Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

LynnTerald posted a comment on Tuesday 11th June 2013 5:14am for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

*looks at it, contemplates time*

Horrible, gut wrenching chapter that this was? I want to read the next one.

*contemplates time some more, groans* No. Too long of a day today. Something to look forward to after life shits on me! Ok...maybe not, but it could serve as something to hold to after a long day. So, sort of something to look forward to with good writing and more nail biting scenes. So, off to a long nights sleepless rest!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 16th May 2013 6:21am for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Sniff. I'm not entirely sorry Amanda's dead - got the feeling she was going to die from a fairly early point - but I am still shook up over the twins. Sniff.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Monday 29th April 2013 10:44am for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Wow! This was a really great chapter. And more bad stuff ahead? Oh well, we have to read through the bad things to get to the good.

_Nothing_ Rowling ever wrote made me tear up like this.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I think that's a compliment, so thank you.

jua-chan posted a comment on Sunday 28th April 2013 5:01pm for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Oh wow, somehow i missed 3 chapters.

I couldn't stop crying when I read this chapter and the previous one. It really isn't fair. I hope Fred will be able to cope. And crystal.

I am looking forward to that one shot for amanda. Have been hoping for the explanation of that tale for quite some time.

Well written and so sad.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Crystal will cope. Fred... er... yeah, I'm gonna go hide now.

ariel_boomer posted a comment on Saturday 27th April 2013 8:16pm for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Thank you 1) for updating so quickly and 2) for letting Draco get his good bye. I am still holding on hope he lives but if he doesn't this will be my comfort. That and if somehow Draco could be in the wedding or at least see it. Does anyone have a jewel left? One that would let him see through their eyes? Just a thought. Also with Harry and Ginny's wedding its kind of hard to wrap my head around because I keep thinking them as cubs and them pre-hogwarts - probably because I have re-read those sections the most. Still really excited for it but I can't believe how old they are now - I sound like a mother and I'm just the readers so I can't imagion how you are feeling. So thank you for keeping up this story and as always please keep updating.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, it's kind of messing with my head too. But I can see them at all their ages without too much trouble... still weird, though!

menentesa posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 6:45pm for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Oddly enough, when you announced various facts as a prank for April Fool's my guess as to which is true seems to be accurate. Luna is indeed and Heir, it seems. Also, my guess about Amanda seems to be as well. Is she the one Letha spoke of a few chapters back where a student almost drowned and woke up magical? My guess is that the original little girl's soul departed leaving room for Amanda to step in. As always, well done and I can't wait to read what happens next!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

One right, one wrong. Luna has no blood in common with Salazar Slytherin at all, but you are entirely right about Amanda!

oddlyalli posted a comment on Friday 26th April 2013 3:26pm for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

This was actually a wonderful chapter (though I won't pretend you can't ruin it all with whatever you do to Draco--or the Weasleys--next). I'm smiling at the end of it. I haven't been a fan of Amanda, but that last speech was priceless and pulled me onto her side; well staged. Basically, everything else has already been reviewed (specifically the stomach-to-throat moment with Fred and George that hasn't entirely ended), so have a great week and...

ENCOURAGEMENT!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oooh encouragement! Thank you.... and yeah, that little moment with the twins made me cry writing it. And it's only getting better/worse...

carolebear posted a comment on Thursday 25th April 2013 3:47pm for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

The only reason I did not cry when I read this is that I must teach students in just a few minutes. I don't want to start the first class with red eyes. I was sobbing on the inside, though. You really scared me with the line that the Weasley twins were lying side by side.

So if prophesy is the main gift of the Slytherin line, then Luna is descended from the line of Slytherin, right? So that would mean that we now have an Heir from all four of the Houses in the Pride. Wow. Voldemort really doesn't stand a chance. Did what Amanda did allow her to turn that curse back on him? Or wait, the curse would be turned back on one of the descendents of the Slytherin line, but if Luna is the youngest Heir, we don't want it to be on her, do we? Your plots give me a headache. This is actually a compliment, because you are such a good writer, but just when I think I have figured something out, you throw me a curve ball.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, Luna's prophetic gift is "artificial", it came from her mom's scrying potion, remember? Alex's line died out... sort of. See next chapter!

Nenya posted a comment on Thursday 25th April 2013 3:38pm for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Loved it! I'm so glad Draco got to see Danger again :)

I wonder what Luna's plotting? And I wonder if he'll have to lose the Mark in the same way that he does in BC...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, actually, this will be different for the Mark. But we'll see about that when it comes around.

Dangams posted a comment on Thursday 25th April 2013 8:34am for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Short review because all the work, but YES, AMANDA'S SPEECH! IT WAS AWESOME!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

*bows* Break a leg on all the work.

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Thursday 25th April 2013 1:13am for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

I love it when your wider mythology comes into play. So many lesser authors borrow wholesale, but you manage to perform some kind of alchemical transmogrification to produce something fresh and new which nonetheless feels comfortable and familiar!

Also, your shameless plugs have little effect on those who have already bought :-P although we eagerly await the next enticement ;-)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, I started out when we knew a lot less about the canon Potterverse, so I've been working this out for a looong time.

Leleni posted a comment on Thursday 25th April 2013 12:28am for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Anne, I greatly appreciate the update, but now it will be even harder to get my paper written in a timely manner! We are right on the cusp of hearing what exactly has been going on with Amanda, and you stop. Now I will be forced to speculate on this instead of getting my grant proposal finished...

I am glad the Pack got to learn why they should not attempt a rescue of Draco. Also, maybe if they can establish a dream connection a few weeks later Draco can give them some information of the Death Eater forces.

Did Alex's daughter (can't remember her original name) take over Amanda with permission at the end, or was it her spirit in the body all along? I thought it was somewhat like Alex inhabiting Ezra occasionally, but this chapter made it sound like she had been there all along.

Greatly looking forward to more!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Re paper: oops? As for Draco... Bad Things are going to happen. And her name was always Amanda... it's been her all along.

karm23 posted a comment on Thursday 25th April 2013 12:11am for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

I think this is one of the things I love most about your stories, because even among the horrible things, you manage to introduce sweet little tidbits of the life of the Pack; of the things that make them the Pack. Having Danger say goodbye to Draco, and Meghan and Luna laughing at Voldemort's face... I love those little things.

Loved Amanda's attitude through this, I guess we'll understand it soon. Can't wait to read Anne's story... and the rest of Amanda's story as well.

I wish Draco could have one more dreamscape with the whole Pack and Pride, to say his goodbyes.

All in all a great, if sad chapter.

I'm guessing the wedding and the breaking of the year will be a bittersweet event, but I'll know that even thorugh their sadness, they'll find a way to make it special, and memorable, in honor of those who are gone.

Until next time!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Amanda's attitude is mostly because she knew that was how she was going to win. If she could just face down death with joy and love, she'd get everything she'd ever wanted. As for Draco getting a dream with the Pack... see next chapter!

ccarter posted a comment on Wednesday 24th April 2013 11:49pm for Chapter 26: Father, Mother, Son and Daughter (Year 6)

Great chapter! I loved Amanda facing down Tom. I think that alone made up for any evilness in the rest of the chapter. Thanks!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

'Twas definitely fun to write, so thanks!