Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Sunday 31st May 2015 5:21pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Excellent chapter. I love the way you've twisted it all up again and moved the story on so quickly. There's a real sense of build to the finish now!

LynnTerald posted a comment on Wednesday 12th June 2013 2:48pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

...

If you stuck Lucius Malfoy in front of my right now, I'd do him every bodily injury known to man and then bleed him dry in the slowest for of death I could find. I couldn't read it all and, God, the parts that I could read were horrible. (not the writing, I mean, the way the emotions pull at you.)

Well, I suppose the only way for me to know if he regains his proper memories or not is the go forward.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I promise you, Lucius will suffer for this. And for everything else he's done, or going to do. But you have to trust me, because it will not look like he does... not for quite a while yet...

Dangams posted a comment on Sunday 2nd June 2013 1:56pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

I'm alive! I loved Draco's sniping at Lucius, especially the comments about Malfoy virility. :D

But nooooo, mindtwisted Draco. :( Sadness.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

That part was great fun to write. Breathe deep, all will (eventually) be well...

Erika Shulkusky posted a comment on Wednesday 29th May 2013 3:22pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Holy moly, how are you going to get him out of that one?! You ARE going to get him out and back to the Pack, eventually, yes?????? I know he was supposed to die but this is worse than death!! Sigh..... well, I can only hope that the love he had for the Pack and they for him will triumph in the end. I look forward to the next chapter, as always!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, maybe, maybe I will. And he might still die. We shall see, we shall see!

tangentsferret posted a comment on Tuesday 28th May 2013 7:37pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Life is full of chaos. This chapter is full of happy, and of sad, and of really truly awful. You write it well, as always. Well enough that I can barely stand to read some of it, which I suppose is, in it's own way, high praise.

Bought Cat Tales for my Kindle. Finished it this morning before work, and then discovered that I could not figure out how to leave a review either here, or at Amazon, on the mobile site, and Amazon is blocked at work, which is both awful and deeply stupid in my opinion.

Enjoyed all the stories. Had fun with the Legendbreakers based one matching the names to the people.

However, "Music Hath Charms"? Lovelovelovelove horribly curious what happens next can there be more tomorrow plz? I usually try really hard not to be all "More soon please" because I know it is annoying and I promise not to do it again except in the Amazon review where I am headed next, but it was just so INTERESTING! Very much looking forward to the whole book advertised as coming along later. (I think it was the sociology and the semantics. They speak to my Inner Geek.)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Amen on chaos. So glad you liked Cat Tales! Yes, Killdeer is in process. Part Two, with Suncrest and Duskdance, is finished (mostly) and Parts Three and Four are planned but yet to be written.

oddlyalli posted a comment on Friday 24th May 2013 10:30am for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

"For Champions, Heirs, and Consorts all / Shall gather ere the darkness fall. / A long-awaited night of pain / Brings dreadful loss, yet also gain;" So, everyone's gonna be back together--whoo!

"Despite the words, the theft, the flight, / A secret hope hides in the light." Draco's gonna have to do some specific worrying things once he's installed as Lucius so as not to raise suspicion (but will he be completely back to himself by then?).

"But some things, do not seek to hold;" could mean Draco or the Deathly Hallows, or, combined with the line below, a battleground. "There is no shame in planned retreat, / To twine and trap your foeman's feet."

"The castle's yours, no matter who / May seek to lord it over you, / So let them think they've conquered, yet / Await the night your path was set, / O Man Who'd Win:" aka, Halloween's gonna be awesome.

"Your strangest gift" is likely Draco, so he'll be right by then, at least.

"As part of this, two Heirs must choose: / Their powers, or their cause, to lose?" Party pooper. So, probably Harry the Gryffindor, and if you're going for the poetry, Snape should help Meghan.

"The blood of wolves will change the game," you'll finally explain Voldemort's Remus obsession, "As will the things that night does name;" Whoo! Luna and Draco will rock.

"The queens shall ride the lion bold;" You and your Narnia imagery..."Glad hope, bright peace, you shall behold; / And black to red and red to brown / Shall surely bring the darkness down." Peter and Evanie will have twins whose names mean hope and peace? Or this is just the wrap-up, keep-your-chin-up bookend. That, or because of the Founders' "no repeats" rule, those colors indicate something else this time, in which case there's too much red for my comfort.

I'm only okay with the end of this chapter because I know his getting out of it will be amazing. So, yeah. Go be amazing.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh yes, Halloween WILL be awesome. :-P to the party pooper comment. No, Peter and Evanie won't be having twins... but there WILL be babies whose names mean those two things! And the colors are still hair... but none of them are the same people they were the first time. Nor are the relationships romantic. More like protective...

carolebear posted a comment on Thursday 23rd May 2013 9:26pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Thanks for getting rid of that monstrous review.so I could do this right.

Aargh! Again, you rip my heart right out with that last part. All the possibilities inherent in your AU's keep coming to mind, and I am really starting to confuse some of them with DV main, especially since many of them seem like perfectly valid ways this story could go.. Draco's new 'reality' is yet another one, set right out in the middle of this story. (" Oblivians torquere " to twist or turn the memories?) The ripple of air, which is not Neville, still must be someone friendly to the cause, or at least to Draco. (Who else has an invisibility cloak? Why didn't Daddy dearest see or hear him? A house elf? Dobby?) In a way, this evil memory spell is protecting Draco, because he won't be constantly baiting Lucius. Danger and Remus said Draco would be protected; who told them that? (Or where can I look it up for myself; was it in the last couple of chapters?) I have pretty much decided that Luna's vision WILL come true, but their potion that they (now only Luna) are brewing will cause the vision to mean something very different from what we originally thought, and one of the "possible" future-takes will come to pass. I’m so excited about SD being available for purchase — it will make things so much easier in my reread. I asked for FD for my birthday, but forgot to give out the link until 2 days ago, so my present will be last (it’s this Sunday).

What is happening with Evanie and Peter? Will we hear more from them?

Could you please refresh my memory as to where the Christmas prophecy Danger and Remus spoke of can be found? And I just reread something in FD about Voldemort really hating Remus for some reason, but I can't remember which. I think I bookmarked it on my nook, though. I'll be so glad when I get my paperback copies so I can look things up more easily! This also kind of sounds like something referenced in the last quarter of the newest prophecy.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You ask a question (who is that by Draco's feet) and then you answer it yourself ("what is happening with... will we see more of...")! Alex told Danger and Remus that Draco would be protected. The Christmas prophecy is in Chapter 15 of SD and the bit I think you mean with Voldie and Remus is in Chapter 44 of FD.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Thursday 23rd May 2013 6:16pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Wow! Too weird for words! You've hit us with a lot of cliffhangers, but this one is *really* hard to live with. Please write the next chapter soon! Please...?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Don't worry, the payoff is worth the anticipation. I promise!

Starqueg2 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd May 2013 4:24pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Another great chapter! As much as I hate torturing a main character, the way you've written this plot with Draco is wonderful.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It's necessary torture this time out. Truly.

ilovewhydouneedtoknow posted a comment on Thursday 23rd May 2013 10:32am for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

I'm speechless, that was pure evil, poor Draco I just hope that he will remember soon... What you've done with this whole universe is amazing I love it. How do you think if the prophesies? There really good!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Mwahaha. And what do you mean "think of" the prophecies? Obviously Alex tells them to me! :-)

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 23rd May 2013 9:52am for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Yes, seriously creepy and seriously well done. I take it that the whole thing was a sly twist on a memory charm, turning good memories to bad and vice versa? Excellent chapter. Loved the prophecy too.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Bingo! Nicely put. (Though do notice how Lucius has changed the bit of the story which goes "taken down by two four-year-olds"...)

Prongsie posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 1:27am for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Oh, wow. Wow. Okay, definitely evil. No, make that Evil. All right, let's see what we can get from this.

The days have come, so long foretold,When settled is the fight of old;

Yay! Wel, yay and not yay: good for the Pack that they can almost get on with their lives, not good for us, faithful readers, that are seeing the end of DV. Sniffles.

In half a year, or less, you'll seeDefeat or glorious victory.

I'm counting on glorious victory, with a dash of sorrow and suffering, because what glorious victory is there without those?

Though mourn you have and mourn you will,Hold tight to good instead of ill,

Think positive thoughts, guys!

For Champions, Heirs, and Consorts allShall gather ere the darkness fall.

Everyone gathers for the final battles

A long-awaited night of painBrings dreadful loss, yet also gain;

So, night of pain... The night Draco went knowingly to Malfoy? Dreadful loss (death, him missing and now without his Pack-memories - Evil Voldemort) yet also gain. I hope so.

Despite the words, the theft, the flight,A secret hope hides in the light.

Good news, I suppose.

Through months of heat, fight brave and bold,But some things, do not seek to hold;There is no shame in planned retreat,To twine and trap your foeman's feet.The castle's yours, no matter whoMay seek to lord it over you,

So they'll take Hogwarts (bummer, but I get it), but it'll have been foreseen/Foreseen so the retreat will be planned to make sure Voldemort doesn't realise that (too early).

So let them think they've conquered, yetAwait the night your path was set,O Man Who'd Win: when you shall hearYour strangest gift with friendly ear,

Man Who'd Win! Yay! Strangest gift: parseltongue? Friendly ear: big snake, perhaps?

Go unto those whose Oath you sworeAnd bargain well to win the war.

So, Harry will have to go and bargain with the Founders. They seem friendly folk (mostly), so he should come out on top, right?

As part of this, two Heirs must choose:Their powers, or their cause, to lose?

Damn it.

One, as his forebear, wields a blade;

I'm thinking Harry here. Ugh. He's giving up is Griyffindor powers? Sucks dude. Give the guy a break.

The raven shall the other aid.

I'm thinking Meghan. Don't know why, but I remember Snape and Meghan when she was going all freaked out by the Ravenclaw powers or something.

If all is done as all should be,Your loved ones' faces you shall see;

Loved ones' faces? Lily and James, Marcus, George, the other dead? Stone of Resurrection?

The blood of wolves will change the game,

Baby!

As will the things that night does name;

Not a clue.

The queens shall ride the lion bold;

OMG, such a Narnia-insert. Love it.

Glad hope, bright peace, you shall behold;And black to red and red to brownShall surely bring the darkness down.

Hurray! Huzzah! Great! Write the story and let us rejoice! ;-)

(oh, and have fun while doing so. Still the most important bit, I think)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Evil is fun! For the night of pain, think of a certain vision. What else could "light" mean? Well done on the "strangest gift" but no, Harry won't be hearing it from a snake... good call on the people losing powers, though, and on the loved ones' faces! As for "the things that night does name", what night is the Final Battle going to be?

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 12:24am for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Yikes?

I have faith that you have planned a way out of this, so I'm not going to panic…nope, not panicking, not even nearly…

gibber

Anne B. Walsh replied:

*sighs, passes purring cat to help calm dragon down*

ccarter posted a comment on Tuesday 21st May 2013 9:41pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

I loved when Draco pointed out that everything actually originates with Lucius. Can't wait to see what you do with Draco Malfoy. Should be an interesting lead in to his "death" and the ramifications of it.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

That did amuse me to think about, so I decided to add it to the story.

pandabears05 posted a comment on Tuesday 21st May 2013 9:24pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Another prophecy!! Yay!! Loved the bickering between Lucius and Draco. Though if the war is ending in about six months, what happened to Ginny needing to have a baby for the war to end? Or did she have to just be pregnant? Maybe I should go back and read that one again. Happy moment of the day: opening up amazon to see Anne B. Walsh listed in the top three slots of my recommendeds. :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

The lion's line just has to continue -- it's enough for the new Heir to exist, she doesn't have to be born yet. Ooh, which book?

triciaelbl posted a comment on Tuesday 21st May 2013 9:08pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Wow, did not see this one coming. I love the way you mirrored the truth for Draco. I loved the interchange with Alex, as always. Sorry for not reviewing more, my phone won't let me, and I rarely get on the "whole" computer these days. I really enjoy all your work. Cat tales was a joy! I can't wait to read the next offering, SD and originals. I liked a DInner of Herbs, but wasn't a huge fan of the other author- it was such a difference from your style I found the mix quite jarring.

Keep writing, you are one of my favorites!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It's fine, I do understand that people have troubles... but it gets wearing sometimes. Writing the "backwards" life for Draco was a challenge, but fun!

callie posted a comment on Tuesday 21st May 2013 7:57pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Argh? What ? No! Draco!!!!!!!!!

you're good Draco you're a black not a Malfoy!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Don't worry too much... the truth has a way of coming out...

kendiara posted a comment on Tuesday 21st May 2013 7:39pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Score Draco! Yeah this is going to get bad.. I can feel it.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, Draco totally pwned Lucius. And it's not over yet...

Hpfan692007 posted a comment on Tuesday 21st May 2013 7:24pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

Wow! Man you are good. the way you write makes me care for these characters like they are real. Please dont quit. You remind me of JKR with your storytelling but it has your own flavor. Sad to see Draco Malfoy back, and I am so ready for Lucius to die. Loved the interaction between Remus and Danger. I can't wait for Patrick Black to decipher this one. btw when are you gonna update that one? All in all a different but funny chap. I read the first story a long time ago. The way you write these stories they really are unbelivable, Trust me, your hard work is very appreciated.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Sadly I can't update the prophecy fic until this fic is over, or almost so, or I'd be spoiling! Glad you've stuck around.

Jam posted a comment on Tuesday 21st May 2013 5:35pm for Chapter 28: Foresight and Hindsight (Arc 7)

The days have come, so long foretold, When settled is the fight of old; In half a year, or less, you'll see Defeat or glorious victory.

We're getting close to wrapping this up.. Yay, but also :( Don't want it to end! Also I'm definitely hoping for a glorious victory.

Though mourn you have and mourn you will, Hold tight to good instead of ill, For Champions, Heirs, and Consorts all Shall gather ere the darkness fall.

ALL? So even Draco then?

A long-awaited night of pain Brings dreadful loss, yet also gain; Despite the words, the theft, the flight, A secret hope hides in the light.

This means when the Luna-vision happens, right? Light was Lucius in an old prophecy.. Switcheroo like AU's? Dare I hope? "Also gain" I'm holding on to that and "secret hope" like nothing else here.

Through months of heat, fight brave and bold, But some things, do not seek to hold;

Months of heat - summer? So stuff will go down in the summer. The other bit I don't understand. "Do not seek to hold"..

There is no shame in planned retreat, To twine and trap your foeman's feet.

I have no idea what this referrs to.

The castle's yours, no matter who May seek to lord it over you, So let them think they've conquered, yet

Bad Guys take the Castle, but our guys still 'command' it? The Heart Remembers and all that, I'm guessing?

Await the night your path was set, O Man Who'd Win: when you shall hear Your strangest gift with friendly ear,

Path was set..on Halloween? Maybe? And a snake will talk to Harry! Probably. Maybe. I DON'T KNOW.

Go unto those whose Oath you swore And bargain well to win the war.

Go upstairs to the Founders and bargain for something. With what? FOR what?

As part of this, two Heirs must choose: Their powers, or their cause, to lose? One, as his forebear, wields a blade; The raven shall the other aid.

So one heir is a dude, who had an ancestor who had a sword.. Gryffindors sword? REMUS IS THE REAL HEIR! I mean he's good with a sword, and Voldie wants him dead like yesteryear and I'm reaching here, because if you somewhat hold to canon and the other aided by Snape then that should be Harry?

If all is done as all should be, Your loved ones' faces you shall see;

Well good news there, I hope. (Draco ♥)

The blood of wolves will change the game, As will the things that night does name;

Blood of wolves.. Remus/Danger, or Remus/Harry? R/D blood could mean baby, R/H blood could be the locket and the connection-blocker and the blood bond? But what does the night name? Black? My poor brain.

The queens shall ride the lion bold; Glad hope, bright peace, you shall behold;

Queens riding a lion.. Narnia reference? Pearl and Kitten riding Moony? I don't know, but it sounds good. I like good.

And black to red and red to brown Shall surely bring the darkness down.

Harry and Ginny and Hermione and Ron shall surely kick ass. (and all was well. please .)

These are hard to figure out, Anne, and I love you for it. Also I can't even begin to comment on the Draco bit because FEELS IN MY HEART. :(

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Consider the word "all"... it does indeed mean what you think it means. :-) Nice work on remembering old prophecies! "Do not seek to hold" means don't try to defend everything... some battles need to be lost in order to win the war. Good call on the night the path was set, but it isn't a snake who'll be talking to Harry. And yes, very much yes on the butt-kicking!