Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

karm23 posted a comment on Monday 25th November 2013 8:15pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Certain ideas keep going around and around in my head. I'm re-reading SD and I keep finding these very interesting little things that seem so harmless when you read them, but once they are in context because you already read what comes after, they are so meaningful it's scary. One of these ideas is that the ring that Luna wears is a little bit like Harry's locket. Could that happen? That some of the Imprimatus potion is in the ring along with some of Luna's blood, and it gives the appearance that she was affected by the potion when in fact she was not? And I'm sure Lucius' curiosity about the painting has something to do with the bloodline relics, right?

I truly like that you are finding some way to redeem Peter. That constant fear he must be in for Evanie and their child, it has completely changed him.

Also, the koi pond full of DEs. Brilliant.

Until next time!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oooh. Hang onto those thoughts, hon... they'll serve you well as we go forward!

Erika Shulkusky posted a comment on Monday 18th November 2013 4:30pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Hello, it's been a while......I had some catching up to do! Well, there have been so many twists and turns over the past chapters that have kept the story propelling along. I am glad to see that Wormtail is now a good guy posing as a bad guy. Being married and about to be a father made him grow a pair, huh? I just finished reading this last chater and particularly enjoyed the interplay between the Death Eater Novir, Percy, Crystal and Fred......they are quite the vigilantes. And of course, how wicked is it to turn Death Eaters into fish? Diabolical and I love it.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yep. Something about being responsible for other people does that. And the fish are such fun to write. Bad-ass Percy as well. It really isn't that hard -- he always had the capability, and in DV he's just developed it sooner.

SerenityLily posted a comment on Sunday 10th November 2013 9:41am for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Hello Anne! I've been a great fan of your stories for the past 5 years or so :) although this is the first time I'm reading them on fanficauthors haha :P but anyways, after six months studying for exams, two weeks ago I decided to catch up on that series called Dangerverse, and I started with Living With Danger...... And marathoned all the way to this. And all I can say is, woah. Superb. I've practically seen your writing grow, mature, and become more sophisticated in my two week holiday of reading. And let's not even talk about the recent chain of events!!! I've been spending ages and ages convincing myself that Draco, Luna and Dumbledore are ALIVE and well. My working theory: Draco and Luna were just hanging out at the Founder's Hogwarts - or lets just say that was an illusion - to convince everyone that they're dead, even though they aren't actually. I mean, we never actually saw Draco's body, and I'm not about to trust Yucky Lucky! And I'm thinking that maybe he died not because of the fire, but because he tried to kill Draco (and the life debt actually held because I have convinced myself that Moony's and Danger's conversation was a hint from you). And Neenie didn't pick up on the change in scent because I mean she and Draco were the ones who developed the scent masking potion right? But in any case, I shall stop this extremely long review to say thank you for some of the best laughs in my lifetime, and some of the biggest crying fits (yes, I take BYOT to heart) and for keeping on writing. Thanks so much and I honestly can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yep, the Dangerverse taught me how to write. You are right about some things... but I'm not saying which ones! You're welcome and thank YOU for all the kind words!

Face Toward the Dawn posted a comment on Friday 8th November 2013 7:38pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

"I mean, imagine if Harry's aunt had been able to go somewhere magical with her sister, instead of always being left at home, left behind, left out. Maybe she wouldn't have been so frightened and hateful about magic in general." Camelot. Centre for Alternative ... I can't remember what it stood for, but I recognize it. "Oh, I know that." Percy inspected his fingernails. "But you see, they're my Fwoopers." Hee :) I swear, Luna's still Luna, even though all the Luna has been taken away and it's only Starwing in there. The koi pond made me laugh. Good idea, Crystal.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Camelot turns up in Vivens cum Pericula (the Center for All to Magically Explore the Lifestyles of Others Today). Yes, bad-ass Percy is surprisingly easy to write...

jua-chan posted a comment on Friday 8th November 2013 2:47pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

That idea to deal with te Death Eaters they catch is hilarious. I love it.

Chapter was great, I still hate Lucius and I rather hope his vile version of Peter's future will never come to pass. There is something else though, I do not remember Lucius having a scar similar to Hermione and Draco. I might be wrong with that, but if I am right this bears some more thought.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, Lucius had a scar. Aletha (as Mare) healed all his werewolf scars except one, because she was subconsciously remembering Draco's face.

cassandraia posted a comment on Friday 8th November 2013 9:02am for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Disappearing death eaters reminds me of several scenes from book series..."Weren't there six of you a moment ago?" And the best part: the remaining death eaters won't necessarily know that they haven't defected. They'll just know that they're gone. (Although I do worry about the effects of the dark mark on the fish if Volemore decides to make the marks burn: it might upset the children to see koi in such distress.)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yep. Poof. *giggle*

yulerule posted a comment on Friday 8th November 2013 8:22am for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

I'm being spammed by this chapter - I've got 34 (and counting) alerts that this chaper has updated.

Other than that I really like this chapter.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, sorry about the repeating alerts. Tim found and fixed problem. Glad you like!

Nenya posted a comment on Friday 8th November 2013 5:10am for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Forgot to mention, love the fish. Also, is there any way I can get the DV on my Kindle? When I can't use my laptop I tend to use my phone, which leads to squinting.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Should be downloads on this site for at least the finished stories. Sorry that the in-progress ones are only available in epub...

Nenya posted a comment on Friday 8th November 2013 4:41am for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Ooohhh, liquid in the ring, you say? Hmm...is this a potion we've come across before? Do we have even a Muggle in Camelot's chance of guessing what it is? Speaking of Camelot, I see Hermione already has that particular plan in action. I'm glad to see it making an appearance in mainline DV, it was one of my favourite parts of the little continuation stories you wrote. I really enjoyed Lucius in this chapter; whatever's caused the change, he's fascinating to read now. And Wormtail trapped in a cage in his study...that rings a bell, though I can't remember which AU it's in. Question - do the Pride know Wormtail is working for the Order?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hmm. You might guess about Luna's ring. And yes, I'm having a great deal of fun writing Lucius like this. Wormtail ended up in a cage in one of the stories that's only on fanfiction, I think...

Broducce posted a comment on Thursday 7th November 2013 11:42pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Oh goodness, I don't even know where to start.

The fish. I'll start with the fish. That was great! I hope the pond is big enough...

And as for Lucius and Starwing... I'm getting some seriously mixed messages here. There was that short little window into (potential!) post-war Magical Britain and all the interesting details therein, but then there was that bit you said on your blog a while back about how Draco and Luna weren't going to see their Pride again... Or maybe you used wordplay to trick us. Or maybe I'm overthinking this and should just wait like a good little reader.

Peter's angling towards redemption makes me very happy, though I find it interesting how swiftly he began to - revert, I suppose - to the Side of Light(tm) once he met Evanie. I just finished rereading all the previous books and he is destinctly awful in Book 3. "Poke! Poke! Poke!"

Thank you for yet another wonderful, intriguing chapter. I look forward to the next one!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, bear in mind, Peter had been in Azkaban a lot more recently in book 3, plus a year with Lucius Malfoy would turn anybody a bit strange. As for tricking you with wordplay, would I do that? *attempts to look innocent, is distinctly unsuccessful*

kendiara posted a comment on Thursday 7th November 2013 11:36pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Crystal is very very scary. I love her.

I went back and went through Chpt 15 to remind me what the mural was and had an interesting thought about the line "Ah Remus Lupin has come to call." Hehe its his and Hermione's house as much as Malfoys.

Ah Luna what were you two up too...though I'm sadly convinced every single person is going to die. The wedding scene with Danger and Remus has all the kids in the wedding party, and Alex said that this will happen and all of you're dreams will have come true when it does. So if Albus is giving away the bride and Draco and Luna are actually dead, then I'm worried they are all going to be dead. Though it also doesn't explain all the other people there (Weasleys ect) unless you actually plan on destroying the entire world :) Sneaky Sneaky lady.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, Remus's descent is through the female line, which has implications for inheritance... but yes, he does have a legitimate claim. I do not plan on destroying the world... wouldn't you say the Founders' Castle is a venue where the living and the technically-dead can meet, if only for short periods?

triciaelbl posted a comment on Thursday 7th November 2013 11:11pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Love the fish. Totally don't get Luna's ring. Interesting on the political development

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Luna's ring is important, and will be explained more fully later.

Dangams posted a comment on Thursday 7th November 2013 8:33pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Haha, yes. Fish death-eaters! And being there for the amusement of muggle children. A fitting punishment. Also, I like how they're just going to disappear. Not even a body to be found. And when the other DEs start to notice... I have the feeling that such tactics will be more effective against the morale of Voldie and friends than capture and hand-over to the ministry or even just a visible or invisible campaign of killing them all.

And what's going on with Luna's ring, I wonder?

Also, I still maintain that a good old fashioned mallet is the perfect way of inserting fireworks into orifices.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You and your mallet. Luna's ring is... complicated.

Anansii posted a comment on Thursday 7th November 2013 7:58pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Might need a bigger pond after awhile... Leastwise the little fishies are safer than they would be here - if *I* put in a koi pon the storks, egrets, herons, raccoons etc. would think I'd run the dinner bell.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Would be fun to watch all the birdies, though! :-)

PreseliAvalon posted a comment on Thursday 7th November 2013 6:37pm for Chapter 44: Innovations and Renovations (Year 7)

Oh my goodness. They're turning the Death Eaters into fish! SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS. BRILLIANT. I mean, Really. Wow.

Also, Fred and Crystal are a little creep-tastic, which is of course, given the events of recent, understandable. Poor Harry, Ginny, Neville and Meghan...Their hunt isn't going well, is it?

When it comes to canon, I don't enjoy Lucius or Peter, at all. In this story, I like that Peter is at least *trying* to make amends...Lucius, I find my opinion is unchanged. He's creepy and just so...*shudder*

I have to go back and look at Chapter 15...Cause I TOTALLY don't remember that. Looking forward to the next chapter.

*Goes off to do that*

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, we don't like Lucius. Fortunately his fate will be quite fitting. Chapter...57, I think?