Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

MoonlitLightning posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2014 2:51am for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

I've been following the Dangerverse since DwD, but when this site revamped I didn't get the revalidation email - so I just assumed I was getting no updates from you because there were none. Imagine my surprise when it occurred to me to check and I found 20 new chapters waiting for me! Even though you have thoroughly wrecked my sleep schedule, thank you so much for continuing with this series. It is easily my favorite (not to mention the most elaborate and best-written) HP fanfic out there and I'm unbelievably happy it's still going! <3

Darllenydd posted a comment on Monday 7th April 2014 3:44am for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

This story fascinates me. In a good way. The planning you must have gone to years in advance is very impressive. I love the characters, especially the ones who were minor in the Harry Potter novels and yet become wonderful, likeable (or not, depending) and believable here. I cannot wait for future chapters.

Sassycassie47 posted a comment on Tuesday 25th March 2014 9:55am for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Just got done with an entire reread! Love watching the references come together! Can't wait to see what happens next!

oddlyalli posted a comment on Thursday 20th March 2014 11:21pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Okay. You handled that well. My first reaction on finishing the chapter was a relieved/happy-my-predictions-continue-unscathed whoop, but I'm still a little worried how the pack back in HQ and HW will handle the news of Peter's death, hoping they don't keep begrudging him, because it's just wrong if James is more mature than the surviving adults. Thanks for continuing to write and write good [not faulty grammar].

Deborahsu posted a comment on Saturday 15th March 2014 10:19am for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Well done, Ann! You made a very sad chapter into a beautiful testament to love.

tocom81 posted a comment on Friday 14th March 2014 2:31am for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

What a chapter.

I understand that Evanie had to die, because a happily ever after for Peter just would not have been fair. This way there is a feeling of peace for everyone though for Selene it is sad, that she will never get to know her parents.

Draco - Hmm, I do not say that I understand what is happening, but the scar on Daffyd's face makes me very hopeful....

I can't wait for the next chapter and don't want the story ever to end all the same :-)

So thank you for your work and keep going!

Nenya posted a comment on Thursday 13th March 2014 5:30pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Aaand just when I think it can't possibly get better, you go and pull this. Amazing.

My thoughts - Lucius/Draco/Dafydd - one and the same, or at the very least linked. The mark on the cheek sealed that in my head, at least for now.

Luna/Starwing killing Peter - deliberate, and out of mercy, before Moldy Voldy had a chance to figure things out?

Annette Selene - to be raised by the Pack?

And James coming for Wormtail...wow. I was sobbing. I hadn't seen it coming, but it was so utterly perfect.

I'm still reading. I won't stop now until it ends, and then I'll just keep re-reading. Can't wait for the next update.

Face Toward the Dawn posted a comment on Wednesday 12th March 2014 11:03pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

What a chapter.

EVANIE DIED. PETER PETTIGREW DIED and James Potter came to get him. Guy Fawkes Day was referenced. (Is that image a true future, by the way?)

That was an infinitely better death than Peter got in canon.

Aren't there SOME universes where Evanie lives? Be Careful, at least? Though I guess there's nothing Peter could have done to change his world into BC-verse, so it was ok to tell him that he couldn't have done any better.

Will we eventually find out where Annette Selene goes?

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Wednesday 12th March 2014 2:15pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

A fine chapter. Somehow I wasn't as bothered by Evanie's death as I'd expected to be, and Peter's was the redemption that he had earned!

The other parts of this chapter were very nice. Thank you.

(Sent from a laptop I use only when not at home. Please excuse any typos.)

buffarama posted a comment on Wednesday 12th March 2014 4:33am for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

spot the reference! lucius has always been rather fond of danger!

Dangams posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2014 1:27pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Ave atque vale, Petrus Mus!

Poor Peter and Evanie. I'm glad James and Lily came to get them, though.

uthamm posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2014 9:05am for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Redemption. Very nicely done. I had the feeling that Peter's situation was untenable as it existed and you resolved that nicely. I am still trying to figure out what is up with Lucius . . . you have concealed that well.

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2014 2:01am for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

I would post a review but my brain seems to have frozen up…which I suspect was the intent so there's my review in a nutshell!

PreseliAvalon posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2014 9:12pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Oh sweet Goddess...*BAWLS OVER HER KEYBOARD*

carolebear posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2014 8:49pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

*sniff* I suppose that if this had to happen, I can live with this result. I wonder if Echo will be involved in little Annette's care (is she named after the little Muggleborn Evanie was escorting in Diagon Alley)?

So 'Lucius' "is "rather fond of Danger?" Hmm. You keep telling me no, but my heart will still hope… And as usual, you sandwiched the Bad Things in between a couple of Good Things. And I would much rather end the chapter with a Good Thing, no matter how small.

Leleni posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2014 8:42pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

AAHHHHHHH!!! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

Are you pulling a double bluff on us? Is Draco Lucius after all? Did Lucius magically get infected with non-evil-ness and switch sides? Why else would Snape think he's playing a dangerous game if he wasn't actually on the DE's side? I do not understand.... And you aren't going to answer a single one ofmy questions, which makes me sad as well as confused.

Ok, moment over.

That was a completely beautiful end to Peter's story arc. I really loved where you took him. Thinking back a bit, I find it somewhat difficult to reconcile the lunatic that we saw in Year 3 (with the poking incident) with the man we saw when he claimed Evanie, but the section with Evanie in it was a beautiful tale of redemtion.

I am also still wondering what is the deal with Amanda and Daffyd, and now with the baby. It seems they will be raising Annette, but I am stil not convinced they are corporeal beings, which begs the question of how they will be able to take care of a baby, who presumably will not be able to pop in and out of the air.

Ron and Hermionie's section at the beginning was lovely. Also, it has to be a scary moment when you go to ask a parent for their blessing with your significant other, and not knowing if they will say yes or no, and what you would do if they did say no.

I will continue to anxiously await any and all offerings you send our way

kendiara posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2014 8:05pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Crap, I take back what I asked for a few chapters ago. I don't really want to hear about Evanie and Peter. We can ret-con this chapter right? Good for Peter though and James. Poor Luna, and that is not Lucius Malfoy, I think I might be figuring it out soon, and I really want to know where Annette is going to be taken, though I have some thoughts about that too....

Scott M posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2014 7:46pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Wow.

That sums it up really. May have more coherent things to say later, but basically wow.

Oh, and Lucius was "always fond of danger", was he? I can think of someone else who might say that a slightly different way...

triciaelbl posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2014 7:11pm for Chapter 51: Lives and Deaths (Year 7)

Beautiful. and so sad. Loved it!