Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

LynnTerald posted a comment on Tuesday 11th June 2013 2:05am for Chapter 21: Of Love and Honor (Year 6)

That was a "Wait...WHAT?!" moment for me. That would have been cool, though not likely. Sirius would have owned up to it, if it were him, and then there is the way in which he was fairly clueless about the Muggle world until the Pack. He is, after all, a pureblood by merit of his background and while not bad, he wouldn't have had a...rebllious streak big enough in him to go wooing a Muggle girl with all his other responsibilities AND the war. Regulus, however...well, that's another matter entirely. My head has already started peicing together how this might have gone down and how he may have been influenced to change sides so dramatically. Here's hoping!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 16th May 2013 5:26am for Chapter 21: Of Love and Honor (Year 6)

Loved that they surprised Maya with the wedding. I also like the idea of Dean's father being a relative of Draco's.

Erika Shulkusky posted a comment on Wednesday 20th March 2013 2:24pm for Chapter 21: Of Love and Honor (Year 6)

Wow, the game is afoot......am really looking forward to the next chapters. Your involvement of the goblins in the story is great, you have a real talent for bringing new characters in, weaving them into the larger fabric of the overall storyline and enriching it. So, by intimation of the last paragraph, is Sirius Dean's father????? When did he have a chance to be with his mother if he was involved with Letha then inprisoned in Azkaban? Dun dun DUN!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Not Sirius, but somebody who looked a lot like him...

oddlyalli posted a comment on Tuesday 19th March 2013 4:12pm for Chapter 21: Of Love and Honor (Year 6)

I love the continuing goblin life parellels to Pack life, and that the goblins are friends instead of obstacles. Write more! Write more!

And I'm sure it's a testament to your character building that I really want to beg you not to kill any of these characters--I like fluff. Nobody has to die. Really! But whatever; go with the story in your head, just please do pull it off quick like a band-aid.

ENCOURAGEMENT! Go Anne!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, trust me, the fluff values will be quite high!

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Monday 18th March 2013 9:19am for Chapter 21: Of Love and Honor (Year 6)

Well, this is coming along nicely. There have been some chapters that were hard to follow, but this one is as clear as day. That bit with Kunora and the hat, though... that was weird, even for goblins. (especially for goblins?) Heh!

Okay, here's a bit of encouragement: please write the next chapter soon. If bad things are going to be happening (and we all know they must... into each life a little rain must fall), then as you said it's good to get through them as quickly as possible and on to the good things again. Soonest begun, soonest ended.

At least you're not afraid to write about bad things. One of the problems with canon is that Rowling was never comfortable writing about sympathetic characters dying. When she had to make it happen, she rushed through it as fast as she could. Anne seems to handle that better. For which I am thankful.

Okay, I've done my part, I've written a review. Please do your part and write the next chapter.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Sorry to be confusing. Clarity soon, I hope. And I try to give painful things the time they need, without dwelling on them too much.

Dangams posted a comment on Saturday 16th March 2013 9:46pm for Chapter 21: Of Love and Honor (Year 6)

Most interesting, and yay for Goblins. Sneaky, clever goblins. :D

More soon, please!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

That's how they strike me from canon, certainly.

callie posted a comment on Saturday 16th March 2013 4:15pm for Chapter 21: Of Love and Honor (Year 6)

Yay wedding! Yay! Deans dad! Yay goblins!!!! Can't wait for the gringotts scene it ought to be spectacular!!!!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I shall try to make it so!

jua-chan posted a comment on Saturday 16th March 2013 2:57pm for Chapter 21: Of Love and Honor (Year 6)

Oh wow, I am actually the first to review for once.

The chapter was great. Maya's wedding came really unexpected but was really sweet. It gave a nice contrast to the serious business in the chapter. shows that life goes on even through war.

I apsolutly love your goblins, especially Kunora. Her "story" was really well done. I like the idea that the goblins will not look the other way but as long as Hermione and Draco don't make a mistake, the goblins will "pretend" nothing has happened. That's a nice take on the we-have-to-break-into-Gringots plotpoint. We also learned a lot more about Goblin culture.

I do apreciate the ending of the chapter. It's a nice twist making Draco believe Sirius may be Dean's father. If I had to make a guess I would say it was actually Regulus. Maybe that is why he tried to turn his life around.

Yes, do please write the next chapter soon, but not too soon, because once the story is finished I will be sad that it is over ;)

Well done.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well done on Dean's father! Yeah, JKR's take on the goblins always got me angry...