1)

It's so good to see that you are mature enough to respond to my honest question the way you did!

See, I can be sarcastic as well.

My question about whether or not you intended to write Danger as a Mary-Sue, however, was not. I honestly wanted to know if YOU knew that she appeared to be one. Nothing more, nothing less.

After all, I've been reading fanfiction for years and some authors like to use them and I've read many reviews from people who have felt the same way.

That being said, exactly how was I supposed to know how you felt about them in general or whether or not you knew Danger came off as such?

I'm sure it won't matter to you but after receiving such a wonderful responce to my review, I really doubt I'll ever bother to read your work again. I won't say that I'll never read your stuff after this because there are always those blue moons to watch out for.

~James

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I'm amazed that you're so sure of something that isn't true.

Sarcasm aside, I apologize for my rudeness. I've been writing this 'verse for four and a half years, and have been informed quite often through that time (sometimes more politely than others) that Danger is a Mary Sue. I've tried to develop her character in the later stories to be less so, and to give other characters more screen time, but I can't change what I've already written. I find my earliest stories deeply embarrassing now, and I'm afraid I react badly when asked what look, to me, like sarcastic and hurtful questions about them.

I'm aware, now, that you didn't intend the question to hurt, but that's one of the problems with text-only communication--it removes everything but the bare words, and where it would have been clear in person that you were asking for information, in writing it felt like an attack. Once again, I'm sorry I was rude. I suppose it's too much to ask that you not blame the stories for the faults of their creator...

CodeRomance posted a comment on Saturday 19th January 2008 5:35am for Chapter 1: Getting There (Year 1)

bloody brilliant chapter! i'm so excited they're all in the same house! i feel so bad for Ginny, luna and Meghan though! they get left behind...not fair! and poor hermione the only girl! and why gildrey lockhart there this year! and hermione needs to not be dumb! lol

CodeRomance

Wistful-Stargazer posted a comment on Saturday 24th November 2007 3:47pm for Chapter 1: Getting There (Year 1)

How mean to scare the little chits by with holding info on the Sorting Ceremony. They were practically wetting themselves for pity's sake. Sheesh.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Friday 4th August 2006 8:35am for Chapter 1: Getting There (Year 1)

Very good start.

gunny

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Friday 17th February 2006 2:33am for Chapter 1: Getting There (Year 1)

"Sleep well, and dream of fat prey." Oddly, that is a very comforting expression for some reason.

Great first day of first year based on the Dangerverse.

Excited you posted this.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 2:39pm for Chapter 1: Getting There (Year 1)

The entire Pack (including new member Neville) are safely ensconsed in Gryffindor, and we have the dreaded *Muggleborn Slytherin* (namely, one Dudley Dursley). We have Officially Arrived in the Twilight Zone, where we have Gryffindor!Draco, a Brainy!Lupin (named *Hermione*), Wizard!Dudley (Slytherin!Dudley as well) and the Death Eaters *still* get their tails kicked, usually a lot HARDER, than in Potterverse Prime.