Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Dangams posted a comment on Wednesday 16th October 2013 7:50pm for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

Draco, whether you come back with your shield or on it, glory awaits. You have fulfilled the duty of a true Gryffindor most admirably; to stand forth in defence of others, no matter the odds, to face the most dangerous of foes with unwavering resolve, and to never give in. Whether you strike down your enemy, or are yourself struck down, know this: you have won, and you will be forever remembered, held up as an example of true and brave heroism. Hail, Fox, and farewell!

þæt wæs gód hæleþ!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oooh. Goosebumps. Many thanks, on his behalf and on mine!

Dangams posted a comment on Wednesday 16th October 2013 7:26pm for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

The revelation of Team Flowerchild was an amusing break in the darkness of the events at the end of the chapter. Fight well, Fox!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, they needed a laugh.

Face Toward the Dawn posted a comment on Wednesday 16th October 2013 6:56pm for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

Little Draco is so cute. "Rose, Lily, Narcissa! How did I never see that before?" Were you thinking of that when you picked "Rose" for Mrs. Granger? "Oh, everyone's got a piece of themselves that never grew up." So. If that part of Hermione is in Fox's mind, what happens to that part of her if Fox gets killed? Either way, this makes the link between them even stronger. "So…who shot first?" I'm reliably informed that Han shot first. (Okay, fine, being serious: I think Draco got his job done. Is this the part where the Manor collapses?)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Not really, just wanted a nice name for her. And of COURSE Han shot first. (The Manor doesn't collapse in this one. We get to reclaim it instead.) As for what happens to little!Hermione... well, what happens to Fox, who has sworn the Oath of the Guardians, if he dies in the pursuit of his duties -- which this counts as?

LoneWolfe posted a comment on Wednesday 16th October 2013 12:29pm for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

........ You're evil. That said, amazing chapter, as always. Can't believe the speed at which you've been updating lately - every time there is a new chapter, I squee. I know how much you like to torture your readers, but I'm hooked.

It's a good thing my nails are already short, or I would be biting them waiting for the next chapter.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, reader torture is indeed one of my favorite sports.

oddlyalli posted a comment on Tuesday 15th October 2013 12:14pm for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

I love the kitten + draco scene, but will that in any way change Hermoine's personality? Because most of us with Never Never Lander brain bits don't have them inaccessable. And the talking to the castle makes me happy, but that's to be expected when my favorite fic is Be Careful.

Sigh. Albus. (If it's another packfriend, I will yell at my computer a lot.) Will you step back a bit so we can see his death? It seems like it wouldn't be death by AK if Minerva was called first, unless Letha was just making sure she was in place to do head-y things immediately upon the powershift, since the Death Munchers will likely be distracted for a minute or so...Oh, my head. You just keep writing, I'll stay out of it.

Is Luna being haunted by the ghost of Slytherins past? And I'm hoping that parchment is more effective than a flaming wad of paper.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

We may get a bit more about Albus's death in upcoming chapters. And Hermione will probably stay connected to her little-bit, and have dreams...

Nenya posted a comment on Tuesday 15th October 2013 10:26am for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

Oh, and also - I CANNOT BELIEVE I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT THEIR MOTHERS ALL HAVE FLOWER NAMES. Significant?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Not really. Just a cute little coincidence which gave me a chapter title.

Nenya posted a comment on Tuesday 15th October 2013 10:24am for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

I...am not sure what to say. Cracking pace, as ever; I wouldn't care to guess what happened with Lucius and Draco. Although "Twelve golden necklaces chilled"...does Draco have a carving on his own necklace? I can't remember whether they have a carving for themselves. If not, and all twelve chilled, surely that means it was a pack-friend who's died...were they chilling for Dumbledore at the end there? Can't wait to see what's been happening elsewhere, and who Luna was talking to.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He may not have a carving on his own necklace, but when you're in death-danger yourself, everything chills and glows for you.

buffarama posted a comment on Tuesday 15th October 2013 12:57am for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

...okay then.

Anansii posted a comment on Monday 14th October 2013 11:22pm for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

Oh yeah, "If you cross the river, a great empire will die." :) Just don't get down to the penultimate chapter then take four months off to do something else. (Yeah, a favorite comic artist of mine just did that - the something else is good paying and I certainly don't begrudge him it, but still...)

Meanwhile, good chapter!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Double-edged prophecies. They are fun.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Monday 14th October 2013 11:56am for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

Double kill?

BYOT indeed. But as the last line says, not unexpected. And perhaps next chapter we will actually learn the meaning of that vision Luna had way back when. (How many books and year ago?)

Three chapters in a week. Thank you ever so much!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Beginning of Facing Danger. Mid-2006.

Tiger posted a comment on Monday 14th October 2013 11:50am for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

While there is no timeline as to when the necklaces chilled, I bet its for Albus, because that death they were prepared for but not everyone would have been fully prepared for Draco. Or maybe I'm just being delusional to save my own sanity. I wonder who killed him though (probably Snape), and why. I do wonder what was the purpose of the parchment was . Looking forward to finally finding out about the vision you kept torturing us about.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Nobody had to kill him. And the parchment was just to hold the fire Fox was planning to use to burn Lucius's wand. Turn the page to see if it worked...

kendiara posted a comment on Monday 14th October 2013 11:15am for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

Yay kitten! Also you're a meanie pants. So now to wonder is the chill Albus or Draco... Also loved the fact that he knows Luna so well to warn her off of something that could have turned out badly. Knowing the future can change it, good or bad.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, yes I am. And who says that voice was a he?

triciaelbl posted a comment on Monday 14th October 2013 10:26am for Chapter 39: Flower and Fade (Arc 7)

Lots of tears for Luna and Fox. I love how you've set this up. The kitten for Draco was sweet, and I love the symbolism of the mothers protecting them. Can't wait for more!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He deserves some happiness, after being stuck in the same place for almost thirteen years...