Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Contrition posted a comment on Monday 26th June 2017 7:45pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Okay, I've made it back to where I left off! Dangerverse has been just as fun on a re-read :) And now... no more guessing at what comes next. I can't wait to see what you did with SD!

LynnTerald posted a comment on Tuesday 4th June 2013 1:44am for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

I will admit, finding out Draco would die was a reeeeeal turn off from this story for me. He...sort of makes this story for me. Harry and the others are awseome and totally believeable and I love how you twist canon into your stories, but Draco is...he's my favorite of your characters. Having Luna fortell his death was awful and I had to walk away from the story for about a year, but after having read a couple of your side stories a couple times I wasn't able to keep away from this thing anymore. So, I'm back. For better or for worse with Draco, I'm here to find out his fate as long as you keep updating.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hang in there... I promise you, by the end of the story, you will not be sorry you came back!

Baileyfish posted a comment on Sunday 6th May 2012 8:33pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

I found your stories last week and have devoured them. Now I'm terribly sad to realize that i've caught up with you and have to wait! I don't know how I'll stand it. You created an amazing and complex alternate universe here and I absolutely love it. Can't wait to see what you've got planned!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Allow me to point out that there is now a Chapter 2 to this fic... glad you're enjoying it!

Jamie_Rosewood posted a comment on Sunday 8th April 2012 2:58pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

I love the Dangerverse! Hope to read more of this fic!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

More is now available!

yulerule posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd January 2012 3:31pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Wow. So I've just spent my entire winter vacation reading the dangerverse from beginning to end. I've just finished, so this reviewe is about lots of things.

The story of Amanda(It is her body that was in the entrance to the sanctuary, right?) which was mentioned somewhere...I want to read it over, could you please point me in the correct direction?

Ron now has infrared vision, but can he see shapes that are the same color, and how would he tell two people who have the same build apart? I would think that he needs something like echolocation to complement what vision he has. Would I be right in imagining its somewhat blurry as in some of those cameras, or is it more defined than that?

Luna hasn't connected Amanda to who she actually is, has she? So the prophecy that says Slytherin's line has to die out means Voldemort will be defeated, but if Amanda is also of his line, though of the "good" portion, does that mean the prophecy only refers to the 'evil' portion of the line, or does it affect Amanda as well?

Happy to see Aletha becoming more herself. I hope she will see herself in those memories, and accept the Pack and pride.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well done to catch who's in the Sanctuary. Amanda's story is near the end of the chapters marked Year 5 in Facing Danger. Ron can see people's features, not just their outlines -- he's got pretty good vision, just in black-and-white. Luna has a decent idea who Amanda is but doesn't quite understand what's going on with her... even Amanda isn't totally clear on that at this point. However, note that the prophecies make a very interesting distinction about Slytherin's lines...

Thorfinna posted a comment on Wednesday 21st December 2011 2:35am for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Another interesting chapter in an rich and full AU. But my sadness that there have been no updates since September. I know, not really all that long in the greater scheme of things. I'm hoping now your original plot bunny is out and about looking for a publishing home that you'll return to the JK's sandbox and give us some more DV love.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Sorry... it took a couple more months to leave me be. I hope and believe I can get back into the DV swing, though!

Contrition posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2011 11:57pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Alright, I started reading Dangerverse in May or June, so I guess I'm still 'new'ish. At least, I'm familiar with the verse by now, though I've never reviewed. Looks like I get to go back and re-read the last one to find out what Amanda's dream/vision/memory was again...

Generally speaking, since I've spent the past few months reading Dangerverse and getting caught up, I will say that obviously we wouldn't have the universe to play in without JKR herself, but I really like what you've done with her characters, even more than what she did to a point. I think Ginny and Ron are both really poorly developed in her series and I think your version of them is much better. In the original I don't like most canon relationships, but I think you do a good job probably because you've developed the characters so well.

I also have to express my skepticism here of Draco's inevitable "death," as it will happen in this volume. After reading your 4 earlier Dangerverse pieces, I can't see you letting Draco die even when it seems like he surely will. I eagerly anticipate your intervention.

I'm also simultaneously disgusted by the idea of a pregnant, 16-year-old Ginny, and impressed at the logic you use for it. It smacks of bad fanfiction, but I don't think anyone could accuse you of that after reading the other pieces. I still think she should be older, but the explanation of love/life to counteract Voldemort's hate/death is pretty good. I am curious about how you portray it... but I have a feeling you'll do a good job with it and readers like me will be able to cope with the idea. Not to mention, I'm curious to see what role the Davies baby will end up playing, because if I remember right, Luna had a mini-prophecy about him, too.

Anyway, you've done a great job with this verse, and I'm excited to see where you take us with this story!

Contrition posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2011 11:53pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Alright, I started reading Dangerverse in May or June, so I guess I'm still 'new'ish. At least, I'm familiar with the verse by now, though I've never reviewed. Looks like I get to go back and re-read the last one to find out what Amanda's dream/vision/memory was again...

Generally speaking, since I've spent the past few months reading Dangerverse and getting caught up, I will say that obviously we wouldn't have the universe to play in without JKR herself, but I really like what you've done with her characters, even more than what she did to a point. I think Ginny and Ron are both really poorly developed in her series and I think your version of them is much better. In the original I don't like most canon relationships, but I think you do a good job probably because you've developed the characters so well.

I also have to express my skepticism here of Draco's inevitable "death," as it will happen in this volume. After reading your 4 earlier Dangerverse pieces, I can't see you letting Draco die even when it seems like he surely will. I eagerly anticipate your intervention.

I'm also simultaneously disgusted by the idea of a pregnant, 16-year-old Ginny, and impressed at the logic you use for it. I still think she should be older, but the explanation of love/life to counteract Voldemort's hate/death is pretty good. I am curious about how you portray it... but I have a feeling you'll do a good job with it and readers like me will be able to cope with the idea. Not to mention, I'm curious to see what role the Davies baby will end up playing, because if I remember right, Luna had a mini-prophecy about him, too.

Anyway, you've done a great job with this verse, and I'm excited to see where you take us with this story!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I do believe that I must blush, although very belatedly. Sorry for the LONG wait for an update. Yes, little Zach will have his own part to play, though in a side plot mostly... and I may yet surprise you with the outcome of Harry and Ginny's wedding!

Bialystoker posted a comment on Tuesday 15th November 2011 1:44pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

I’ve been rereading the DV in lieu of updates while procrastinating on my NaNoWriMo, and I’ve come up with the following theory about Amanda:
Amanda and Matt have the souls of Alex’s children. Ezra Smythe gets taken over by Alex occasionally. Matt died young in his first life, which is why Alex’s line died out. This is a redo for Amanda because she’s a revenant. She’s intending for Draco to stand in for her love so she can choose that he dies and not her brother. Rather ruthless, but she doesn’t seem to have a lot of consideration for other people’s lives. I guess that would be the Slytherin coming out.
I’m also thinking that Parseltongue is Slytherin’s secondary gift. Because alongside gifts like handling fire, healing, and controlling plants, talking to snakes is a bit wimpy, no? I’d have turned Dark too if that was all I got.
Is there a Beauvoi — Malfoy connection, or am I just connecting things from Be Careful that aren’t supposed to be connected?
Also, I’m thinking that Luna and Neville’s blood connection (Butterbeer cap, second year) should come into play, or else you wouldn’t have included it. Luna doesn’t do things without reason, right?
Those are all my guesses so far. Am I getting warm?

Bialystoker posted a comment on Tuesday 15th November 2011 12:32pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

I’ve been rereading the DV in lieu of updates while procrastinating on NaNoWriMo, and I’ve come up with the following theory about Amanda:
Amanda and Matt have the souls of Alex’s children. Ezra Smythe gets taken over by Alex occasionally. Matt died young in his first life, which is why Alex’s line died out. This is a redo for Amanda because she’s a revenant. She’s intending for Draco to stand in for her love so she can choose that he dies and not her brother. Rather ruthless, but she doesn’t seem to have a lot of consideration for other people’s lives. I guess that would be the Slytherin coming out.
I’m also thinking that Parseltongue is Slytherin’s secondary gift. Because alongside gifts like handling fire, healing, and controlling plants, talking to snakes is a bit wimpy, no? I’d have turned Dark too if that was all I got.
Is there a Beauvoi — Malfoy connection, or am I just connecting things from Be Careful that aren’t supposed to be connected?
Also, I’m thinking that Luna and Neville’s blood connection (Butterbeer cap, second year) should come into play, or else you wouldn’t have included it. Luna doesn’t do things without reason, right?
Those are all my guesses so far. Am I getting warm?

renfro92w posted a comment on Wednesday 28th September 2011 8:56pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Anne,
What a wonderful start to my favorite HP Fanfic. You had me wondering about Draco's forearm for a second. :) Thanks very much for deciding to see this story through to the end!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You're welcome (for deciding to see the story through). Sorry for the VERY LONG wait for an update. More soon!

oddlyalli posted a comment on Wednesday 21st September 2011 11:01pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Sooo...Amanda is Alex and Anne's daughter? Which would be convoluted if Anne is entirely a story-you. But the characters' descriptions sound like they're related.

More guessworkish:
And she's been sent back into the land of the living to repay for leaving her husband to die OR to save the decendent of the one she rescued instead of him. I've already forgotten--was that her son? If so, scratch that, let Voldie die. Wait, wait! Voldie came from Al's brother! Did you leave an opening for a present day little Al existing? Slytherin's primary/secondary gift is driving me bananas.

Gah, I can't think this tortuously at this time of night. I'll just wait for you to explain everything, unless it's revealed to me in a dream, or some such balderdash.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It was her husband, fiance at that point, Amanda saved. Her brother was the one who died, due to a nasty spell on the family line which stated that each generation would be reduced to one, and only one, child who would live to adulthood. With the rest of it, you're coming close, but not quite there yet... mwahaha!

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Wednesday 21st September 2011 12:59am for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

YEA...Glad to see the start of this story. I love the other Dangerverse stories and look forward to reading this one as well.
The recap at the beginning of this chapter was good. It got me back into the story.
The last bit about Amanda is interesting and I can't wait to read more about that plotline.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thanks, and Amanda will definitely be around this year!

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 20th September 2011 2:54pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Yay for more DangerVerse! I'd pay for DangerVerse if it was allowed. Especially as you have released ebooks versions which is a great way to read this stuff. Now onto my review:

That chapter felt a bit to much like: "And last week in the danger verse". I suppose re-reading the entire main DV sequence means everything is so fresh for me. So glad you're back writing this though. I like how you used Aletha's musings and look through the memory box. You didn't make her forget just to use this as a catch up at the beginning of this story? lol.

Saying that though, that final bit with Amanda Smythe is fantastic. I think you succeeded in how mysterious you wanted that to be. As I have lots of idea's but none of them seem to add up to a complete theory that makes any sense at all. Those ideas are (any hints about how close I am would be appreciated, lol): The fact her "father" hissed suggests that the family gift was parseltongue and that they are some descendant of Slytherin, possibly Voldemort although I think that is unlikely. Who is Grandpa G as well? Godric Gryffindor is the only G I can think of, which just confuses me even more.

Loved the line: "To Lord Voldemort, he was five feet, ten inches of black-haired, green-eyed, bespectacled irritation." Especially when you followed it up with: "Assuming he hasn't been upgraded to threat level by this point."

I also liked the Ginny's bit about "Vanity, they name is Snow Fox".

Thanks for writing, I can't wait for me!
Monkey

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I decided to err on the side of more information, since anyone who was new would need it and anyone returning would be willing to put up with it. You're close with your ideas about Amanda and her dad... and thank you so much, I had great fun writing those lines and was hoping someone would enjoy them!

Anansii posted a comment on Tuesday 20th September 2011 2:09am for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Arrrrrr, matey! This be a fine treasure for Talk Like A Pirate Day, it be! And it's glad I be that book 4 ran over, for now we get a little longer to spend with Pack and Pride.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ah, but my originals have them too, just under different names. (Legendbreakers is the most blatant about it but the rest of my writing has them sneaking in as well...)

Kathleen posted a comment on Monday 19th September 2011 7:44pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Arr! I be delighted to hear yer a real live author now, the kind I ken steal from on the high seas! We pirates prefer that kind to the broke landlubber kind. I hope yer sales let you buy a yacht soon...
:)
This was a great beginning to the (final?) book. I'm enjoying it already -- it was lovely to revisit all of them.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, this ought to be the last main DV. Here's hoping I can pull it off!

Prongsie posted a comment on Monday 19th September 2011 2:16pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Well, huh :) And yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ^^ Let me explain: the 'huh' is for the whole scene with Amanda and her father (I've never really understood the whole Amanda-situation. Now I'll have to start specific re-reading. Oh no... ); the 'yaaaaaaaaaay' is for the start of SD :) I got an e-mail (and watched Facebook) and did one hell of a happy dance when I noticed SD. Happy happy happy ;)

Anyway, I think you're off to a very good start of the year and of the final part of the Pack and Pride's journey. Go you!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, Amanda's meant to be a bit confusing at this point, so don't worry too much. It will all be explained in time. I'm so glad you're happy!

Zevi posted a comment on Monday 19th September 2011 2:03pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

So you are a professional fanfic writer now? :P More seriously, what was the Amazon book you mentioned was written by the people here?

I like how you've used the memory box as a way of reviewing the past books.

And I am looking forward to the rest of this story.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I would be if that were legal! The Amazon book is called "Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2: New Faces of Fantasy." Volume 3, which is science fiction, is in the assembling stages. More story, and originals by me, coming as soon as I can manage them!

Bialystoker posted a comment on Monday 19th September 2011 1:42pm for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

IT'S UP!
And it's filling me with mixed feelings of apprehension and joy. I have a horrible feeling about what's hurting Draco's arm... and I hate knowing something awful's going to happen and knowing I can't bloody do anything! Please, lovely Authoress, make everything turn out okay? Is that even in your job description?
I'm on tenterhooks for the next installment, so I hope you update soon!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Don't worry about Draco's arm. Danger chased him out of the kitchen with her trusty wooden spoon when he was after the fairy cakes himself, shortly before Padfoot sneaked in and gobbled them all up. And yes, actually, as it happens, that is in my personal job description...

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 19th September 2011 9:50am for Chapter 1: Memories and Choices (Year 6)

Thoroughly enjoyed this even if I had no idea what was going on in the last section. Thanks for updating and more please.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You're not really supposed to understand it quite yet. Amanda's story will be more fully told in this one.