Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Sunday 31st May 2015 6:46pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

Oh that was a mean cliffhanger! I loved the detail of going back to early years Defense courses for him to swap it. Loved the founders cornerstones idea too.

jua-chan posted a comment on Saturday 13th July 2013 12:47pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

NOOOOOOOO. Not little Zach (yes Graham bears mentioning too but poor little Zach!).

I have to say I cannot catch the hint you are talking about. Then again I like not knowing and then laughing at my own blindness later.

Love the chapter. I am happy to see a bit more of Echo, Bernie and Ciccus. They are adorable but you can also see how they are slowly growing up.

Bitting my nails to find out what happens next. Well done.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

The hint is now spelled out for you. And Echo, Bernie, and Cissus will be back!

Erika Shulkusky posted a comment on Thursday 4th July 2013 4:27pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

Hmmm, could the clue be re location?? Feels like a trap.......will look forward to reading your take on the final horcrux since you are diverging fom the original plot. Also wanted to let you know that I just finished reading Cat Tales and loved the short stories....my favorite was Warrior Queen.......loved the fangcats! I am a cat lover myself so any story where cats are part of the plot will grab my interest!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, the final Horcrux will be a doozy. And thanks! So glad you enjoyed Cat Tales... would you mind, or have you already, putting a couple comments on whatever site you got the book from? Thanks!

frances posted a comment on Monday 1st July 2013 4:11pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

Oh dear. Very worried about Zach and Natalie. Also would love to hear more about Hestia, Kettleburn etc. Can't wait for another chapter!!!!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hestia and Kettleburn will be back.

Nenya posted a comment on Sunday 30th June 2013 6:53am for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

A hint that Graham isn't the one writing it? Hmmm...I confess my initial thought was 'Graham would never joke about being kidnapped by Death Eaters'. Is Luna's prophecy about the new-wed nymph coming to fruition, then? Maybe I should go read Defying Gravity for some hints.

Other stuff - loved the Harry/Ginny moment. I always enjoy watching that pair interact in your work; you write them as having a real, balanced relationship, which isn't the impression I got from canon!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Ding ding ding, well done! As for Harry and Ginny, JKR saw the story as circling more around the friendship trio of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Ginny always seemed like a bit of an afterthought, just "Oh, and Harry should have someone too." Which isn't fair and she deserved more, because the hints we see in canon are of a strong, intelligent, determined young lady. I personally thought they should have taken her along on the "camping trip"... maybe it would have been over a bit sooner!

Face Toward the Dawn posted a comment on Saturday 29th June 2013 11:09pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

I love finding out more about house-elves. They can tell if a baby's going to be a boy or a girl *before it's even conceived*. How weird/cool is that? "Alex, Harry decided, must have got his looks more from his proud-faced mother, whose coloring made him think of Snow White at the same time as her expression recalled the wicked Queen from the same story…" Am I supposed to be remined of Jadis, the White Witch? "From your mouth to the Lion's ears" Yes, I think I am supposed to be thinking of Narnia :) I can't find the hint that Graham isn't writing the note.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You are definitely meant to be thinking of Narnia. And the hint is now spelled out in the new chapter!

carolebear posted a comment on Saturday 29th June 2013 10:12pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

So Harry and Ginny will have a girl, whenever they finally get around to it. But I thought the prophecy said that "Lion's line continue must, ere eldest serpent's turn to dust?" Doesn't that mean this can't end until they have a child, or Ginny is at least pregnant? (not that I am an advocate of them having children so early) The stray thought Harry had when Virginia's sock stealing habits makes me curious, since I can't connect it with anything else. I have learned that you are a master at inserting little tidbits that suddenly make sense 20 or so chapters down the road.

Very interesting story about the cornerstone of Hogwarts. Even more interesting were Luna's ramblings at the end of the story. Have I ever mentioned that you irritate the tar out of me when you just give us all these little tantalizing tidbits? There's rarely enough of anything for me to put anything together, and by the time you add another piece of information to the puzzle, I've usually forgotten the first bits. *heavy sigh* Of course, if I could figure out everything, I would be writing a companion story, like LupineMoon. I love that story, and hate it for the same reasons; tantalizing tidbits.

I'm scared, because now they ( whoever they are) have Graham, a pureblood, and little innocent Zach, also a pureblood, and Natalie, whose blood status I can't remember. Of course, the blood status is meaningless now, since they can't use the spell to determine it; it would just matter if anyone remembered. Is there a reason for the kidnapping beyond simple spite, or revenge? Or, perhaps worse, are they trying to get their hands on Selena and Roger, an obviously fertile couple? Are portkeys restricted? I know you can't/won't answer most of those questions, but if you answer any, would you please tell me which is it, unlike last time? *smiles sweetly* (You can be so devious some times. What am I saying; you are devious ALL the time.)

And I know it's not Graham writing the note because he would never, ever joke about being kidnapped by Death Eaters, not after what he went through.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I have many plans about their child, some of which deal with the time/age issue. Trust your author. Tantalizing tidbits are my specialty... and Natalie's a Muggleborn, which is well-known even if they can't determine it magically. Portkeys are not restricted, but they are traceable! And well-caught on the hint in the note.

oddlyalli posted a comment on Saturday 29th June 2013 7:33pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

Relationship info and illustrations, yay! Snortling at "Slytherin will always be evil" statements, yay! New fancy Hogwarts contraption, yay! Big bad things, booo!

Anxiously dreading awaiting the next chapter--thanks for continuing to write!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Your yays and boos amuse me intensely. As for continuing to write... I'm seldom able to STOP!

ccarter posted a comment on Friday 28th June 2013 8:54pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

I love when smart people miss the obvious. They missed the point about Slytherin and the Bloody Baron entirely. Of course the proffessors would know all about the battle with a witness they knew to ask, though I am interested to see what the "difference(s)" come to be. Intriguing as always. Also, excellent way of inserting an explanation of the state of Harry and Ginny's marriage.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Not that they missed the point, more that they knew that already. And yes, Harry and Ginny's wedding night is indeed coming... I have much silly planned circling around states of dress and undress.

PreseliAvalon posted a comment on Friday 28th June 2013 7:43pm for Chapter 32: Of Families and Friendships (Arc 7)

omgomgomgomg YOU ARE EVIL. Still, So much LOVE.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I should adopt that as my middle name. Anne Evil Walsh. But then I'd be Anne E. which sounds like Annie and like Anne Shirley, I am never Annie...